PS3 [RELEASE] Reload XMB App v1.00 v1.0

Quicker than rebooting and the controller stays on - handy for devs/modders

1. 2,869
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

I have uploaded a new test build of webMAN MOD 1.47.15
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/m5mn0m

What's new in 1.47.15?
    The package includes the new reloadxmb.pkg that installs in Network column without the beep.

webMAN now detects if that application is installed and reload XMB it when the option "Refresh My Games" is used from XMB.

The application Reload XMB now is shown in webMAN Setup menu (webMAN.xml)

There is also a new web command: /reloadxmb.ps3 that executes the application from XMB.
    The web command /refresh.ps3?xmb will reload scan the content, generate the XML and refresh the XMB when complete.
    The web command /refresh_ps3 now also will auto-reload XMB when executed from XMB

Added experimental auto-play for PSPISO. Requires the PSP Launcher added to the PSP group.

Added a small visual effect to the sections in /setup.ps3 when sMAN GUI mode is enabled.

Note: The Auto-Reload XMB is done only if reloadxmb.pkg is installed and listed in Network column.

2. 538
    DEX357

DEX357 Member

Is it possible to hide reload xmb in network category and leave it only in wmm xmb?
    Because it shows up in two places and it does not make sense.

T.A.U and DeViL303 like this.
  3. 6,104
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    It is, if you change the param.sfo to SF , i think it will only show in webman, Im half sure. After doing it double check its not in PSN and that PS store still works :)

I agree. Like i was saying earlier, I'm not a fan of putting random stuff into network category either, for me it made sense to put XMBPD into network, but no one really wanted it there, so if XMBPD doesnt belong there I dont really think other non network related items belong there either. It makes sense for FTP to be there though.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    T.A.U, n00b and DEX357 like this.
  4. 538
    DEX357

DEX357 Member

@DeViL303 Also a problem that can not be translated into another language, eg PL with ut8. Change to SF corrupted reloadxmb. A better solution would be to assign this function to the wmm category.

@aldostools

T.A.U likes this.
  5. 2,869
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

If you don't want reload xmb in 2 places, you can remove the query from webMAN_PL.xml

The category SF makes the icon visible only in webMAN Setup menu, but if you use that category, the web command /reloadxmb.ps3 and the others related will not longer work because these commands expect the icon in the Network column.

Also the category SF uses a large icon, making the options in webMAN Setup menu look not aligned.

I use the icon installed in the Network column because it's easy and fast to navigate to it. Also when the app returns to XMB, it returns to a column near to webMAN Setup. The category SF returns to What's New under the PlayStation Network column, that is 2 columns away of Game column.

When I tried to use the reload icon webMAN Setup, it was more difficult to access the icon and there was a lot of delays loading the sub-menus.

"Added experimental auto-play for PSPISO. Requires the PSP Launcher added to the PSP group."

View attachment 16073

6. 6,104
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    That can be fixed with custom icon0 easily. But i understand if its not going to work without delays unless in network then it has to be there too.

I know the title is misaligned slightly too when its SF..

7. 353
    dazzaXx

dazzaXx Member

XMB UI Editor/Coder, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Awesome work my man, this'll definitely help me out with making UI mods.

T.A.U, aldostools and DeViL303 like this.
  8. 4,452
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Btw, what do you think about moving all this posts about the PSP launchers and merging them to this thread ?
    I liked how that thread started, @shodan2k wrote a good introductory post that is very interesting for the people that doesnt knows how the PSP emulation works on PS3

Our posts with the research and ideas are more advanced, but fits well there... in some way by talking about the improvements we are exposing the problems that already exists to make all this a bit more noob friendly

In my oppinion we should kept in the thread "[RELEASE] Reload XMB App" only the posts related with syscalls that are the official way to reload XMB contents in groups, or what you/kozy did by forcing entering/exiting an app, or other hacks like that... the kind of feaures useful for a plugin

9. 6,104
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Yes move them somewhere anyway. new thread or there is fine by me.

10. 4,452
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

SOME POST THAT ORIGINALLY WAS WRITTEN IN THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED TO:
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/psp-launchers-problems-and-research.23235/

Sorry for the inconvenience, i hope the moved posts are not going to cause much confusion, probably i should have moved them before because was a lot, but i guess are better ordered this way, better late than never
    The other thread can be expanded to talk about other stuff related with the PSP launchers

T.A.U, aldostools and DeViL303 like this.
  11. 6,104
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Noticed this flag on ps3 too, not sure what it is for, 0kb file in dev_hdd0/mms/ called mms.swp.

12. 6,104
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    A very quick way to reload the XMB is to enter Remote Play and then exit it. This got me thinking, surely a plugin could do this reload quicker than an application, as there is a few seconds before the eboot.bin actually gets ran after clicking on an app. A plugin could initiate the same thing instantly in theory.

Also I was thinking maybe there is a way to use remote play to reload the XMB on OFW, maybe by messing with its rco so it auto exits, like throws an error and auto exits maybe. I don't know just an idea and not something I am going to look into, but if someone does want a reload function on OFW it might be worth a look.

citra mulia likes this.