PS4 Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Remake (Release Date: 3rd April 2020)

Discussion in 'THE FEED (Submit/View News)' started by Cypher_CG89, Dec 13, 2019.

1. 3,059
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    resident-evil-3-remake-image-2-header_feature.jpg

After the huge sucsess of the re-make of Resident Evil 2, Capcom began working the reimagining of RE3: Nemesis. And now Capcom have announced the released date for this eagerly awaited HD remaster of the 3rd game in the original RE Trilogy that was first seen on the PS1 all those years ago.

Resident Evil 3 will be released on the PS4 on the 3rd April 2020, Also on X-Box and PC on the same date.

Official Announcement Trailer

In the words of Capcom employee Kellen:

Taking a trip back to Raccoon City won’t be a walk in the park, of course. The city is in the throes of an outbreak, with the shuffling undead wandering the streets and the urban jungle becoming a tangle of overturned cars and crumbling buildings. Picturesque, isn’t it? It’s against this backdrop that Jill Valentine prepares to make her escape, though there’s a bit of a twist in the timeline for those of you who aren’t familiar with the original. If you played Resident Evil 2 earlier this year, you may know that Leon and Claire arrived in the city on September 29th. Jill’s story, however, starts a few days earlier. As an accomplished member of S.T.A.R.S. and a survivor of the incident in the Arklay Mountains (the site of the original Resident Evil), Jill has some experience with the horrors that await.

re3 -1.jpg

Just like the remake of Resident Evil 2 earlier this year, you’re in for a new viewpoint as you explore Raccoon City, with an over the shoulder camera placing you right in the thick of the action as you navigate abandoned streets and iconic locations. Escaping the city won’t be easy, though; the undead still roam the desolate landscape, and there’s a much larger problem looming in the shadows.

If you thought Tyrant (aka “Mr. X”) was terrifying, you’re in for a whole new level of terror when Nemesis comes to town. Made with one purpose in mind, Nemesis will stop at nothing to eliminate every last member of the S.T.A.R.S. team … and that means eliminating Jill before she can escape. More intelligent and, perhaps, more vicious than Tyrant, Nemesis can arm itself with weapons, like the iconic rocket launcher, or simply crush whatever stands between it and its mission. As if that isn’t enough, Jill will have to contend with the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service, or U.B.C.S., a private military force run by the very company that sparked the outbreak.

re3 - 2.jpg

Despite seeming to be walled in from all sides, there are still some friendly faces scattered throughout the city. Carlos Oliveira , a member of U.B.C.S., is doing his best to assist any survivors he finds – and that includes Jill.

Together, both Jill and Carlos will need to navigate a deadly cityscape if they hope to make it out alive. In true survival horror fashion, you’ll need to watch your health, take careful stock of the ammo and items you use, and manage your inventory carefully if you want to make it out in one piece.

As with Resident Evil 7 biohazard, Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5, the RE Engine is being utilized to bring incredibly lifelike performances to the game. Actors, clothing, and even various items in the environment are captured using photogrammetry to bring the world of Resident Evil to life, right down to the last detail.

re3 - 4.jpg

Included with Resident Evil 3 is the asymmetrical 4 vs. 1 co-op game, Resident Evil Resistance, which was initially unveiled earlier this year as Project Resistance. Set against the backdrop of the Resident Evil universe, you’ll be able to assume the role of a Mastermind – one of several, including Annette Birkin from Resident Evil 2 – and carry out a series of deadly experiments on a group of unfortunate Survivors.

Utilizing a deck of cards, you’ll set traps, place various creatures like Cerberus (zombie dogs) and Lickers, and even assemble camera-mounted weapons to defeat the Survivors before they can escape. If you prefer to be more hands-on, you can take direct control of iconic enemies, including Tyrant and G Birkin from Resident Evil 2. Meanwhile, the team of four Survivors are racing against the clock. If time runs out, so does their chance to escape. As Survivors, you’ll need to band together and make the most of your weapons and skills if you want to stand a chance of making it out alive.

re3 -r1.jpg

North American players will also be able to purchase a special Resident Evil 3 Collector’s Edition, available exclusively at GameStop! This package contains a physical copy of Resident Evil 3, a high quality Jill Valentine figure (similar to the Leon figure from Resident Evil 2), a hardcover art book, a double-sided poster featuring a map of Raccoon City, and a digital Resident Evil 3 soundtrack.

re3 gs1.jpg

All standard and Collector’s Edition pre-orders of Resident Evil 3 (at participating retailers) will also receive an exclusive Classic Costume Pack that features Jill Valentine’s original outfit as well as Carlos Oliveira’s original hairstyle – perfect if you want to get into that 90s vibe as you play.​

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    ElGris, Peppe90 and Louay like this.
  2. 1,877
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Correction its a Remake, not a Remaster

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Peppe90 likes this.
  3. 3,059
    Cypher_CG89

What...? Oh wtf.... why the hell did I type remaster lol... no idea why lol.

Its not like they just ran the OG game through series of digital filter's then remastered the vid sences lol.

4. 1,877
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Fair enough mate, but to be honest i was ready to shoot some ammo, i hate when someone mentions Remakes are Remasters, but ill let that slide

But jokes aside, i am looking forward to this one, it has been a while since i played the Originals 2 and 3, so its a great opportunity to revisit the 3rd as well, with so many games I have on my PS4, i didn't even had the opportunity to touch the 2nd one, still need to finish Sekiro, which is taking longer than expected "because casual lol" and Death Stranding and others, definitely will be picking it up once it releases

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

5. 82
    krHACKen

krHACKen Developer

SSSSTAAAAARRRSSSssss

6. 3,059
    Cypher_CG89

Re-make's are different to re-masters in big ways. I note I said remaster in some of the other threads I did on the re-makes of RE game's, even though I fully know the difference lol.

A remaster is usually just visual updates > graphics improvements, cut scene's etc... prime example is RE4 was "remastered" in HD from PS2 to PS3 and PS4. but the core of the game is the same as the OG.

A remake is the game re-built from the ground up> new engine, graphics, gameplay, physics etc which RE2 and 3 have been. They run the same game engine as RE7, DMC5 etc> RE Engine.

Yeah defo looking forward to it, though I will probs get it for PC. RE2 using the FPS mod on PC gave the game an extra something to it. One of the reasons I like RE7 was that it was FPS style. So I am hoping for an RE3 FPS mod as well.

I don't mind 3rd person games its just nice to play the game from a different perspective lol, adds a bit more depth.

7. 3,059
    Cypher_CG89

I hope they re-did the scene in the Police Station where you think your alone then Nemesis come's crashing through the wall when you least expect it and start chasing you. That scene scared the crap outa me the first time I played the OG RE3 on PS1 as a kid... proper jump scare moment... I ran straight into the save room LOL....

krHACKen likes this.
  8. 50
    ElGris

ElGris Member

My favorite game of all time. I can't wait to play it, but damn they ruined Nemesis aspect a little. And from what I saw on the RE2 demo launched today, his voice is off in my opinion. I need to hear the OG Nemesis :apologetic:

I only hope a longer game, and full of awesome fights!