Rest in Peace Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Agoni212, Jan 26, 2020.

1. 562
    Agoni212

Agoni212 Member

He was a true legend when it comes to basketball, may he rest in peace Now, he died from helicopter crash.

Roxanne, ntodek and STLcardsWS like this.
  2. 9,674
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

aldostools, Roxanne and Agoni212 like this.
  3. 509
    Roxanne

Roxanne Moderator

Home Page:
    As I shared my thoughts yesterday on Twitter as well, I'm glad someone created an article, where people can share their thoughts and condolences in more than 280 characters.

As mentioned before, I never was such interested in Basketball but of course I heard about the impact Kobe did for this sport. Thankfully Kobe wasn't only famous for his Achievements in the NBA or for the Olympic National Team. We didn't lost one of the best Basketball players here, but also a great human, who was always helpful to other people. Kobe was also a "two-faced" human in a positive way. I mean I don't know if you know someone who plays 20 years for a single Team/Franchise (this is already impressive when today Teams and other Clubs pays Millions and Millions for a sportsman) and winning an Oscar after his career by telling you his "Love Story" to his sport he liked to play for those many years. This hurts even more when losing such a great human.

I would also like to share some thoughts to his Daughter Gianna. Not only that she was only 13 years old which is already very sad, but also the fact that this Sport and Womens sports as well is losing a big talent in Womens Basketball. No one can imagine how hard it has to be when you losing someone, who "just started in his/her life". It hurts in my heart when Gianna won't be able to grown up to an adult women, fall in love for her first time, experience her first kiss, getting married, have children or just playing Basketball with her Dad and her school team.

Basketball isn't that well known here in Germany like in the US for instance but Kobe already showed what a great sportsman he was when so many sportsman and -women sharing their thought across various sports. When I saw the News from today now, I recognize that this sports world lost a huge amount of great human yesterday, when referring to the other 7 victims including the pilot. My condolences goes to their family and their loved ones as well.

Rest in Piece Kobe and Gianna. You both didn't changed only the Game of Basketball, you changed the whole world with your smile and charm. The World in Sports won't be the same again without you!

RIP Kobe Gianna.jpg

Agoni212 and STLcardsWS like this.
  4. 9,674
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

victims.png

Rest In Peace

5. 509
    Roxanne

Roxanne Moderator

Home Page:
    For those who are wondering, the Studio and Producers behind "Dear Basketball" were of course devastated about the latest news from the Death of Kobe and Gianna, so they agreed to make this wonderful Short Movie available for everyone!

https://dearbasketball.com/

STLcardsWS likes this.