PSP RetroArch 1.2.2 - PSP / Wii / Gamecube / Windows and Android

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by STLcardsWS, Jul 19, 2015.

By STLcardsWS on Jul 19, 2015 at 12:23 PM
  1. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

The latest version of RetroArch has been released with v.1.2.2 coming out for the PSP / Wii / Gamecube / Windows and Android systems. Some platforms are still awaiting a new stable release such as the PlayStation 3, iOS, Blackberry 10, and the original XBOX, which we should see those platforms roll out soon as well. Also the libretro developer's are calling for some PSP developer's capable of providing to the project, see these details and [break]ss[/break] and more in the release quote below from Squarepusher one of the lead developer's of the RetroArch project.

View additional info and details about RetroArch PSP in this link from the PSX-Place.com forums.

54074d1392693534-retroarch-psp.jpg

Downloads:
    via libretro.com - (Mirror PSP: Link)

Source: Libretro.com & libretro (Twitter)

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by STLcardsWS, Jul 19, 2015.

1. psykosis
      psykosis
      ::waits for the ps3 release::::

well at least this time is psx related.... (PSP)
    2. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
    3. psykosis
      psykosis
      That will be the exciting part of the release. I've been anticipating the GUI update since 1.0.0.0 announced they were working on new frontends to replace the functional, semi-dos window looking one.

Biggest request from one of my closest friends was a better frontend on it for his home arcade console setup. he's got a 50" flatpanel, and those injustice pads hooked up to it, so it looks like a real arcade machine.

I should also mention that retroarch is an amazing product, update or not. I tend to be more vocal about the things that bother me. I'm working more on praising the good to balance, lol.
      Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    4. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      RetroXMB (ps3 xmb) is a great front end :) ..
    5. psykosis
      psykosis
      I like it...but its not....like retroarch.
      I have 5k+ titles on retro, and configuring them one by one wasn't my dig ;x
    6. Phil
      Phil
      Dont suppose an emulation of n64 will be possible on the ps3 with the next build release
    7. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Highly unlikely.
    8. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      From what I understand the PS3 needs some serious work to get it working with the dynarec. What the devs said was we needed one. It finally got implemented and it only enabled PS1 emulation which was worse then what Sony provided and hindered the PSP emulation from Sony. I guess with the PPC architecture the EMU's need a total overhaul and rewritten due to the way the dynarec works and a straight port just isn't possible. The devs behind the amazing N64 EMU for the Wii tried but seem to have given up. Weird how hard it is the emulate the N64 even with a modern PC.

Edit

Dug up the last time bit of info about it and coming to retroarch.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015