RetroArch developers announced that beta release for PS3 and PS Vita/PSTV is here:
Today we are releasing a beta version of RetroArch 1.3.6+ (latest snapshot, release candidate for 1.3.7) for the Playstation3 and PS Vita. Be sure to thank frangarcj for the latter since he went through the trouble of making sure we could make the jump from Rejuvenate to HENKaku in swift order.
PlayStation Vita/PS TV
How to install:
1. Extract the contents of this 7zip archive to a folder somewhere on your PC. This will extract a bunch of vpk files to your harddrive.
2. On the PS Vita/PS TV, make sure the HENkaku exploit has already been installed. Go to the bubble ‘molecularShell’ and start it. Once inside the filebrowser, press ‘Select’ to start the FTP server. Write down the FTP server address you see here.
3. Go back to your desktop PC, start up an FTP client, and input the IP address and port that was displayed on your PS Vita/PS TV. Transfer the vpk files to some place on either ur0: (internal storage) or ux0: (this being your Memory Card).
4. On the PS Vita/PS TV, press circle to go back. Then once back inside the filebrowser, go to the directory where you extracted the vpk files. Install the cores you want.
5. Exit the ‘molecularShell’ program. You should now be back inside the home screen. From here,
RetroArch bubbles should start appearing in the menu. You can now use RetroArch.
How to install ROMs:
1. The same way you installed RetroArch. Start ‘molecularShell’, go through the previous section’s steps 2 and 3 again, but this time transfer roms over instead. Then load them from RetroArch.
NXEngine/Cave Story running on RetroArch Vita.
State of the port:
* (Core-related) CatSFC / SNES. Works fine. Should run at fullspeed for most games (dip to 42fps on Yoshi’s Island intro screen (SuperFX2 game), seems to be fullspeed otherwise).
* (Core-related) FB Alpha CPS1. Works fine. Fullspeed. Runs all games. Use an older FBA romset.
* (Core-related) FB Alpha CPS2. Works fine. Fullspeed. Runs all the big CPS2 ROMs. Use an older FBA romset.
* (Core-related) FB Alpha Neo Geo. Works fine. Fullspeed. Not all big ROMs will work right now though. KOF 96 could be loaded (about 23/24MB). Might have to play around with heap to be able to get bigger ROMs to load. For now expect same size limitations as the Wii port. Hopefully we can get past this soon.
* (Core-related) FCEUmm. Works fine. Fullspeed.
* (Core-related) Genesis Plus GX. Works fine. Fullspeed.
* (Core-related) Mednafen Neo Geo Pocket Color. Works fine. Framerate at around 52/53fps. There might be a new Neo Geo Pocket Color core coming soon (not Mednafen NGP) which would run at fullspeed with no problems.
* (Core-related) Handy / Lynx. Works fine. Fullspeed.
* (Core-related) Mednafen Wonderswan. Works fine. Fullspeed.
* (Core-related) Mednafen Virtual Boy. Works. Too slow (around 26fps). Corrupted pitch (likely due to 32bit color). Speedups/idle loop optimization hacks MIGHT bring this fullspeed later on.
* (Core-related) NXEngine / Cave Story. Works fine. Fullspeed.
What doesn’t work:
* ROMS have to be currently unzipped now (EXCEPT for the FB Alpha ROMs).
* No core switching yet from inside RetroArch. For now, each core is a standalone program.
* Add Content -> Download Content currently doesn’t work. If you do try it, you might have to restart.
* History list doesn’t work yet.
* Save states can be saved, but cannot be loaded yet. We need to figure out why.
* Threading needs to be still implemented.
* (Core-related) 2048 core. ‘Start content’ does not work yet like it should. Wait until we fix this.
* (core-related) Prboom/Doom core. Crashes after loading a Doom WAD. Wait until we fix this.
* (Core-related) Picodrive core. Crashes after loading a ROM. Wait until we fix this.
* (Core-related) QuickNES core. Doesn’t load a ROM. Wait until we fix this.
* (Core-related) Gambatte core. Doesn’t load a ROM. Wait until we fix this.
* (Core-related) SNES9x Next core. Doesn’t load a ROM. Wait until we fix this. Will likely be too slow compared to CatSFC anyway, so not sure if worth it for Vita.
* (Core-related) DOSBox core. Haven’t tried this yet. Likely too slow to be worthwhile.
* More cores, fix remaining cores that are broken.
* Try to get Cg runtime working so we can have Cg shaders running.
* Try to get multiple gamepads working on PS TV.
Thanks to PSGL, the PlayStation3 driver can use the XMB menu driver using the OpenGL rendering backend. The simplified ribbon should be running properly in the background too.
The PlayStation 3 port is back after it was decommissioned for a long time.
@Ezio should be uploading the CEX/DEX versions shortly, after which they will be posted on xbins as well.
What doesn’t work yet:
This version can be considered a beta release. Here are the current issues:
- You cannot scan for content as of right now. Instead, for now you should just load content directly from the filesystem.
- To be able to use zipped ROMs on emulators like SNES9x and other similar emulators, always use ‘Open Archive As Folder’, then select the ROM you want to use. Don’t use ‘Load Archive With Core’ which won’t work for now.
- If you go to ‘Information’ -> ‘Core Information’, it currently doesn’t show anything. Not a big deal for now but something we will want to fix later on regardless.
- None of the ‘downloading’ features right now will work in the PS3 port. Our networking stack code for PS3 apparently requires some customizations still. If there are any PS3 devs who can help with this, by all means.
A sneak peek at 1.3.7 features
Since this is a current nightly snapshot release, PS3 and Vita users are able to get a sneak peek at some of the features that will be part of RetroArch 1.3.7 for the other platforms.
- Improved error handling. When loading the wrong ROM into a core, most cores should be able to now gracefully exit instead of just quitting or crashing RetroArch.
- Much more complete info message system. Press ‘Select’ on any entry and 99% of the time it should show you a handy help message explaining to you what each setting does. The ‘English’ language setting is currently the one that is most complete, for all other languages we need to wait until translators have finished adding all the help messages in their own language.
Download Vita/PSTV: Official link
Download PS3: Cex / Dex / ODE
PlayStation News RetroArch 1.3.6+ beta release for PlayStation3 and PS Vita HENkaku!
By kozarovv on Aug 3, 2016 at 10:03 AM
BGFTP v1.0 (by GrapheneCt): Background FTP server for transfering file to your VitaDeveloper GrapheneCt has released BGFTP, is a new FTP server that works in the background. It does not matter if your in-game or sleep mode or hanging around the Live Area, The FTP transfers are always working while the developer says this will not impact any performance of the running task, but does add a warning that transfer can be slowed down since they are running on Reserved System Cores and will be knocked to low priority on those reserves, but nonetheless a great way to transfer files from your PC (or other devices servicing as a FTP server) to either your homebrew enabled PS Vita or the PlayStation TV (aka vita tv).Continue reading
The Power Supply (Vol. 02) - Our Guest Today: "PS4 Developer @m0rph3us1987"With the very first introduction of our new Series of Developer Interviews - as known by "The Power Supply" - you were already allowed to dabble a little bit with Volume 01 of the series, where you got a deep look into the work from well-known Developer @deank he did for this scene. While he worked mainly for the PS3 Community, we thought it would be only fair to bring you a PS4 Developer with Volume 02 of this Interview Series today. This Developer maybe don't have the same long reputation as deank have since he began to tinker with the PS4 as his very first Sony Console. But this doesn't mean that he isn't worth to ask some questions. We covered his Achievements already in the past here in this Forum, especially when we provided you our yearly Overview about the CCC Events held in Germany. In fact, you should be familiar with him and his Lecture he held back at 35C3. So please give an warm welcome to m0rph3us1987, while in his Interview, we will talk about his Lecture he held, we will learn how he sees the current situation in "PS4 Development and Hacking" and we will get an deep insight how he began to learn writing some code in his young age. So allow us to introduce him further.Continue reading
RetroArch (PS4) R3 Released: New libretro Cores Added (Dramcaset / Jaguar / ScummVM /) + Source CodeFollowing the initial release of R1 and the followup of R2, developer @OsirisX has just released R3 for the PS4 Port of RetroArch with new core being added, various bug fixes to go along and also a release of the promised source code is included as well.. The new update provides ps4 support for Flycast (Sega Dreamcast), Bettle PSX, Virtual Jaguar, ScummVM, Stella-2014 (Atari 2600), Vectrex and SameBoy are the new cores included (emulation like dreamcast is experimental and many games have speed issues) in this release This update is based on RetroArch v1.8.4 and the Core Updater has been enabled, multi-controller Support has been added (up to 4 can be used), previous R1/R2 only one controller was supported. Also some cores that need have added support for keyboard and mouse controls. This port has evolve quite nicely and should be even better with now the source code release and likely will becomes part of the official release as this is still considered an "unofficial" port, but likely to become the official port.
Also the developer has created a Core Updater, which provides another method to update the cores. It help keeps the main pkg lite and you can also download indvidual cores via RetroArch itself as that bug of downloading cores has been fixed. See all the latest details below pertaining to the R3 release.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: