The libretro team has released a new update the PS3 port of RetroArch, supplying a DEX version for Custom Firmware users, ps3 dev & libretro Contributor @Ezio follows up that release with a CEX version and also a ODE version for user's who may be using one of the Opical Disc Emulators (ODE). This update comes equipped with the missing cores from v1.6.0 and this might be the first release for the PS3 to contain the o2em core, which is a simple Odyssey 2 & Videopac+ emulator for those wondering. but Ezio_PS does confirm the Atari ProSystem emulator is now fully working once again and for those who have been awaiting a fix to Neo Geo Pocket there is very good news about that core on the horizon View all the details and downloads available for Custom Firmware (CEX & DEX) and Optical Disc Emulator (aka ODE) versions of the popular multi-system emulator that now contains 27 libretro cores. (note: neo-geo pocket has incoming fix as Ezio explians).
RetroArch 1.6.3 (PS3)
General changelog (All Platforms)
- IOS: Fix GL regression – 32bit color format cores were no longer rendering
- CHEEVOS: Add support for N64 cheevos and other small fixes.
- CHEEVOS: Add ‘Achievements -> Achievements Verbose Mode’. Ability to display cheevos related messages in OSD, useful for RetroAchievements users.
- AUDIO: Audio mixer’s volume can now be independently increased/decreased, and muted.
- AUDIO: Mute now no longer disables/enables audio but instead properly mutes the audio volume. Mute is also independent from the audio mixer volume.
- INPUT: Add mouse index selection; ability now to select between different mice
- INPUT: Fix ‘All Users Control Menu’ setting
- LINUX: Add a tinyalsa audio driver. Doesn’t require asoundlib, should be self-contained and lower-level.
- LOBBIES: Announce the RetroArch version too
- LOCALIZATION: Add Traditional Chinese translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update French translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation
- MENU: Add ‘User Interface -> Views’. Ability to display/hide online updater and core updater options.
- NETPLAY: Disconnecting one client shouldn’t cause everyone to disconnect anymore
- NETWORK: SSL/TLS support, disabled by default
- SCANNER: Fix PS1 game scanning
- SCANNER: Move content list builder into scanner task with progress, fixes menu freeze with large playlists
- SDL2: Fix ‘SDL2 driver does not see the hat on wired Xbox 360 controller”
- SETTINGS: Fix regression ‘Custom Viewport is no longer overridable per-core or per-game’
- VITA: Add cheevos support
- VITA: Add support for external USB if mounted
- WAYLAND: Fix menu mouse input
- WII: Add support for single-port ‘PS1/PS2 to USB controller adapter’
- We have posted a DEX version. We hope that separate community members can convert this to CEX and then offer it to us so we can host it. (UPDATE see next TAB in article for CEX & ODE version)
This version is better than 1.6.0 since prosystem core works again fully.
Recently (about 2 days ago) ngp core has been fixed and it is again working on ps3 after several years. Latest time i saw it working was on RA 220.127.116.11 if i remember good. Anyway i'll build a little pkg including the fixed core in the next days, so ps3 users can enjoy again with it.
Included Cores: (much improved from version 1.6.0)
- RetroArch 1.6.3 (CFW-CEX ) - - -> (UPDATE - NEO GEO Pocket Core Fix >> Link)
- RetroArch 1.6.3 (CFW-DEX ) - - -> (UPDATE - NEO GEO Pocket Core Fix >> Link)
- Retroarch 1.6.3 (ODE)
UPDATE 2: Here is a more current version with additional fixes
PS3 RetroArch 1.6.3 - Improved PS3 Release from libretro
By STLcardsWS on Aug 4, 2017 at 6:40 PM
[UPDATE] PS3HEN v2.1.1 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW modelsUPDATE (5-20-2019): Version 2.1.1 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
Here is v2 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 2.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
Trinity Exploit for PS Vita System Firmwares 3.69 & 3.70 released by TheFloW!Following up after the Announcement from @TheFloW back at the End of March this year, today @TheFloW "let the cat out of the bag" by releasing his newest Jailbreak for the PlayStation Vita, which will allow you to jailbreak both your PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV even on the newest System Firmwares 3.69 and 3.70 (which weren't able to jailbreak before). But not only that. While you can jailbreak your Devices on the specific System Firmwares mentioned before, you can also Downgrade your PlayStation Vita / TV to a lower Firmware to get the full potential of your Device like with the famous Hacks and Exploits on System Firmware 3.60 (such as HENkaku and modoru) and 3.65/3.67/3.68 (such as h-encore). So while you have been probably already prepared for this release back at the first announcement, together with the fact that @TheFloW was so kind to release his final Jailbreak even earlier as previous announced, we won't keep you on tenterhooks anymore. Here is everything you need to know.
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - March 2019 Progress Report - Native support for DualShock 3 ControllerMonth after Month, the Great Time behind the RPCS3 PS3 Emulator shows more and more improvements in their work for their PS3 Emulator. As they did of course for March 2019, which you can check at their newest Progress Report. In fact, maybe this month is a little bit too technical when reading through their Release Notes but don't worry. You will again realize how good this PS3 Emulator became and how it is getting even better month after month. But one new improvement we have to stick out is the new Native Support for the DualShock 3 Controller when used within RPCS3. You might be wondering, why this new implementation comes so late? Well, there was already a full of third-party drivers but each of them weren't working perfectly. But the Team behind RPCS3 wanted to give you the best experience for playing your PS3 Game Titles. So, since you probably played your PS3 Games Titles with the Original DualShock 3 Controller on your Original PS3 Hardware, they thought about to allow the same on your PC while playing your favourite PS3 Game Titles using RPCS3. So they implemented a native support for the DualShock 3 Controller, as you would use it on your original PS3 Hardware. Kinda neat isn't it?Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: