Retroarch Issues HELP

Discussion in 'RetroArch' started by Wyoung123, Jul 20, 2019.

1. 3
    Wyoung123

Wyoung123 Forum Noob

Long story short- I installed retroarch, ripped a .gba game and created folder in dev/hdd0/ROMS - put roms in and nothing shows when I try to load content and yes I had VGBA core selected. Transfered the file to usb load content from usb000- file loads perfectly- WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? Why are the files not showing in retroarch dev/hdd0/ROMS? When I go to root in multiman the gba files are in there and I click and it says i need the latest VGBA emulator???

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  2. 239
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Maybe try one of the older versions of Retroarch available on brewology. I had all sorts of problems with 1.7.7, it detected the roms on my USB and launched each one fine the first time. Then after closing retroarch and going back in, it would completely freeze my system if I went to try loading games from the USB again lmao. I'm using v0.9.9 now and I haven't had any problems with it, honestly kinda prefer the older UI as well.

I have the same problem with multiman as well. It detects the roms on the retro tab but says I need the latest version of SNES9X / VGBA etc. Not sure how to solve that.

3. 3
    Wyoung123

Wyoung123 Forum Noob

Thanks I'll give that older version a shot. Not sure why retroarch is so finicky

4. 3
    Wyoung123

Wyoung123 Forum Noob

Id like to keep the current GUI format as I want to spice it up a bit.... Any one else know why this would be acting like this??

Major_Pothead92 likes this.