The PS4 Homebrew Landscape is in better shape at the start of 2019, as we have seen a number of PS4 Homebrew Releases (Check out our PS4 Homebrew DL's). Along with, one of the most anticipated upcoming homebrew was recently announced and has been in development with RetroArch (PS4). RetroArch (PS2) has also been in development (by @fjtrujy) and this is important to the PS4 as well because of the PS2 Classic emulator that is unlocked on exploited PS4 Console (latest exploited firmware 5.05 currently) as the preview port of RetroArch PS2 can be played on your exploited PS4 as we have been seeing various pkgs of PS2 Homebrew for the PS4 being prepare and one of those persons has been scene friend @Markus95 who first confirmed and has now decided to release prepared pkgs for the PS4. Since the PS2 port is a preview edition there is only 2 libretro cores (aka emulators), those core being QuickNES which is a Nintendo NES / Famicom emulator and then 2048 is a homebrew puzzle game. As the PS2 port matures we could see additional cores trickle down (wink ) and as development also on the PS4 port we should see some amazing emulation possibilities on the PS4. Its not a matter of If now but when..... With that said, lets respect all the hard working developers and not pester them, they have shared progress and previews. We can't ask for anymore for something that is being given to us.
Also note that the RetroArch (PS2) port is playable on PS3 HAN (CFW you have a Native RetroArch PS3 port). Wonder if anyone is going to create some pre-made PS3 HAN packages? (Update - A PS3 HAN pkg for 2048 has been made. link)
There is little libretro team published 2 cores (2048 and quickNES) for PS2, they allow to enjoy
- 2048, a video game type puzzle designed in March 2014 by the Italian independent developer Gabriele Cirulli
- quickNES, a NES emulator.After this publication I had fun testing these 2 cores on PS4 and it turned out that they are both functional thanks to the PS2 emulator PS4.
We all know that the team Libretro is working right now on RetroArch for PS4, that's why I did not want to publish these 2 cores PS2 adapted for PS4, but after several requests on Twitter and by MP, I decided to finally make public.
I still specify that these 2cores will be very quickly obsolete (not to say that they are already) between 2048 which has no interest for me and quickNES which is only a PS2 version while an emulator Native NES for PS4 already exists, so I did not see the need to publish these versions PS2, finally if it can please ...
You will find in the attached archive 3 pkgs:
- - RetroArch_2048_ (PS2)
- - RetroArch_NES
- - Roms_NES_Installer
How to create your Fpkg with your roms:
- Decompile Roms_NES_Installer.pkg with FAKE_PKG_Generator
- In the folder Image / recover disc01.iso file
- Open this disc01.iso file with CDGenPS2 v3
- You will find a ROMS file
- Place ALL your roms in this folder
- Then create the iso that you rename well disc01.iso
- Rebuild the Fpkg with the new disc01.iso file including your own roms with the same password ( 00000000000000000000000000000000). This is very important otherwise you will have a save error and your roms will be erased when launching the emulator ...
Installation tutorial: (only to be done once (first quote))
- Once your Fpkg created with your NES roms , install it on your PS4 with the Debug setting like any FpkgLaunch the NES emulator:
- Once installed, launch NES Roms Installer on your PS4.
- In the menu go to Cdfs: /
- Then in the ROMS folder
- Check all your Roma by pressing cross on each of them
- Once all your selected roms do R1 and "Copy"
- Go back to the main menu and go to MC0: / or MC1: / then make R1 and "paste"
- Your roms will be copied in this folder MC0 or MC1
- Exit the application
- This is only to be done once ... once your roms copied, no need to do it again ...
- - Return to the debug setting and only now install the Fpkg RetroArch_NES.pkg
- - Answer YES to the question
- - Then launch RetroArch NES (PS2)
- - Load Content, select MC0 or MC1 then your rom
- - To play...
PS4 RetroArch (PS2) for PS4 - Play QuickNES & 2048 on your hacked PS4
By STLcardsWS on Jan 23, 2019 at 7:24 PM
Wild Gunman Remake (35th Anniversary Edition) by Lapy GamesFollowing the release of Duck Hunt Remake (35th anniversary edition) developer Lapy05575948
of Lapy Games has developed another remake for another classic and this time around the zapper victim is the iconic Wild Gunman. The new Wild Gunman Remake is another great game to come to an exploited PS4 console near you but not only has the developer released a PS4 version but also includes a PS Vita port as well that is of course compatiable with those PlayStation TV's that Sony dismissed or gave the scene as a gift, we have never quite figured that out, either way Lapy is bringing us another great title for our enjoyment. The developer followed version v1.00 of Wild Gunman Remake with v1.01 that has given us the "game B" mode and plans for the "game C" mode as well. So stay tuned as we could see a new update from Lapy in the future. Also checkout some of Lapy's other projects for an exploited PS4 that is seeing a growing library of brew being tapped!!!Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.23 (by Aldostools) - Improving the Ps3HEN experience & moreCheck it out more PS3 Homebrew, this time around developer @aldostools is back with some updates to webMAN MOD improving the plugin experience for both CFW and Ps3HEN user;s in the latest update labeled as version v1.47.23. In this update there has been a fix to some blackscreen issues on homebrew that was being launched during the Content Scanning process, Also keys have been fixed and adjusted for Ps3HEN for the add-on pkg/rom launcher feature of wMM. The webMAN MOD installer and updater has new and updated detection mechanism in place for Ps3HEN. These are just some of the new features in this update but the developer has been busy with several updates in the recent, so be sure to checkout the previous changelogs if you have not been keeping up to date on this PS3 Plugin that is a must have for many Ps3 Owner's on either Custom firmware or Ps3HEN.Continue reading
HEN Toolbox v1.00 (by DeViL303) - Adds a ton of functionality to your PS3 XMB on PS3HENFirst we had the HAN Toolbox for the now dated HAN exploit (essentially replaced by Ps3HEN) but XMB modder and developer @DeViL303 has another project in store for Ps3HEN user's and that project is the newly released HEN Toolbox that contains alot of functionality and features directly to your XMB for convenience and easy execution, The developer did not leave many details about toolbox itself (thanks to all whom do not read, rest of us suffer for info ;p ) but @DeViL303 does provide a video showing off many of the features and functionality found in this new toolbox for Ps3HEN's user's XMB with this impressive XMB modification. Also, Ps3HEN user's If you have not seen the recent HENbrew Store released as well for Ps3HEN user's by @ShaolinAssassin then be sure to check that out for many Ps3HEN friendly releases.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
Boots to "APPS". Art can be 320x480 (exactly 1/2 screen). Theme for CoverArt lovers -UniqueUserName