The PS4 Homebrew Landscape is in better shape at the start of 2019, as we have seen a number of PS4 Homebrew Releases (Check out our PS4 Homebrew DL's). Along with, one of the most anticipated upcoming homebrew was recently announced and has been in development with RetroArch (PS4). RetroArch (PS2) has also been in development (by @fjtrujy) and this is important to the PS4 as well because of the PS2 Classic emulator that is unlocked on exploited PS4 Console (latest exploited firmware 5.05 currently) as the preview port of RetroArch PS2 can be played on your exploited PS4 as we have been seeing various pkgs of PS2 Homebrew for the PS4 being prepare and one of those persons has been scene friend @Markus95 who first confirmed and has now decided to release prepared pkgs for the PS4. Since the PS2 port is a preview edition there is only 2 libretro cores (aka emulators), those core being QuickNES which is a Nintendo NES / Famicom emulator and then 2048 is a homebrew puzzle game. As the PS2 port matures we could see additional cores trickle down (wink ) and as development also on the PS4 port we should see some amazing emulation possibilities on the PS4. Its not a matter of If now but when..... With that said, lets respect all the hard working developers and not pester them, they have shared progress and previews. We can't ask for anymore for something that is being given to us.
Also note that the RetroArch (PS2) port is playable on PS3 HAN (CFW you have a Native RetroArch PS3 port). Wonder if anyone is going to create some pre-made PS3 HAN packages? (Update - A PS3 HAN pkg for 2048 has been made. link)
There is little libretro team published 2 cores (2048 and quickNES) for PS2, they allow to enjoy
- 2048, a video game type puzzle designed in March 2014 by the Italian independent developer Gabriele Cirulli
- quickNES, a NES emulator.After this publication I had fun testing these 2 cores on PS4 and it turned out that they are both functional thanks to the PS2 emulator PS4.
We all know that the team Libretro is working right now on RetroArch for PS4, that's why I did not want to publish these 2 cores PS2 adapted for PS4, but after several requests on Twitter and by MP, I decided to finally make public.
I still specify that these 2cores will be very quickly obsolete (not to say that they are already) between 2048 which has no interest for me and quickNES which is only a PS2 version while an emulator Native NES for PS4 already exists, so I did not see the need to publish these versions PS2, finally if it can please ...
You will find in the attached archive 3 pkgs:
- - RetroArch_2048_ (PS2)
- - RetroArch_NES
- - Roms_NES_Installer
How to create your Fpkg with your roms:
- Decompile Roms_NES_Installer.pkg with FAKE_PKG_Generator
- In the folder Image / recover disc01.iso file
- Open this disc01.iso file with CDGenPS2 v3
- You will find a ROMS file
- Place ALL your roms in this folder
- Then create the iso that you rename well disc01.iso
- Rebuild the Fpkg with the new disc01.iso file including your own roms with the same password ( 00000000000000000000000000000000). This is very important otherwise you will have a save error and your roms will be erased when launching the emulator ...
Installation tutorial: (only to be done once (first quote))
- Once your Fpkg created with your NES roms , install it on your PS4 with the Debug setting like any FpkgLaunch the NES emulator:
- Once installed, launch NES Roms Installer on your PS4.
- In the menu go to Cdfs: /
- Then in the ROMS folder
- Check all your Roma by pressing cross on each of them
- Once all your selected roms do R1 and "Copy"
- Go back to the main menu and go to MC0: / or MC1: / then make R1 and "paste"
- Your roms will be copied in this folder MC0 or MC1
- Exit the application
- This is only to be done once ... once your roms copied, no need to do it again ...
- - Return to the debug setting and only now install the Fpkg RetroArch_NES.pkg
- - Answer YES to the question
- - Then launch RetroArch NES (PS2)
- - Load Content, select MC0 or MC1 then your rom
- - To play...
PS4 RetroArch (PS2) for PS4 - Play QuickNES & 2048 on your hacked PS4
By STLcardsWS on Jan 23, 2019 at 7:24 PM
Universal Media Server v9.2.0 ReleasedUniversal Media Server has now been updated and matured to v9.2.0 by the UMS team, lead by developer Subunk. The UPnP / DLNA & HTTP/S Media server works on your PS Vita / PlayStation TV, PlayStation 3 (PS3) and PlayStation 4 (PS4) and a tons of other devices you may own (see tab below for all devices supported) This is an extremely well built project that has been in development for years now and continues to evolve and grow with the dedication from the UMS development team. This utility will run on many operating systems and will connect to your supported devices to stream your personal collections of media (audio/video) via your locally connected network. See many details included below and also at the UMS official website we have linked below:Continue reading
[UPDATE] RetroArch v1.8.4: PS Vita & PSP Ports "massively increased core collection"The RetroArch project keeps evolving and has been updated to v1.8.3 (UPDATE: Now on v1.8.4 [16th January 2020] - see Changelog for more Information) as a number of new improvements come to both the PS Vita & PSP ports. Developer's and libretro contributors from all over have been elevating the emulation project. In particular @frangar and @fjtrujy are coupe of the devs who have been porting new cores to the PSP. Now MAME 2000, freeIntv, TGB Dual and Handy are some new libretro cores running in the PSP port. Then the PS Vita port has seen performance improvements for MAME 2000, 2003 and 2003_plus. Additional details below and also on the official blog post linked below.
vitaQuakeIII v0.9 Released - Data Files Downloader Added + "Urban Terror" support addedRinnegatamante has released version 0.9 of VitaQuakeIII for your homebrew enabled PS Vita for when your on the go or your PlayStation TV / Vita TV when your gaming away on the big screen. Either way this is an enjoyable homebrew port. In this version marked as 0.9 the developer has added an Automatic Data FIle Downloader when data files are not present. This makes the release much easier to install and setup and a nice edition to the vita homebre. There has been alot of attention to performance as well in this update the addition of dynamic libraries support for OpenArena core has provided a significant boost. Also, this update provides some experimental support for Urban Terror. This add-on is multiplayer, but as the vita port developer explains in the release notes provided below there will be some issue as outlined due to this was a release designed for the PC and the Rinnegatamante had to do quite a bit of work to get it running on the Vita:Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- mail office