The PS4 Homebrew Landscape is in better shape at the start of 2019, as we have seen a number of PS4 Homebrew Releases (Check out our PS4 Homebrew DL's). Along with, one of the most anticipated upcoming homebrew was recently announced and has been in development with RetroArch (PS4). RetroArch (PS2) has also been in development (by @fjtrujy) and this is important to the PS4 as well because of the PS2 Classic emulator that is unlocked on exploited PS4 Console (latest exploited firmware 5.05 currently) as the preview port of RetroArch PS2 can be played on your exploited PS4 as we have been seeing various pkgs of PS2 Homebrew for the PS4 being prepare and one of those persons has been scene friend @Markus95 who first confirmed and has now decided to release prepared pkgs for the PS4. Since the PS2 port is a preview edition there is only 2 libretro cores (aka emulators), those core being QuickNES which is a Nintendo NES / Famicom emulator and then 2048 is a homebrew puzzle game. As the PS2 port matures we could see additional cores trickle down (wink ) and as development also on the PS4 port we should see some amazing emulation possibilities on the PS4. Its not a matter of If now but when..... With that said, lets respect all the hard working developers and not pester them, they have shared progress and previews. We can't ask for anymore for something that is being given to us.
Also note that the RetroArch (PS2) port is playable on PS3 HAN (CFW you have a Native RetroArch PS3 port). Wonder if anyone is going to create some pre-made PS3 HAN packages? (Update - A PS3 HAN pkg for 2048 has been made. link)
There is little libretro team published 2 cores (2048 and quickNES) for PS2, they allow to enjoy
- 2048, a video game type puzzle designed in March 2014 by the Italian independent developer Gabriele Cirulli
- quickNES, a NES emulator.After this publication I had fun testing these 2 cores on PS4 and it turned out that they are both functional thanks to the PS2 emulator PS4.
We all know that the team Libretro is working right now on RetroArch for PS4, that's why I did not want to publish these 2 cores PS2 adapted for PS4, but after several requests on Twitter and by MP, I decided to finally make public.
I still specify that these 2cores will be very quickly obsolete (not to say that they are already) between 2048 which has no interest for me and quickNES which is only a PS2 version while an emulator Native NES for PS4 already exists, so I did not see the need to publish these versions PS2, finally if it can please ...
You will find in the attached archive 3 pkgs:
- - RetroArch_2048_ (PS2)
- - RetroArch_NES
- - Roms_NES_Installer
How to create your Fpkg with your roms:
- Decompile Roms_NES_Installer.pkg with FAKE_PKG_Generator
- In the folder Image / recover disc01.iso file
- Open this disc01.iso file with CDGenPS2 v3
- You will find a ROMS file
- Place ALL your roms in this folder
- Then create the iso that you rename well disc01.iso
- Rebuild the Fpkg with the new disc01.iso file including your own roms with the same password ( 00000000000000000000000000000000). This is very important otherwise you will have a save error and your roms will be erased when launching the emulator ...
Installation tutorial: (only to be done once (first quote))
- Once your Fpkg created with your NES roms , install it on your PS4 with the Debug setting like any FpkgLaunch the NES emulator:
- Once installed, launch NES Roms Installer on your PS4.
- In the menu go to Cdfs: /
- Then in the ROMS folder
- Check all your Roma by pressing cross on each of them
- Once all your selected roms do R1 and "Copy"
- Go back to the main menu and go to MC0: / or MC1: / then make R1 and "paste"
- Your roms will be copied in this folder MC0 or MC1
- Exit the application
- This is only to be done once ... once your roms copied, no need to do it again ...
- - Return to the debug setting and only now install the Fpkg RetroArch_NES.pkg
- - Answer YES to the question
- - Then launch RetroArch NES (PS2)
- - Load Content, select MC0 or MC1 then your rom
- - To play...
PS4 RetroArch (PS2) for PS4 - Play QuickNES & 2048 on your hacked PS4
By STLcardsWS on Jan 23, 2019 at 7:24 PM
SEN Enabler v6.2.1 - Includes 4.84 Spoof to regain PSN AccessDeveloper @Evilnat was quick to provide a Spoofing solution for 4.83 (& lower) CFW user's who may be making the wise decision of staying on a lower firmware and not so quick to jump to a 4.84 CFW right away that does not have the various supplemental homebrew's and tools updated for 4.84 yet. If you want to stay on top of those release's be sure to checkout this thread in the forum. The Spoof in SEN Enabler allows for a lower firmware to connect to PSN, but also note that it could be a potential trigger for a PSN ban so be aware of that when spoofing. For more info about SEN Enabler you can always checkout the official release and support thread located here in the psx-place forums.Continue reading
4.84 OFW Released - Beware do not updatePlayStation 3 had an official firmware update released with the drop of system update 4.84. Below i provided a small chart for people on other firmwares and their hacks. Currently it unknown what prompted the update, could of been a simple maintenance update, which what appears to be the case on initial inspections. Could the update have something to do with PS Plus *Buy Games from PlayStation Store* ending on the service? Very well could be but that is speculation at this point. PSX-Place will keep you updated of all the changes this update brings. The update has not patched the recent StoreHaxx release which is not something most will use as its simply an IDPS dumper currently (w/ other potentials possiable). Even on 4.83 and looking to exploit, you may want to wait to update until devs in this thread mainly @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w give the okay.
Checkout this thread for FUTURE 4.84 releated released.
Save The Scene v1.1 (Homebrew Game) released by Lapy05575948Cuban developer Lapy05575948 (aka Lapy Games) following the first homebrew release for the PS4 which was a Flappy Bird Clone called Lapy's Chicken . Now the game creator follows that game up with another in yesterday's release with v1.0 of a new PS4 Homebrew Game titled "Save The Scene" and a quick update of v1.1 followed today (that decreased the difficulty that was set a bit high in v1.0). Under the hood the game is built with Unity 3d and is an original creation by the developer for the PS4 along with a Windows version that has been created.as well. The premise of this game surrounds around an evil entity attacking the scene and you must save some of these devs by stopping the bombs (by selecting the right button before the bomb falls) from exploding on their heads . If you prove your are the "chosen one" you may get a working exploit (in the game world lol). There is some enjoyable design elements to this title that were brought to the game by the developer (Lapy05575948) and Xalgovia. Plus for your listening pleasures in this title we can thank retrogamer74 for the sound affects. Included below is video footage/screenshots of this game in action. This PS4 Homebrew requires an exploited PS4 Console (on 5.05 FW) .Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- User Record:
- Latest Member: