PS3 RetroArch PS3: (Nightly 2016/10/06) - Adds New Cores, Netplay and other fixes

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 6, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 6, 2016 at 10:23 PM
  1. 8,727
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Developer @Ezio who has been playing a large part in helping maintain the PS3 version of RetroArch lately has introduced a new nightly version of the multi-system emulator. This update contains various improvements such as huge improvements to the ProSystem (Atari7800) Core as now all commercial roms are playable, Then a couple of new cores have been introduced with 2048 (Homebrew Game) & 81 (ZX Spectrum), plus NetPlay is working and can be seen on the main menu, This update is for CFW user's CEX & DEX builds are available and also Ezio has provided ODE user's with an updated build also.

RetroArch PS3.JPG

• New ps3 builds available (nightly 2016-10-06):

There's a bunch of improvements than the previous build, so here it's a changelog including some of them:
      • 2 new cores available, 2048 and 81
      • per core configs aren't longer supported (removed)
      • save override game and save override core are now on the main menu
      • utf-8 support for the language
      • better cfw compatibility
      • new feature 'remove from playlist'
      • new features 'hide tabs' and 'hide advanced settings'
      • renamed some cores such as snes9x and fbalpha
      • prosystem now supports all the commercial available roms
      • fixed savestates for snes9x2010
      • added downloads folder, it includes freeware and shareware contents: cave story, doom, quake
      • experimental ps3 ode build: savestates, savefiles, playlists, configs, bios, remaps now should work
      • netplay is now on the main menu and it's working: you can play online with a friend
      • Updated assets, cores, database, info files
      • updated some translations
      If you get troubles, you could need to delete your config file.

The update is recommended, enjoy.

Credits:

• Libretro developers team
      • Libretro and RetroArch contributors
      • Emu developers behind the cores

Downloads:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 6, 2016.

1. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      STLcardsWS and Ezio like this.
    2. kadorna2
      kadorna2
      Thanks a lot @Ezio, but

is a deal breaker. Gonna stay on the previous version
    3. Ezio
      Ezio
      There's "Save Core Overrides" and "Save Game Overrides" in the main menu in replacement of per-core configs.

This choice has been done 2 months ago because per-core configs created only issues and didn't work like expected. It affects all the platforms (so vita too), not only the ps3 port.
      Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
      citra mulia and STLcardsWS like this.
    4. Derf321
      Derf321
      What does this mean? Like core-specific controller mappings, rewind settings, and other settings are removed? Also, will this update break all previous save states?

Also huge thanks, man! I love seeing new updates on core apps, thanks for contributing :)
    5. Ezio
      Ezio
      For example controller mappings are now saved using 'Save Core Overrides' in replacement of per core configs.

No idea if it breaks previous saved mapping configs, it could be. Previous savestates and savefiles instead should work fine.
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    6. Derf321
      Derf321
      Gotcha. Thanks for the reply! I'll give it a spin tonight :)
    7. Drag
      Drag
      Hello guys, thanks @Ezio and involved.
      Does anyone know if there is a NEO GEO CD emulator for ps3?
    8. Lordjontan
      Lordjontan
      zipped roms don't work
      kozarovv likes this.
    9. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Which core? Some are not supporting zip roms.
    10. Lordjontan
      Lordjontan
      Snes core, but uncompressed roms works very well, 60fps on Special chip games
      kozarovv likes this.
    11. kozarovv
      kozarovv
    12. Lordjontan
      Lordjontan
      I see. Again, congratulations to developers, Snes roms works almost perfectly (I found some graphics glitch on Top Gear 3000)
      kozarovv likes this.
    13. Zoilus
      Zoilus
      Can I have both the old v1.0.2 retroarch installed AND this one too? Since they're different apps anyways and you can only run one at a time I figure you can but I want to make sure they're are no conflicts .

I want to try it out....but honestly the old one works just fine with snes, genesis, sega cd, nes...etc..so what real advantages are there in this one over the old 1.0.2 one aside from being prettier and the gui?
    14. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      No as they have the same title ID is short answer. But there is a possibility you can change the ID of one installation to have them both
      Zoilus and STLcardsWS like this.
    15. zOi
      zOi
      Hello guys, thanks @Ezio and involved.

someone KNOWS WHEN Is Launched A version stealth?
    16. complexusername
      complexusername
      Has anyone tried netplay? I'd love to see how well it works but I need some competition!
      Verzantgray and STLcardsWS like this.
    17. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      I have not quite yet, I was curious myself.
      Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    18. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      See @Berion you're not the only one that has trouble with English and he's American [emoji14]
      kozarovv likes this.
    19. El Juri