Not only was RetroArch updated for exploited PS3 Consoles (CFW & ODE) but also the PS Vita / PlayStation TV port (with most other ports being updated as well). In this update of v1.6.3 the Vita platform has a couple new welcomed additions. The first being Cheevos Support (Achievements) & also then also External USB Support has been added to the mult-System emulator that comes bundled with plenty of Retro emulation that will take you back to the roots of gaming.. Truly has been great to see the success of a Homebrew on that runs on so many platforms that has a deep root in the PlayStation Homebrew Scene. The project continues to evolve even on this early port still for the Vita Platform.
PS Vita / PlayStation TV
- Not only has Cheevos support been added, but it’s also possible now to use external USB devices if they are mounted! In order to use RetroArch on Vita, you need a jailbroken PS Vita and/or PSTV. Instructions on how to do that can be found elsewhere and falls beyond the scope of this article.
General changelog (all platforms)
- IOS: Fix GL regression – 32bit color format cores were no longer rendering
- CHEEVOS: Add support for N64 cheevos and other small fixes.
- CHEEVOS: Add ‘Achievements -> Achievements Verbose Mode’. Ability to display cheevos related messages in OSD, useful for RetroAchievements users.
- AUDIO: Audio mixer’s volume can now be independently increased/decreased, and muted.
- AUDIO: Mute now no longer disables/enables audio but instead properly mutes the audio volume. Mute is also independent from the audio mixer volume.
- INPUT: Add mouse index selection; ability now to select between different mice
- INPUT: Fix ‘All Users Control Menu’ setting
- LINUX: Add a tinyalsa audio driver. Doesn’t require asoundlib, should be self-contained and lower-level.
- LOBBIES: Announce the RetroArch version too
- LOCALIZATION: Add Traditional Chinese translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update French translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation
- MENU: Add ‘User Interface -> Views’. Ability to display/hide online updater and core updater options.
- NETPLAY: Disconnecting one client shouldn’t cause everyone to disconnect anymore
- NETWORK: SSL/TLS support, disabled by default
- SCANNER: Fix PS1 game scanning
- SCANNER: Move content list builder into scanner task with progress, fixes menu freeze with large playlists
- SDL2: Fix ‘SDL2 driver does not see the hat on wired Xbox 360 controller”
- SETTINGS: Fix regression ‘Custom Viewport is no longer overridable per-core or per-game’
- VITA: Add cheevos support
- VITA: Add support for external USB if mounted
- WAYLAND: Fix menu mouse input
- WII: Add support for single-port ‘PS1/PS2 to USB controller adapter’
These are the included libretro cores (emulators)
Download: RetroArch (1.6.3) - VITA / PSTV
PS VITA / PS TV RetroArch v1.6.3 - Vita Port adds Cheevos (Achievements) & External USB Support
By STLcardsWS on Aug 4, 2017 at 11:26 PM
Advanced Power Options (v1.10) Released: A XMB MOD for all CFW & HENA handy XMB (main menu) modification for the PlayStation 3 that is now compatible with either CFW (Custom FirmWare) or HEN (Homebrew ENabler) has been updated to v1.10 with a new name as well. This project has seen contributions from various developer's that include @DeViL303, @kozarovv, @mysis @Joonie and @lmn7 and collectively have created Advance Power Options (v1.10). This sleek mod allows for additional Power Options to be displayed and executed with ease from the comfort of the XMB. The new inclusions for your XMB will include a fast Shut Down (no conformation is asked), A Soft Reboot (a faster reboot, doesn't completely shutdown system) or a Hard Reboot (which shuts down slower, as it's a complete system restart). Plus, the mod provides a few additional Advanced Options and these include the ability to Reboot in Recovery Mode (which can be a handy feature, as the official method from Sony involves a process of holding the power button down on your console for awhile), If you desire even faster access to a few functions within the Recovery Mode the devs have you covered here as well as there is options to Rebuild Database or Check the File-System on reboot by selection those included options on the XMB as well. For HEN user's that about sums up things, but CFW user's you have one more additional function which is optional but Also included is an optional pkg to Boot into OtherOS. Overall, this is a great collection of work and a superb modification for your PS3's XMB to add new functionality. View a preview of this mod before installing it, by checking out the developer's YouTube video included below (video coverage is of v1.04) to get an idea of what this mod is all about for CFW and now HEN user's also. Continue reading
PCSX-R (PS4 Port) - PlayStation (PS1 on PS4) Emulator by ZnullptrThis news is a bit late but wanted to get everyone caught up on this project for the PlayStation 4 as Developer Znullptr (David Miller) has recently developed a new emulator port for exploited PS4 console (currently 5.05 being the latest exploitable firmware in public) called PCSX-R which as you may of guessed is a PlayStation 1 emulator. The developer has said he ceased emulation development (source code release is planned) on the PS4 but we have seen a few tweets (1, 2) that could suggest he is still working on a few things (like a mednafen port) but that remains to be seen. This PS1 emulator port seems to be working fairly well and some games demoed can be seen in the videos provided below. So far we have seen this developer release several emulators for the PS4 that include Yabause (Sega Saturn Emulator) / Reicast (DreamCast (contains speed issue in some games)) & ,mGBA (PS4)Continue reading
[Update August 10th] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebeUPDATE (August 10) - Now the 28th Video Released >>> The next PS3 NVidia RSX accelerated X.org steps
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: