The libretro team has dropped the latest release of RetroArch with the arrival of version 1.7.4 (following 1.7.3 / 1.7.2) and it appears all/most supported platforms have seen a version bump and that includes the PS Vita (&pstv) / PlayStation 3 (PS3) & PlayStation Portable (PSP) with several platform spefic changes for those platforms. Also we see a good amount of global changes seen throughout all ports. While also some features being unavailable for some platforms. For all the changes and details checkout the info below and also the source link provided for the FULL RELEASE NOTES, as below is just a summary and some additional core info we provided.. How is the PS3 / PSP / VITA ports doing for you now in v1.7.4? Comment below and let us know your experiences..
images of RetroArch v1.7.4 on the PS3
RetroArch 1.7.4 has just been released! Grab it here (all platforms). This latest version has also been uploaded to the Google Play Store. This is the 32bit version. We also have a brand new 64bit version for users with 64bit capable devices. You can grab that one here. More on that version later!
If you’d like to show your support, consider donating to us. Check here in order to learn more.
Highlights (See release post for full details link, not all features are supported across all platforms)
- 64bit version of RetroArch Android
- Discord integration
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > >
- Desktop UI massively improved
- Create new playlists easily by drag and drop!
- (Windows only for now) In-app RetroArch update!
- Live shader editing with the desktop UI!
- Download all thumbnails for a playlist with Desktop UI!
- Core options in desktop UI!
- Sync To Exact Content Frame Rate – Ideal for G-Sync/FreeSync users!
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > >
- Cheat code searching/creation interface with rumble features
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > > libretro.com/,,,,,
- ANDROID: Add sustained performance mode, can be turned on/off in Power Management settings menu.
- ANDROID: Powerstate/battery level support.
- CHEEVOS: Fix crash when scrolling Achievement List while Unofficial Achievements enabled (#6732).
- CHEEVOS: Added hitcounts support for PauseIf/ResetIf (#6817).
- COMMON: Automatically hide “Configuration Override options” in Quick Menu.
- COMMON: Small Bugfix to not trigger savestate code when pressing Reset.
- COMMON: Added libsixel video driver.
- EMSCRIPTEN: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- HID/OSX: Fix to set hid device registration deterministic (#6497), to address issue #6640 re-adding dynamic device registration.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Polish translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Portuguese / Brazilian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Spanish translation.
- MIDI: Add MIDI support to the libretro API. Dosbox is the first proof of concept core implementing libretro MIDI.
- MIDI: Add a Windows driver for MIDI, based on winmm.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Qt QSlider styling for Dark Theme.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Remove button ghostly inside highlighting.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Initial grid view.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Drag&drop to add new playlist items, add option to add/edit/delete playlists.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to update RetroArch (Windows only for now).
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to manage shaders.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to manage core options.
- MENU/XMB: Add new icons for the settings
- MENU/XMB: Add an option to show the desktop ui
- METAL: Initial work-in-progress video driver for Metal. macOS-only right now, and currently requires macOS 10.13.
- METAL: Supports XMB/MaterialUI, has a menu display driver. Has a font rendering driver.
- METAL/SLANG: Slang shaders should be compatible with Metal video driver.
- NETWORK: Enable SSL/TLS support by default for desktop platforms.
- QNX: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- PS3: Add audio mixer support for FLAC and MP3.
- PSP: Use proper button labels, fix inverted R-Stick Y axis.
- REMAPS: Fix the way offsets are calculated for keyboard remapping.
- RUNAHEAD: Fix full-screen mode change breaking Secondary Core’s environment variables.
- RUNAHEAD: Deterministic input for RunAhead, guaranteed to match the last polled.
- VITA: Use proper button labels, fix inverted R-Stick Y axis.
- VITA: Add imc0: mount.
- VITA: Use sceCtrlIsMultiControllerSupported to detect.
- VULKAN: Fix two validation errors.
- VULKAN: Try to avoid creating swapchains redundantly. Should fix black screen and having to alt tab out of window again to get display working on Nvidia GPUs (Windows).
- VULKAN/OSX: Initial MoltenVK support. Not enabled yet, several MoltenVK bugs should be fixed first before we can have it fully working.
- WINDOWS/DINPUT: Add rumble support.
- WINDOWS/DINPUT: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- WINDOWS/RAWINPUT: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- X11: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- WII: Change deflicker setting to work in 480p or higher, and always enables vfilter so that the user can easily change brightness.
- WIIU: Fix out-of-bounds rendering bug
- WIIU: Implement UDP broadcast network logging on Wii U.
- WIIU: Audio should no longer clip.
Included Cores (PS3 Version) v1.7.4
- cannonball_libretro_ps3 -- WARNING THIS CORE IS BUGGED>
- fuse_libretro_ps3 - Core is bugged and does not work.
- snes9x_libretro_ps3 - Supports MSU-1 Games >> Link
- tgbdual_libretro_ps3 - ISSUE - White Screen w/ Horse galloping type of noise when game is loaded.
- theodore_libretro_ps3 -- Instructions how to operate this core >> Link
Included Cores (PSP Version) v1.7.4
Included Cores (PS Vita / PlayStation TV Version) v1.7.4
- mame2003 plus
Download (all platforms): Retroarch.com/?page=platforms
Source / Full Release Notes can be found @: Libretro.com
RetroArch (PS3) Guide >>> psx-place.com
Note: this guide is still not 100% complete but alot of good info resides in the guide.
RetroArch v1.7.4 - PS3 / VITA / PSP & other platforms updated
By STLcardsWS on Aug 30, 2018 at 7:38 PM
[UPDATE] PS3HEN v2.1.1 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW modelsUPDATE (5-20-2019): Version 2.1.1 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
Here is v2 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 2.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
Trinity Exploit for PS Vita System Firmwares 3.69 & 3.70 released by TheFloW!Following up after the Announcement from @TheFloW back at the End of March this year, today @TheFloW "let the cat out of the bag" by releasing his newest Jailbreak for the PlayStation Vita, which will allow you to jailbreak both your PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV even on the newest System Firmwares 3.69 and 3.70 (which weren't able to jailbreak before). But not only that. While you can jailbreak your Devices on the specific System Firmwares mentioned before, you can also Downgrade your PlayStation Vita / TV to a lower Firmware to get the full potential of your Device like with the famous Hacks and Exploits on System Firmware 3.60 (such as HENkaku and modoru) and 3.65/3.67/3.68 (such as h-encore). So while you have been probably already prepared for this release back at the first announcement, together with the fact that @TheFloW was so kind to release his final Jailbreak even earlier as previous announced, we won't keep you on tenterhooks anymore. Here is everything you need to know.
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - March 2019 Progress Report - Native support for DualShock 3 ControllerMonth after Month, the Great Time behind the RPCS3 PS3 Emulator shows more and more improvements in their work for their PS3 Emulator. As they did of course for March 2019, which you can check at their newest Progress Report. In fact, maybe this month is a little bit too technical when reading through their Release Notes but don't worry. You will again realize how good this PS3 Emulator became and how it is getting even better month after month. But one new improvement we have to stick out is the new Native Support for the DualShock 3 Controller when used within RPCS3. You might be wondering, why this new implementation comes so late? Well, there was already a full of third-party drivers but each of them weren't working perfectly. But the Team behind RPCS3 wanted to give you the best experience for playing your PS3 Game Titles. So, since you probably played your PS3 Games Titles with the Original DualShock 3 Controller on your Original PS3 Hardware, they thought about to allow the same on your PC while playing your favourite PS3 Game Titles using RPCS3. So they implemented a native support for the DualShock 3 Controller, as you would use it on your original PS3 Hardware. Kinda neat isn't it?Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Anthony Bazalar