The libretro team has dropped the latest release of RetroArch with the arrival of version 1.7.4 (following 1.7.3 / 1.7.2) and it appears all/most supported platforms have seen a version bump and that includes the PS Vita (&pstv) / PlayStation 3 (PS3) & PlayStation Portable (PSP) with several platform spefic changes for those platforms. Also we see a good amount of global changes seen throughout all ports. While also some features being unavailable for some platforms. For all the changes and details checkout the info below and also the source link provided for the FULL RELEASE NOTES, as below is just a summary and some additional core info we provided.. How is the PS3 / PSP / VITA ports doing for you now in v1.7.4? Comment below and let us know your experiences..
images of RetroArch v1.7.4 on the PS3
RetroArch 1.7.4 has just been released! Grab it here (all platforms). This latest version has also been uploaded to the Google Play Store. This is the 32bit version. We also have a brand new 64bit version for users with 64bit capable devices. You can grab that one here. More on that version later!
If you’d like to show your support, consider donating to us. Check here in order to learn more.
Highlights (See release post for full details link, not all features are supported across all platforms)
- 64bit version of RetroArch Android
- Discord integration
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > >
- Desktop UI massively improved
- Create new playlists easily by drag and drop!
- (Windows only for now) In-app RetroArch update!
- Live shader editing with the desktop UI!
- Download all thumbnails for a playlist with Desktop UI!
- Core options in desktop UI!
- Sync To Exact Content Frame Rate – Ideal for G-Sync/FreeSync users!
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > >
- Cheat code searching/creation interface with rumble features
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > > libretro.com/,,,,,
- ANDROID: Add sustained performance mode, can be turned on/off in Power Management settings menu.
- ANDROID: Powerstate/battery level support.
- CHEEVOS: Fix crash when scrolling Achievement List while Unofficial Achievements enabled (#6732).
- CHEEVOS: Added hitcounts support for PauseIf/ResetIf (#6817).
- COMMON: Automatically hide “Configuration Override options” in Quick Menu.
- COMMON: Small Bugfix to not trigger savestate code when pressing Reset.
- COMMON: Added libsixel video driver.
- EMSCRIPTEN: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- HID/OSX: Fix to set hid device registration deterministic (#6497), to address issue #6640 re-adding dynamic device registration.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Polish translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Portuguese / Brazilian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Spanish translation.
- MIDI: Add MIDI support to the libretro API. Dosbox is the first proof of concept core implementing libretro MIDI.
- MIDI: Add a Windows driver for MIDI, based on winmm.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Qt QSlider styling for Dark Theme.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Remove button ghostly inside highlighting.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Initial grid view.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Drag&drop to add new playlist items, add option to add/edit/delete playlists.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to update RetroArch (Windows only for now).
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to manage shaders.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to manage core options.
- MENU/XMB: Add new icons for the settings
- MENU/XMB: Add an option to show the desktop ui
- METAL: Initial work-in-progress video driver for Metal. macOS-only right now, and currently requires macOS 10.13.
- METAL: Supports XMB/MaterialUI, has a menu display driver. Has a font rendering driver.
- METAL/SLANG: Slang shaders should be compatible with Metal video driver.
- NETWORK: Enable SSL/TLS support by default for desktop platforms.
- QNX: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- PS3: Add audio mixer support for FLAC and MP3.
- PSP: Use proper button labels, fix inverted R-Stick Y axis.
- REMAPS: Fix the way offsets are calculated for keyboard remapping.
- RUNAHEAD: Fix full-screen mode change breaking Secondary Core’s environment variables.
- RUNAHEAD: Deterministic input for RunAhead, guaranteed to match the last polled.
- VITA: Use proper button labels, fix inverted R-Stick Y axis.
- VITA: Add imc0: mount.
- VITA: Use sceCtrlIsMultiControllerSupported to detect.
- VULKAN: Fix two validation errors.
- VULKAN: Try to avoid creating swapchains redundantly. Should fix black screen and having to alt tab out of window again to get display working on Nvidia GPUs (Windows).
- VULKAN/OSX: Initial MoltenVK support. Not enabled yet, several MoltenVK bugs should be fixed first before we can have it fully working.
- WINDOWS/DINPUT: Add rumble support.
- WINDOWS/DINPUT: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- WINDOWS/RAWINPUT: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- X11: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- WII: Change deflicker setting to work in 480p or higher, and always enables vfilter so that the user can easily change brightness.
- WIIU: Fix out-of-bounds rendering bug
- WIIU: Implement UDP broadcast network logging on Wii U.
- WIIU: Audio should no longer clip.
Included Cores (PS3 Version) v1.7.4
- cannonball_libretro_ps3 -- WARNING THIS CORE IS BUGGED>
- fuse_libretro_ps3 - Core is bugged and does not work.
- snes9x_libretro_ps3 - Supports MSU-1 Games >> Link
- tgbdual_libretro_ps3 - ISSUE - White Screen w/ Horse galloping type of noise when game is loaded.
- theodore_libretro_ps3 -- Instructions how to operate this core >> Link
Included Cores (PSP Version) v1.7.4
Included Cores (PS Vita / PlayStation TV Version) v1.7.4
- mame2003 plus
Download (all platforms): Retroarch.com/?page=platforms
Source / Full Release Notes can be found @: Libretro.com
RetroArch (PS3) Guide >>> psx-place.com
Note: this guide is still not 100% complete but alot of good info resides in the guide.
RetroArch v1.7.4 - PS3 / VITA / PSP & other platforms updated
By STLcardsWS on Aug 30, 2018 at 7:38 PM
The Power Supply (Vol. 02) - Our Guest Today: "PS4 Developer @m0rph3us1987"With the very first introduction of our new Series of Developer Interviews - as known by "The Power Supply" - you were already allowed to dabble a little bit with Volume 01 of the series, where you got a deep look into the work from well-known Developer @deank he did for this scene. While he worked mainly for the PS3 Community, we thought it would be only fair to bring you a PS4 Developer with Volume 02 of this Interview Series today. This Developer maybe don't have the same long reputation as deank have since he began to tinker with the PS4 as his very first Sony Console. But this doesn't mean that he isn't worth to ask some questions. We covered his Achievements already in the past here in this Forum, especially when we provided you our yearly Overview about the CCC Events held in Germany. In fact, you should be familiar with him and his Lecture he held back at 35C3. So please give an warm welcome to m0rph3us1987, while in his Interview, we will talk about his Lecture he held, we will learn how he sees the current situation in "PS4 Development and Hacking" and we will get an deep insight how he began to learn writing some code in his young age. So allow us to introduce him further.Continue reading
RetroArch (PS4) R3 Released: New libretro Cores Added (Dramcaset / Jaguar / ScummVM /) + Source CodeFollowing the initial release of R1 and the followup of R2, developer @OsirisX has just released R3 for the PS4 Port of RetroArch with new core being added, various bug fixes to go along and also a release of the promised source code is included as well.. The new update provides ps4 support for Flycast (Sega Dreamcast), Bettle PSX, Virtual Jaguar, ScummVM, Stella-2014 (Atari 2600), Vectrex and SameBoy are the new cores included (emulation like dreamcast is experimental and many games have speed issues) in this release This update is based on RetroArch v1.8.4 and the Core Updater has been enabled, multi-controller Support has been added (up to 4 can be used), previous R1/R2 only one controller was supported. Also some cores that need have added support for keyboard and mouse controls. This port has evolve quite nicely and should be even better with now the source code release and likely will becomes part of the official release as this is still considered an "unofficial" port, but likely to become the official port.
Also the developer has created a Core Updater, which provides another method to update the cores. It help keeps the main pkg lite and you can also download indvidual cores via RetroArch itself as that bug of downloading cores has been fixed. See all the latest details below pertaining to the R3 release.Continue reading
The Power Supply (vol. I) Featuring a chat with developer deank (creator of multiMAN / webMAN & ...)In this inaugural edition of The Power Supply (A new developer interview series) we have the pleasure to interview one of the legendary developer's of the PlayStation Homebrew Community. A developer whom has contributed on a variety of projects and been a master of some of his own . Very well known in the PS3 scene, this dev is responsible for projects that include the AIO Homebrew known as multiMAN, or the popular ps3 plugin known as webMAN (not to be confused with a forked version called webMAN MOD by aldostools). Then later on the emergence of the sMAN plugin can be from only one person and that developer is of course @deank . The developer has graciously given us some time for a Q/A interview to kick of this new series. Dean will give us a bit of insight on himself, along with his development journey on the PS3 . Also, we have asked the developer if he still has plans for a multiMAN (PS4) release after a small hint in the past that suggested the developer at least was contemplating the idea , Also, does Dean have any immediate plans for future development on the PS3/4, We have these answers and more from himself in the discussion below, so lets dive into:.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
PS2 SCUMM VM (LAST USB+IHD compatible version) think you can still find this elsewhere, COMPARE THEMScummVM Emulator (even the ScummVM website and Sourceforge dont have this version :) -UniqueUserName