The libretro team has dropped the latest release of RetroArch with the arrival of version 1.7.4 (following 1.7.3 / 1.7.2) and it appears all/most supported platforms have seen a version bump and that includes the PS Vita (&pstv) / PlayStation 3 (PS3) & PlayStation Portable (PSP) with several platform spefic changes for those platforms. Also we see a good amount of global changes seen throughout all ports. While also some features being unavailable for some platforms. For all the changes and details checkout the info below and also the source link provided for the FULL RELEASE NOTES, as below is just a summary and some additional core info we provided.. How is the PS3 / PSP / VITA ports doing for you now in v1.7.4? Comment below and let us know your experiences..
images of RetroArch v1.7.4 on the PS3
RetroArch 1.7.4 has just been released! Grab it here (all platforms). This latest version has also been uploaded to the Google Play Store. This is the 32bit version. We also have a brand new 64bit version for users with 64bit capable devices. You can grab that one here. More on that version later!
If you’d like to show your support, consider donating to us. Check here in order to learn more.
Highlights (See release post for full details link, not all features are supported across all platforms)
- 64bit version of RetroArch Android
- Discord integration
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > >
- Desktop UI massively improved
- Create new playlists easily by drag and drop!
- (Windows only for now) In-app RetroArch update!
- Live shader editing with the desktop UI!
- Download all thumbnails for a playlist with Desktop UI!
- Core options in desktop UI!
- Sync To Exact Content Frame Rate – Ideal for G-Sync/FreeSync users!
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > >
- Cheat code searching/creation interface with rumble features
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > > libretro.com/,,,,,
- ANDROID: Add sustained performance mode, can be turned on/off in Power Management settings menu.
- ANDROID: Powerstate/battery level support.
- CHEEVOS: Fix crash when scrolling Achievement List while Unofficial Achievements enabled (#6732).
- CHEEVOS: Added hitcounts support for PauseIf/ResetIf (#6817).
- COMMON: Automatically hide “Configuration Override options” in Quick Menu.
- COMMON: Small Bugfix to not trigger savestate code when pressing Reset.
- COMMON: Added libsixel video driver.
- EMSCRIPTEN: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- HID/OSX: Fix to set hid device registration deterministic (#6497), to address issue #6640 re-adding dynamic device registration.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Polish translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Portuguese / Brazilian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Spanish translation.
- MIDI: Add MIDI support to the libretro API. Dosbox is the first proof of concept core implementing libretro MIDI.
- MIDI: Add a Windows driver for MIDI, based on winmm.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Qt QSlider styling for Dark Theme.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Remove button ghostly inside highlighting.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Initial grid view.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Drag&drop to add new playlist items, add option to add/edit/delete playlists.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to update RetroArch (Windows only for now).
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to manage shaders.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to manage core options.
- MENU/XMB: Add new icons for the settings
- MENU/XMB: Add an option to show the desktop ui
- METAL: Initial work-in-progress video driver for Metal. macOS-only right now, and currently requires macOS 10.13.
- METAL: Supports XMB/MaterialUI, has a menu display driver. Has a font rendering driver.
- METAL/SLANG: Slang shaders should be compatible with Metal video driver.
- NETWORK: Enable SSL/TLS support by default for desktop platforms.
- QNX: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- PS3: Add audio mixer support for FLAC and MP3.
- PSP: Use proper button labels, fix inverted R-Stick Y axis.
- REMAPS: Fix the way offsets are calculated for keyboard remapping.
- RUNAHEAD: Fix full-screen mode change breaking Secondary Core’s environment variables.
- RUNAHEAD: Deterministic input for RunAhead, guaranteed to match the last polled.
- VITA: Use proper button labels, fix inverted R-Stick Y axis.
- VITA: Add imc0: mount.
- VITA: Use sceCtrlIsMultiControllerSupported to detect.
- VULKAN: Fix two validation errors.
- VULKAN: Try to avoid creating swapchains redundantly. Should fix black screen and having to alt tab out of window again to get display working on Nvidia GPUs (Windows).
- VULKAN/OSX: Initial MoltenVK support. Not enabled yet, several MoltenVK bugs should be fixed first before we can have it fully working.
- WINDOWS/DINPUT: Add rumble support.
- WINDOWS/DINPUT: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- WINDOWS/RAWINPUT: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- X11: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- WII: Change deflicker setting to work in 480p or higher, and always enables vfilter so that the user can easily change brightness.
- WIIU: Fix out-of-bounds rendering bug
- WIIU: Implement UDP broadcast network logging on Wii U.
- WIIU: Audio should no longer clip.
Included Cores (PS3 Version) v1.7.4
- cannonball_libretro_ps3 -- WARNING THIS CORE IS BUGGED>
- fuse_libretro_ps3 - Core is bugged and does not work.
- snes9x_libretro_ps3 - Supports MSU-1 Games >> Link
- tgbdual_libretro_ps3 - ISSUE - White Screen w/ Horse galloping type of noise when game is loaded.
- theodore_libretro_ps3 -- Instructions how to operate this core >> Link
Included Cores (PSP Version) v1.7.4
Included Cores (PS Vita / PlayStation TV Version) v1.7.4
- mame2003 plus
Download (all platforms): Retroarch.com/?page=platforms
Source / Full Release Notes can be found @: Libretro.com
RetroArch (PS3) Guide >>> psx-place.com
Note: this guide is still not 100% complete but alot of good info resides in the guide.
RetroArch v1.7.4 - PS3 / VITA / PSP & other platforms updated
By STLcardsWS on Aug 30, 2018 at 7:38 PM
4.85 Flash Writer Released (CFW PS3 Models Only) - Now go from 4.85 OFW to 4.85 HFW to a 4.85 CFWIt looks like the 4.85 landscape is starting to take shape now as developer's around the scene have been updated the homebrew, utilities and tools that require updates (not all things require updates) and now the PS3Xploit Team released one of the missing pieces. The Flash Writer for 4.85 HFW has now arose and now you can make the jump from 4.85 OFW >> 4.85 HFW >> Execute Flash Writer >>> Install a 4.85 CFW. This release (utility) is ONLY for PlayStation 3 models that can install a Custom FirmWare, if your model can not install a CFW then look at PS3HEN as the next best alternative to cfw, which the team has an update around the corner as well (stay tuned for that soon), but back to the Flash Writer, If your are new to the tool that is executed from the PS3 Internet Browser, it simply provides those cfw capable models with the ability to install a Custom Firmware after the tool has done its magic to your console's internal flash. However, you must follow all instructions for a clean installation to avoid any issues during the process on the fully softmod exploit..Continue reading
ManaGunZ v1.36 & v1.37: NEW PS3HEN Support , New Features & 4.85 (CEX) Support by ZarDeveloper @Zar made an update for 4.85 firmware (cex) support for the popular ps3 homebrew ManaGunZ, but also late last month the developer made a huge update, that has added many new features to the popular Game Manager that always comes equipped with plenty of other features for your exploited PS3. Not only is this homebrew for CFW any longer, but since v1.36 ManaGunZ is now both compatible with PS3 Custom FirmWare and also PS3HEN, also zar did not stop there as there has been tons of new additions (seen in the changelogs provided below) and various fixes/optimizations have been brought forward as well in these recent updates that have emerged from developer @Zar. Checkout all the latest details below surrounding ManaGunZ for the PS3.Continue reading
IRISMAN + webMAN MOD - Updated with 4.85 CEX SupportDeveloper @aldostools recently updated two great projects of his with 4.85 firmware (cex) support. When the releases appeared over at brewology.com they were added to the 4.85 Update/CFW thread > here < but i wanted to get something up on the mainpage for the two apps as there are staples in the PS3 library of homebrew fame. For those whom may be new to PS3 homebrew, IRISMAN is a Game Manager (aka Backup Manager) that provides many features, While multiMAN / IRISMAN & ManaGunZ are all excellent Game Manager's they are all unique from each other, while all sharing the essentials. So no choice of the three is a bad one, but all 3 are different, IRISMAN is a fork from an earlier PS3 Homebrew Manager called IRIS Manager by Estwald & D_Skywalk but aldostools has taken the foundation of that project to new levels by adding a TON of functionality,.. Which bring us to Aldostools other project of webMAN MOD which is a fork of deank's original webMAN plugin. deank made a spectacular foundation and down right great plugin, but as the scene advanced developer aldostools stepped in with other devs and formed webMAN MOD fork and since that forked spawned developer aldostools has created one hell of a plugin with tons of functionality and great features. This plugin allow offers more features then all Sony Firmware updates combined and that is even close to being a discussion. These are to great projects to explore if you have not.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: