The libretro team has dropped the latest release of RetroArch with the arrival of version 1.7.4 (following 1.7.3 / 1.7.2) and it appears all/most supported platforms have seen a version bump and that includes the PS Vita (&pstv) / PlayStation 3 (PS3) & PlayStation Portable (PSP) with several platform spefic changes for those platforms. Also we see a good amount of global changes seen throughout all ports. While also some features being unavailable for some platforms. For all the changes and details checkout the info below and also the source link provided for the FULL RELEASE NOTES, as below is just a summary and some additional core info we provided.. How is the PS3 / PSP / VITA ports doing for you now in v1.7.4? Comment below and let us know your experiences..
images of RetroArch v1.7.4 on the PS3
RetroArch 1.7.4 has just been released! Grab it here (all platforms). This latest version has also been uploaded to the Google Play Store. This is the 32bit version. We also have a brand new 64bit version for users with 64bit capable devices. You can grab that one here. More on that version later!
If you’d like to show your support, consider donating to us. Check here in order to learn more.
Highlights (See release post for full details link, not all features are supported across all platforms)
- 64bit version of RetroArch Android
- Discord integration
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > >
- Desktop UI massively improved
- Create new playlists easily by drag and drop!
- (Windows only for now) In-app RetroArch update!
- Live shader editing with the desktop UI!
- Download all thumbnails for a playlist with Desktop UI!
- Core options in desktop UI!
- Sync To Exact Content Frame Rate – Ideal for G-Sync/FreeSync users!
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > >
- Cheat code searching/creation interface with rumble features
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > > libretro.com/,,,,,
- ANDROID: Add sustained performance mode, can be turned on/off in Power Management settings menu.
- ANDROID: Powerstate/battery level support.
- CHEEVOS: Fix crash when scrolling Achievement List while Unofficial Achievements enabled (#6732).
- CHEEVOS: Added hitcounts support for PauseIf/ResetIf (#6817).
- COMMON: Automatically hide “Configuration Override options” in Quick Menu.
- COMMON: Small Bugfix to not trigger savestate code when pressing Reset.
- COMMON: Added libsixel video driver.
- EMSCRIPTEN: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- HID/OSX: Fix to set hid device registration deterministic (#6497), to address issue #6640 re-adding dynamic device registration.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Polish translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Portuguese / Brazilian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Spanish translation.
- MIDI: Add MIDI support to the libretro API. Dosbox is the first proof of concept core implementing libretro MIDI.
- MIDI: Add a Windows driver for MIDI, based on winmm.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Qt QSlider styling for Dark Theme.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Remove button ghostly inside highlighting.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Initial grid view.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Drag&drop to add new playlist items, add option to add/edit/delete playlists.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to update RetroArch (Windows only for now).
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to manage shaders.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to manage core options.
- MENU/XMB: Add new icons for the settings
- MENU/XMB: Add an option to show the desktop ui
- METAL: Initial work-in-progress video driver for Metal. macOS-only right now, and currently requires macOS 10.13.
- METAL: Supports XMB/MaterialUI, has a menu display driver. Has a font rendering driver.
- METAL/SLANG: Slang shaders should be compatible with Metal video driver.
- NETWORK: Enable SSL/TLS support by default for desktop platforms.
- QNX: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- PS3: Add audio mixer support for FLAC and MP3.
- PSP: Use proper button labels, fix inverted R-Stick Y axis.
- REMAPS: Fix the way offsets are calculated for keyboard remapping.
- RUNAHEAD: Fix full-screen mode change breaking Secondary Core’s environment variables.
- RUNAHEAD: Deterministic input for RunAhead, guaranteed to match the last polled.
- VITA: Use proper button labels, fix inverted R-Stick Y axis.
- VITA: Add imc0: mount.
- VITA: Use sceCtrlIsMultiControllerSupported to detect.
- VULKAN: Fix two validation errors.
- VULKAN: Try to avoid creating swapchains redundantly. Should fix black screen and having to alt tab out of window again to get display working on Nvidia GPUs (Windows).
- VULKAN/OSX: Initial MoltenVK support. Not enabled yet, several MoltenVK bugs should be fixed first before we can have it fully working.
- WINDOWS/DINPUT: Add rumble support.
- WINDOWS/DINPUT: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- WINDOWS/RAWINPUT: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- X11: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- WII: Change deflicker setting to work in 480p or higher, and always enables vfilter so that the user can easily change brightness.
- WIIU: Fix out-of-bounds rendering bug
- WIIU: Implement UDP broadcast network logging on Wii U.
- WIIU: Audio should no longer clip.
Included Cores (PS3 Version) v1.7.4
- cannonball_libretro_ps3 -- WARNING THIS CORE IS BUGGED>
- fuse_libretro_ps3 - Core is bugged and does not work.
- snes9x_libretro_ps3 - Supports MSU-1 Games >> Link
- tgbdual_libretro_ps3 - ISSUE - White Screen w/ Horse galloping type of noise when game is loaded.
- theodore_libretro_ps3 -- Instructions how to operate this core >> Link
Included Cores (PSP Version) v1.7.4
Included Cores (PS Vita / PlayStation TV Version) v1.7.4
- mame2003 plus
Download (all platforms): Retroarch.com/?page=platforms
Source / Full Release Notes can be found @: Libretro.com
RetroArch (PS3) Guide >>> psx-place.com
Note: this guide is still not 100% complete but alot of good info resides in the guide.
RetroArch v1.7.4 - PS3 / VITA / PSP & other platforms updated
By STLcardsWS on Aug 30, 2018 at 7:38 PM
Milestone Update for Orbital - An PS4 Emulator by @AlexAltea - now with (very first) Video Output!Nearly a year ago, Developer @AlexAltea showcased us an early-stage Version from his own PS4 Emulator called Orbital. The very first Version was on a minimal stage by running several code examples on a Terminal within Linux only but this was already impressive since as you probably know, both the PS4 and standard Computers shares the same x86 CPU Architecture. But the CPU isn't the only thing the PS4 shares with a standard PC. Since you need also a lot of GPU Power to run your Games on a Console for General, it is getting quite usual that those big players like NVIDIA or AMD are collaborating with the Console Manufacturers to deliver them with special-designed Graphics Processing Units for the Consoles you own. Even when we talk about "Special" GPU's, you already recognized by yourself that if you go further in newer Console Generations, you realized that the internal GPU used inside each Console is having more and more similarities compared to a standard GPU. With that result in mind, Developer @AlexAltea showcased yesterday that his Emulator Orbital is capable of running the Safe Mode of the PS4 together with getting a Video Output from that mentioned Safe Mode as well, which leads to the point that his Emulator showcased the very first Video Output from a PS4 emulated by a PC! Do I have to say more? Continue reading
4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ COBRA 8.01) - New update in from Habib
Following the introduction of 4.84 STARBUGED CFW for the PS3, which also gave us the introduction of Cobra v8.0x from developer @habib, Has now followed up that cfw release with 4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ Cobra 8.01) that contains some more candy for the scene. As the developer has provided new features once again with this update with the ability to Hardcode Kernel Plugins, which can be useful for things like MAMBA (a Cobra Alternative) as it can not be ran as a kernel plugin. Down below you will see the technical aspects of what this update has provided from Ps3 CFW Developer @habib.
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - January 2019 Progress Report (+ useful Extras and Tools)A new Year, a new Progress Report begins. Kinda late for March, I know and yes it's not the first time I use this excuse for being such late. But the Team behind this wonderful PS3 Emulator RPCS3 thought about that instead of bringing you a monthly updated Progress Report only this time - which still shows some impressive Progress from each Month if you ask me - they decided that it would be a good start for the first Progress Report of 2019 to release some additional Tools together with the January 2019 Progress Report. So while you can enjoy their Progress for January both down below and on their Blog post (also linked down below), the Team behind RPCS3 teased several Tweets about their additional Achievements they did since the beginning of this year. You want an example? Well, maybe you didn't know about but since RPCS3 also supports a Basic Network Functionality, it will allow you not only to emulate some AAA Game Titles. It can be also useful to emulate other Non-Gaming Applications and various Media Applications as well. So there is no problem at all to watch some Videos using the official YouTube-Applications for PS3 via RPCS3, viewing the newest Episode from you favourite Anime Series on Crunchyroll or why not enjoying a full-length Hollywood Blockbuster on Netflix, for instance. How cool is that?Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
ALL OpenBOR OPL ready ISOs -Neill Corlett
This GBA Emulator is the best one to use with 98% of GBA Games on PS2 (HDD-USB-MC) -belek666