The official release of RetroArch v1.7.6 has been released and one of many highlights in this release is the official introduction of the PlayStation 2 Port of RetroArch from developer fjtrujy, After the developer launched the Nigthly builds this marks the first official release and offers 4 libretro cores to start out and those include 2048 (Puzzle Game) / QuickNES (Nintendo NES) / FCEUmm (Nintendo NES / Famicom / Disk System) / PicoDrive (Sega Genesis/Master Drive/32x), to keep up on the progress give the dev's twitter a follow and look to this thread, where pkgs for running this on PS3 HAN and the PS4 through those console's internal PS2 emulators .. Plus we have the latest progress report on the upcoming PS4 port as well. As of writing this the PS3 link was not up, but we have alerted Libretro and will update once we have a response (Update: PS3/PS Vita/PSTV/PS2/PSP builds all online). Checkout some of the highlights below and be sure to checkout the included source link at the bottom for FULL release notes and details surrounding v1.7.6
- NEW PS2 Port
- Coming Soon - PS4 Port
- PS3 Port
- PS Vita / PS-TV Port
- PSP Port
- General Changelogs (1.7.6)
RetroArch 1.7.6 – Released!
RetroArch 1.7.6 has just been released! Grab it here.
If you’d like to show your support, consider donating to us. Check here in order to learn more.
NOTE: Currently the following versions have not yet been released – Xbox OG and OSX PowerPC. We will keep you up to date on Twitter and update this blog post accordingly.
PlayStation2 port – now available!
RetroArch has been ported to the PlayStation2 by fjtrujy, and starting as of version 1.7.6 you can already try it on your own homebrew-enabled PS2!
A couple of cores have been included as part of this initial release:
- FCEUmm (NES emulator)
- QuickNES (NES emulator)
- Picodrive (Mega Drive/Genesis/Master System emulator)
Note: To run Picodrive and FCEUmm at fullspeed, you need to set Vsync to off. QuickNES will be fullspeed with vsync on.
How to use it on a PS2
You will need a PS2 capable of running homebrew programs. For the purpose of this quick step-by-step tutorial, we are going to assume you are using something like FreeMcBoot.
- Start up your PS2.
- Go to a file manager such as LaunchELF.
- Take a USB stick, and extract the contents of RetroArch_elf.7z for PS2 to your USB stick. Insert the USB stick into your PS2.
- Inside LaunchELF, navigate to mass:
- Start up any of the ELF files depending on the core you want to use.
PlayStation4 port (public release TBD)
RetroArch has been ported to PlayStation4 by Frangarcj, Big Boss and others!
A few cores have been ported and have been confirmed running already, such as SameBoy and 2048. The PlayStation4 port is using a homebrew SDK called liborbis, and thanks to this SDK we are able to use OpenGLES 2 on the PS4. This means that from Day One we have a fully functioning GL driver and working XMB/MaterialUI/RGUI drivers. It also means that OpenGL hardware accelerated cores should be possible. Frangarcj wants to wait with a public release until OELF format support has been added to the SDK, so until then we will ask for your patience. It might be possible to provide you with a compilation guide in case you want to build it for yourself later on.
NOTE: In order to use this RetroArch port, you will need a PlayStation4 system that has been jailbroken. Right now this means your system should be on either firmware 4.55 or firmware 5.05.
Included Core List in v1.7.6 <><><><> (41 Included Cores)
Included Cores (contains 47 libretro cores)
Included Cores in v1.7.6 (15 Libretro Cores)
- ANDROID: Fix Xperia Play input binding.
- CHEEVOS: Reset when hardcore mode is toggled.
- CHEEVOS: Update the hashing methods to identify NES, SNES and Lynx games (more accurate and accepting headerless ROMs).
- COMMON: Add new JSON playlist format.
- COMMON: Fix playlist corruption when deleting items.
- COMMON: Fix archive progress display calculation.
- COMMON: Fix playlist entries appearing with previously used names.
- COMMON: Fix screenshot filename with no core or content.
- COMMON: Allow compiling without menu support.
- CORE UPDATER: Allow sideloading cores from the menu.
- CPU FILTERS: Add Normal2x filter.
- CRT/LINUX: New Linux switching method partially implemented.
- CRT/LINUX: Linux restore desktop resolution fixed.
- CRT/LINUX: Monitor index switching and auto enumerate for output detection in Linux (still working on the windows method).
- CRT/RASPBERRY PI: Initial support.
- DATE: Add Date / Time style options.
- DEBUGGING: Add an integrated crash handler for debug builds (see https://docs.libretro.com/tech/debugging)
- DISCORD: Discord matchmaking.
- DISCORD: Register the application name properly.
- DISK CONTROL: Remember the last used folder / current active folder to make disk-swapping faster.
- INPUT: Add new menu toggle (hold start button for 2 seconds)
- INPUT: Fix arrow keys being incorrectly bound as numpad keys
- INPUT/SDL: Flush the joypad events. Decreases cpu usage over time with the SDL joypad driver.
- LOCALIZATION: Add Greek translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update German translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Simplified Chinese translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Spanish translation.
- MENU: New “ozone” menu driver.
- MENU: Only show CRT SwitchRes if video display server is implemented (Windows/Linux for now)
- MENU: User Interface -> Appearance -> ‘Menu Font Green/Blue Color’ settings now work properly.
- MENU: Add option to enable in-menu sound effects.
- MENU/D3D: Scissoring support (will be used for Ozone and menu widgets).
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Allow building with MSVC2017.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add detailed file browser table.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: New grid view implementation that is faster and loads thumbnails on-demand.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Thumbnail drag and drop support.
- MENU/RGUI: Overhaul custom theme interface + add wallpaper support.
- MENU/RGUI: Thumbnail support and thumbnail downscaling.
- MENU: Hide password values.
- MENU/SOUNDS: Implement in-menu sound effects (not enabled by default for now, still experimental).
- MIDI: Add a Linux ALSA driver for MIDI.
- NETPLAY: Force fast-save-states when netplay is enabled.
- NETPLAY: Allow quick joining subsystem lobbies.
- OSX: Initial CoreAudio V3 audio driver (not yet used in release builds).
- OSX: OpenGL 3.2 Core support for cores.
- PS2: Initial PlayStation2 port.
- RECORDING: Implement recording options in the menu complete with quality profiles, streaming, and proper file naming
- SCANNER: Fix GDI disc scanning.
- SHADERS: Fix auto shader preset loading on D3D10, D3D11, D3D12
- SUBSYSTEM: Allow more than 10 subsystems
- SUBSYSTEM: Cores that use subsystem for complex scenarios can now load content without starting a regular content first
- SUBSYSTEM: Remember the last used folder to make loading subsystem type content faster
- SWITCH/LIBNX: Improve touch scaling calculation.
- SWITCH: Proper button labels.
- TVOS: Initial tvOS port.
- VULKAN: Fix RGUI crashing at startup.
- VULKAN/RGUI: Enable ‘Menu Linear Filter’ option.
- VULKAN: Fix secondary screens in overlays not working.
- WAYLAND: Implement idle-inhibit support (needed for screensaver suspend).
- WAYLAND: Fix fullscreen toggle.
- WIIU: Initial netplay peer-to-peer support. Network information working.
- WINDOWS/WSA: Network Information info is blank until first network operation.
- WINDOWS: Fix an ancient bug that caused wrong mappings for keyboard arrows.
- WINDOWS: Remember window size and position if so desired.
- WINDOWS: SSL/TLS connections now work properly.
- WINDOWS: Fall back to GDI driver if no accelerated graphics driver is found.
- UWP: Initial UWP port.
- VFS: Update to version 3.
- XBONE: Initial Xbox One port.
- XMB/OZONE: Add more icons
SOURCE & ADDITIONAL DETAILS twitter.com/libretro/
RetroArch v1.7.6 - PS2 Port Now Available w/ 4 Cores + PS4 Progress Report + many platforms updated
By STLcardsWS on Feb 4, 2019 at 1:23 AM
[Update] multiMAN 04.85.01 - Official Update from deank adds 4.83-4.85 CFW Support + PS3HEN SupportUPDATE 04.85.01 - Improved PS3HEN Support Added
Original: Appears that developer @deank has pushed an official update for the popular PS3 Homebrew known as multiMAN (or mM). We have not seen an official update since firmware 4.82 (albeit from some unofficial modified version, that were not ideal), there was not much of a need for an update since the previous official update of 4.82 worked fine as is on 4.83 /4.84 / 4.85. In that time Sony's changes in 4.8x era of firmware were minimal and presented little changes for the PS3. The only thing that was missing was firmware detection of 4.83 and greater, as it was impossible for the application to know the offsets of future firmware's. However, deank quietly pushed an update via the applications online update. This new update provides official support for CFW 4.83 - 4.85 which will recognize and properly fix the cosmetic issue and display the new firmware presents.
Other then that its the same old classic multiMAN, which is not a bad thing as this was and still is an iconic applications for the PS3. This powerful Homebrew is packed with tons of functionality for your cfw enabled PS3, Regarding support for PS3HEN user's I am not sure as of writing this if this version supports PS3HEN fully, (see 04.85.01 update) nothing is mentioned so we should not assume. On brewology there is an unofficial multiMAN 4.84 PS3HEN version (* in previous releases), but not sure how compatible many of the feature are (maybe we could have user's comment below with some feedback regarding ps3hen) PS3HEN user's in general should also realize that many PS3 Homebrew apps were created with CFW in mind. so there can be compatibility issue with some features..Note that ManaGunZ is supporting PS3HEN w/ a special PS3HEN mode that will disable the CFW features.Continue reading
[New PS2 Exploit] Hacking the PS2 using Yabasic on (PAL) demo disc ( by Cturt )The PlayStation 2 is still in the cross-hairs for many developer's in the homebrew scene, hacker Cturt known for his work with PlayStation 4 exploits has turned his attention to the PS2. The motive for this exploration was to provide a "slightly more convenient" way to execute homebrew on the PS2 and also with the newer consoles being hacked via webkit exploitation and the PAL models Ps2 demo disc that contain Yabasic, the hacker seen the potential and now that potential has came to fruition with the release of this write up of exploiting a PS2 with Yabasic on a PS2 Demo Disc in PAL regions. The developer states in NTSC there may be a future solution (as mentioned in the conclusion of the writeup)Continue reading
[UPDATE] PS3HEN v2.4.0 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW models4.85.1 HFW post by @Joonie
UPDATE (10-07-2019): Version 2.4.0 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
See also: The Great PS3 HEN All in One (AIO) Guide
Here is v2 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 2.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Leonard strong