The official release of RetroArch v1.7.6 has been released and one of many highlights in this release is the official introduction of the PlayStation 2 Port of RetroArch from developer fjtrujy, After the developer launched the Nigthly builds this marks the first official release and offers 4 libretro cores to start out and those include 2048 (Puzzle Game) / QuickNES (Nintendo NES) / FCEUmm (Nintendo NES / Famicom / Disk System) / PicoDrive (Sega Genesis/Master Drive/32x), to keep up on the progress give the dev's twitter a follow and look to this thread, where pkgs for running this on PS3 HAN and the PS4 through those console's internal PS2 emulators .. Plus we have the latest progress report on the upcoming PS4 port as well. As of writing this the PS3 link was not up, but we have alerted Libretro and will update once we have a response (Update: PS3/PS Vita/PSTV/PS2/PSP builds all online). Checkout some of the highlights below and be sure to checkout the included source link at the bottom for FULL release notes and details surrounding v1.7.6
- NEW PS2 Port
- Coming Soon - PS4 Port
- PS3 Port
- PS Vita / PS-TV Port
- PSP Port
- General Changelogs (1.7.6)
RetroArch 1.7.6 – Released!
RetroArch 1.7.6 has just been released! Grab it here.
If you’d like to show your support, consider donating to us. Check here in order to learn more.
NOTE: Currently the following versions have not yet been released – Xbox OG and OSX PowerPC. We will keep you up to date on Twitter and update this blog post accordingly.
PlayStation2 port – now available!
RetroArch has been ported to the PlayStation2 by fjtrujy, and starting as of version 1.7.6 you can already try it on your own homebrew-enabled PS2!
A couple of cores have been included as part of this initial release:
- FCEUmm (NES emulator)
- QuickNES (NES emulator)
- Picodrive (Mega Drive/Genesis/Master System emulator)
Note: To run Picodrive and FCEUmm at fullspeed, you need to set Vsync to off. QuickNES will be fullspeed with vsync on.
How to use it on a PS2
You will need a PS2 capable of running homebrew programs. For the purpose of this quick step-by-step tutorial, we are going to assume you are using something like FreeMcBoot.
- Start up your PS2.
- Go to a file manager such as LaunchELF.
- Take a USB stick, and extract the contents of RetroArch_elf.7z for PS2 to your USB stick. Insert the USB stick into your PS2.
- Inside LaunchELF, navigate to mass:
- Start up any of the ELF files depending on the core you want to use.
PlayStation4 port (public release TBD)
RetroArch has been ported to PlayStation4 by Frangarcj, Big Boss and others!
A few cores have been ported and have been confirmed running already, such as SameBoy and 2048. The PlayStation4 port is using a homebrew SDK called liborbis, and thanks to this SDK we are able to use OpenGLES 2 on the PS4. This means that from Day One we have a fully functioning GL driver and working XMB/MaterialUI/RGUI drivers. It also means that OpenGL hardware accelerated cores should be possible. Frangarcj wants to wait with a public release until OELF format support has been added to the SDK, so until then we will ask for your patience. It might be possible to provide you with a compilation guide in case you want to build it for yourself later on.
NOTE: In order to use this RetroArch port, you will need a PlayStation4 system that has been jailbroken. Right now this means your system should be on either firmware 4.55 or firmware 5.05.
Included Core List in v1.7.6 <><><><> (41 Included Cores)
Included Cores (contains 47 libretro cores)
Included Cores in v1.7.6 (15 Libretro Cores)
- ANDROID: Fix Xperia Play input binding.
- CHEEVOS: Reset when hardcore mode is toggled.
- CHEEVOS: Update the hashing methods to identify NES, SNES and Lynx games (more accurate and accepting headerless ROMs).
- COMMON: Add new JSON playlist format.
- COMMON: Fix playlist corruption when deleting items.
- COMMON: Fix archive progress display calculation.
- COMMON: Fix playlist entries appearing with previously used names.
- COMMON: Fix screenshot filename with no core or content.
- COMMON: Allow compiling without menu support.
- CORE UPDATER: Allow sideloading cores from the menu.
- CPU FILTERS: Add Normal2x filter.
- CRT/LINUX: New Linux switching method partially implemented.
- CRT/LINUX: Linux restore desktop resolution fixed.
- CRT/LINUX: Monitor index switching and auto enumerate for output detection in Linux (still working on the windows method).
- CRT/RASPBERRY PI: Initial support.
- DATE: Add Date / Time style options.
- DEBUGGING: Add an integrated crash handler for debug builds (see https://docs.libretro.com/tech/debugging)
- DISCORD: Discord matchmaking.
- DISCORD: Register the application name properly.
- DISK CONTROL: Remember the last used folder / current active folder to make disk-swapping faster.
- INPUT: Add new menu toggle (hold start button for 2 seconds)
- INPUT: Fix arrow keys being incorrectly bound as numpad keys
- INPUT/SDL: Flush the joypad events. Decreases cpu usage over time with the SDL joypad driver.
- LOCALIZATION: Add Greek translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update German translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Simplified Chinese translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Spanish translation.
- MENU: New “ozone” menu driver.
- MENU: Only show CRT SwitchRes if video display server is implemented (Windows/Linux for now)
- MENU: User Interface -> Appearance -> ‘Menu Font Green/Blue Color’ settings now work properly.
- MENU: Add option to enable in-menu sound effects.
- MENU/D3D: Scissoring support (will be used for Ozone and menu widgets).
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Allow building with MSVC2017.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add detailed file browser table.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: New grid view implementation that is faster and loads thumbnails on-demand.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Thumbnail drag and drop support.
- MENU/RGUI: Overhaul custom theme interface + add wallpaper support.
- MENU/RGUI: Thumbnail support and thumbnail downscaling.
- MENU: Hide password values.
- MENU/SOUNDS: Implement in-menu sound effects (not enabled by default for now, still experimental).
- MIDI: Add a Linux ALSA driver for MIDI.
- NETPLAY: Force fast-save-states when netplay is enabled.
- NETPLAY: Allow quick joining subsystem lobbies.
- OSX: Initial CoreAudio V3 audio driver (not yet used in release builds).
- OSX: OpenGL 3.2 Core support for cores.
- PS2: Initial PlayStation2 port.
- RECORDING: Implement recording options in the menu complete with quality profiles, streaming, and proper file naming
- SCANNER: Fix GDI disc scanning.
- SHADERS: Fix auto shader preset loading on D3D10, D3D11, D3D12
- SUBSYSTEM: Allow more than 10 subsystems
- SUBSYSTEM: Cores that use subsystem for complex scenarios can now load content without starting a regular content first
- SUBSYSTEM: Remember the last used folder to make loading subsystem type content faster
- SWITCH/LIBNX: Improve touch scaling calculation.
- SWITCH: Proper button labels.
- TVOS: Initial tvOS port.
- VULKAN: Fix RGUI crashing at startup.
- VULKAN/RGUI: Enable ‘Menu Linear Filter’ option.
- VULKAN: Fix secondary screens in overlays not working.
- WAYLAND: Implement idle-inhibit support (needed for screensaver suspend).
- WAYLAND: Fix fullscreen toggle.
- WIIU: Initial netplay peer-to-peer support. Network information working.
- WINDOWS/WSA: Network Information info is blank until first network operation.
- WINDOWS: Fix an ancient bug that caused wrong mappings for keyboard arrows.
- WINDOWS: Remember window size and position if so desired.
- WINDOWS: SSL/TLS connections now work properly.
- WINDOWS: Fall back to GDI driver if no accelerated graphics driver is found.
- UWP: Initial UWP port.
- VFS: Update to version 3.
- XBONE: Initial Xbox One port.
- XMB/OZONE: Add more icons
SOURCE & ADDITIONAL DETAILS twitter.com/libretro/
RetroArch v1.7.6 - PS2 Port Now Available w/ 4 Cores + PS4 Progress Report + many platforms updated
By STLcardsWS on Feb 4, 2019 at 1:23 AM
[Update August 19th] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebeUPDATE (August 19) - Now the 29th Video Released >>> The next PS3 NVidia RSX accelerated X.org steps
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
Advanced Power Options (v1.10) Released: A XMB MOD for all CFW & HENA handy XMB (main menu) modification for the PlayStation 3 that is now compatible with either CFW (Custom FirmWare) or HEN (Homebrew ENabler) has been updated to v1.10 with a new name as well. This project has seen contributions from various developer's that include @DeViL303, @kozarovv, @mysis @Joonie and @lmn7 and collectively have created Advance Power Options (v1.10). This sleek mod allows for additional Power Options to be displayed and executed with ease from the comfort of the XMB. The new inclusions for your XMB will include a fast Shut Down (no conformation is asked), A Soft Reboot (a faster reboot, doesn't completely shutdown system) or a Hard Reboot (which shuts down slower, as it's a complete system restart). Plus, the mod provides a few additional Advanced Options and these include the ability to Reboot in Recovery Mode (which can be a handy feature, as the official method from Sony involves a process of holding the power button down on your console for awhile), If you desire even faster access to a few functions within the Recovery Mode the devs have you covered here as well as there is options to Rebuild Database or Check the File-System on reboot by selection those included options on the XMB as well. For HEN user's that about sums up things, but CFW user's you have one more additional function which is optional but Also included is an optional pkg to Boot into OtherOS. Overall, this is a great collection of work and a superb modification for your PS3's XMB to add new functionality. View a preview of this mod before installing it, by checking out the developer's YouTube video included below (video coverage is of v1.04) to get an idea of what this mod is all about for CFW and now HEN user's also. Continue reading
PCSX-R (PS4 Port) - PlayStation (PS1 on PS4) Emulator by ZnullptrThis news is a bit late but wanted to get everyone caught up on this project for the PlayStation 4 as Developer Znullptr (David Miller) has recently developed a new emulator port for exploited PS4 console (currently 5.05 being the latest exploitable firmware in public) called PCSX-R which as you may of guessed is a PlayStation 1 emulator. The developer has said he ceased emulation development (source code release is planned) on the PS4 but we have seen a few tweets (1, 2) that could suggest he is still working on a few things (like a mednafen port that maybe is a better options for PS1 gameplay(?) ) but that remains to be seen. This PS1 emulator port seems to be working good enough to play many titles (some issue's are outlined below in the notes by markus95). PS4 gameplay footage can viewed in the videos provided below. So far we have seen this emulation developer soft release several PoC emulators for the PS4 that have included Yabause (A Sega Saturn Emulator w/ speed issue's) / Reicast (DreamCast w/ speed issue's) & ,mGBA (GameBoy Advance). Since this is an early concept and build you have to manually swap your roms for a game you want to play, details about the process can be seen below courtesy of @Markus95 .Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- captin - duck