The RetroArch emulation project continues to evolve, now progressing to version 1.7 across most supported platforms. This includes updates for the PS3, PSP & VITA/PSTV with various changes across each port. Looking at the PS3 port there has been some new changes and fixes that included a much improved font rendering, Now HTTP request are working which allows for some features such as Downloads & Core Updater to now be utilized on the PS3 Port & a ton of new changes and fixes. The PSP port seen a number of fixes and improvements, the first task was to get this port working again and a fix to content loading has made the port usable, then also the audio syncing issues have now been resolved. Also 64MB can now be used when avaiable and to round out the PSP changes and to segue in the VITA/PSTV changes the PSP port can now be used on Vita's Adrenaline and also for PS Vita / PlayStation TV you can now enjoy improved installation times and improved packaging of the homebrew: Checkout all the misc. changes and changes to other ports in the full RetroArch v1.7 Changelog
RetroArch 1.7.0 has just been released! Grab it here.
We here at RetroArch/Libretro wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
If you’d like to show your support, consider donating to us. Check here in order to learn more.
- CHEEVOS: Add badges for achievements, shows thumbnail images of achievements.
- CHEEVOS: Leaderboard support
- CHEEVOS: Only disable savestates on hardcore mode if achievements are not available.
- COMMANDLINE: Fix fullscreen toggle switch.
- COMMON: Add ‘Automatically Load Content To Playlist’ feature, enabled by default.
- COMMON: Fix slowmotion ratio always being reset back to 1.
- COMMON: Optimized NBIO implementations now for Apple, Windows, and Linux. Uses mmap for Linux/Windows/BSD if/when available. File I/O should now be much faster for loading images inside the menu.
- COMMON: Native Blissbox support now for latest firmware as of writing (2.0). Implementation through libusb and/or native Windows HID.
- COMMON: New lightgun API.
- COMMON: New VFS (Virtual File System) API.
- COMMON: Fixed some playlist bugs.
- COMMON: New snow shader.
- COMMON: Fix Quick Menu title, no longer shows ‘Select File’.
- COMMON: Fix loading cores that require no content one after another.
- COMMON: Map Delete key to Y button for non-unified menu keyboard controls.
- COMMON: Fix for relative paths being normalised and generating a duplicate history entry.
- EMSCRIPTEN: Fix references to browserfs.
- FREEBSD: Support libusb HID input driver.
- HAIKU: Buildfix.
- INPUT: Map clear button to DEL key.
- LINUX/X11: Add RetroArch logo to window title bar.
- LINUX/X11: Input driver now supports new lightgun code.
- LINUX/X11: Support window transparency (requires a compositing window manager).
- LOBBIES: Fix for crash on join netplay rooms via touch / glui.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Portuguese-Brazilian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Polish translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation.
- MENU: Snowflake menu shader effect.
- OSX/PPC: Fix the GL2 renderchain, had to use EXT versions of framebuffer/renderbuffer functions.
- PS3: HTTP requests / downloads should now work.
- PS3: Core Updater now works.
- PS3: Improved font rendering, enable STB Unicode font renderer.
- PSP: Make it work with Vita’s Adrenaline.
- PSP: Fix audio sync.
- PSP: Fix content loading, port should be functional again.
- PSP: Use 64MB when available.
- SCANNER: Fix crash from Windows-incompatible format string.
- VITA: Improve packaging, installation times.
- WIIU: Disabled the controller patcher for now since it was the source of many stability issues.
- VULKAN: Various stability fixes for WSI.
- WINDOWS: Add MSVC 2017 solution.
- WINDOWS: Get rid of the empty console window in MSVC 2010 builds.
- WINDOWS: Raw input driver now supports new lightgun code.
- WINDOWS: Use configured OSD/text message color on GDI driver.
- WINDOWS/XINPUT: Populate XInput VID/PID from DInput so autoconfig doesn’t rely solely on joypad names
- WINDOWS/XINPUT: Fix crash that occurs in some situations with Steam running and a Steam Controller plugged in.
- WINDOWS: Improve version reporting under System Information.
- WINDOWS: Support window transparency.
- WINDOWS: Correct usage of GetWindowPlacement per MS docs, fixes game window position on Win95/98.
- WINDOWS: Added Visual Studio 2017 support.
So many important improvements that have been made to the PlayStation3 port as a result of our newfound friendly collaboration with an RPCS3 dev:
Improved PlayStation 3 port
clienthax from the @rpcs3 team has helped us significantly improve RetroArch PS3! Core Updater, netplay and downloading assets and other files is now supported! And you can run it with the @rpcs3 emulator itself of course!
- Downloads now work
- Netplay now works. You can netplay between two PS3s, or with another system that is also of the big-endian architecture. For instance – netplay between RetroArch PS3 and RetroArch Wii U works. NOTE: There might still be some endian-specific code in certain cores that can cause bugs.
- Content Downloader works. You can download many demos and freeware homebrew games from this.
- Thumbnail Downloader works. You can download boxarts and titles/snaps for your games from here.
- Core Updater works. Now you can directly download freshly updated cores directly through the built-in Core Updater. New cores will be added over time, and best of all, you don’t need to install a new RetroArch version in order to obtain these new cores either.
- Improved font rendering inside the menu. Non-Western languages are now also supported by this improved font rendering, including Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Russian, etc.
PSP port works again
RetroArch PSP will work again for version 1.7.0 thanks to @frangar! This is a picture of it running inside the standalone version of PPSSPP, the PSP emulator.
There’s a ton more that we have properly not covered in this blog article, but we leave it up to the user to discover that for themselves.
What’s coming next for RetroArch
We will have a separate blog post on this soon, as well as more separate blog articles detailing some of the other progress that has been made on the cores front.
Downloads @: retroarch.com
Source (& FULL v1.7 Release Notes): libretro.com
Update NEW DL Links & Version (v1.7.1)
PlayStation News RetroArch v1.7 Release: PS3 / PSP / VITA / PlayStation TV Ports Updated + Other Platforms
By STLcardsWS on Dec 26, 2017 at 3:19 PM
BGFTP v1.0 (by GrapheneCt): Background FTP server for transfering file to your VitaDeveloper GrapheneCt has released BGFTP, a new FTP server that works in the background. It does not matter if your in-game or sleep mode or hanging around the Live Area, The FTP transfers are always working while the developer says this will not impact any performance of the running task, but does add a warning that transfer can be slowed down since they are running on Reserved System Cores and will be knocked to low priority on those reserves, but nonetheless a great way to transfer files from your PC (or other devices servicing as a FTP server) to either your homebrew enabled PS Vita or the PlayStation TV (aka vita tv)..Continue reading
The Power Supply (Vol. 02) - Our Guest Today: "PS4 Developer @m0rph3us1987"With the very first introduction of our new Series of Developer Interviews - as known by "The Power Supply" - you were already allowed to dabble a little bit with Volume 01 of the series, where you got a deep look into the work from well-known Developer @deank he did for this scene. While he worked mainly for the PS3 Community, we thought it would be only fair to bring you a PS4 Developer with Volume 02 of this Interview Series today. This Developer maybe don't have the same long reputation as deank have since he began to tinker with the PS4 as his very first Sony Console. But this doesn't mean that he isn't worth to ask some questions. We covered his Achievements already in the past here in this Forum, especially when we provided you our yearly Overview about the CCC Events held in Germany. In fact, you should be familiar with him and his Lecture he held back at 35C3. So please give an warm welcome to m0rph3us1987, while in his Interview, we will talk about his Lecture he held, we will learn how he sees the current situation in "PS4 Development and Hacking" and we will get an deep insight how he began to learn writing some code in his young age. So allow us to introduce him further.Continue reading
RetroArch (PS4) R3 Released: New libretro Cores Added (Dramcaset / Jaguar / ScummVM /) + Source CodeFollowing the initial release of R1 and the followup of R2, developer @OsirisX has just released R3 for the PS4 Port of RetroArch with new core being added, various bug fixes to go along and also a release of the promised source code is included as well.. The new update provides ps4 support for Flycast (Sega Dreamcast), Bettle PSX, Virtual Jaguar, ScummVM, Stella-2014 (Atari 2600), Vectrex and SameBoy are the new cores included (emulation like dreamcast is experimental and many games have speed issues) in this release This update is based on RetroArch v1.8.4 and the Core Updater has been enabled, multi-controller Support has been added (up to 4 can be used), previous R1/R2 only one controller was supported. Also some cores that need have added support for keyboard and mouse controls. This port has evolve quite nicely and should be even better with now the source code release and likely will becomes part of the official release as this is still considered an "unofficial" port, but likely to become the official port.
Also the developer has created a Core Updater, which provides another method to update the cores. It help keeps the main pkg lite and you can also download indvidual cores via RetroArch itself as that bug of downloading cores has been fixed. See all the latest details below pertaining to the R3 release.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: