The RetroArch emulation project continues to evolve, now progressing to version 1.7 across most supported platforms. This includes updates for the PS3, PSP & VITA/PSTV with various changes across each port. Looking at the PS3 port there has been some new changes and fixes that included a much improved font rendering, Now HTTP request are working which allows for some features such as Downloads & Core Updater to now be utilized on the PS3 Port & a ton of new changes and fixes. The PSP port seen a number of fixes and improvements, the first task was to get this port working again and a fix to content loading has made the port usable, then also the audio syncing issues have now been resolved. Also 64MB can now be used when avaiable and to round out the PSP changes and to segue in the VITA/PSTV changes the PSP port can now be used on Vita's Adrenaline and also for PS Vita / PlayStation TV you can now enjoy improved installation times and improved packaging of the homebrew: Checkout all the misc. changes and changes to other ports in the full RetroArch v1.7 Changelog
RetroArch 1.7.0 has just been released! Grab it here.
We here at RetroArch/Libretro wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
If you’d like to show your support, consider donating to us. Check here in order to learn more.
- CHEEVOS: Add badges for achievements, shows thumbnail images of achievements.
- CHEEVOS: Leaderboard support
- CHEEVOS: Only disable savestates on hardcore mode if achievements are not available.
- COMMANDLINE: Fix fullscreen toggle switch.
- COMMON: Add ‘Automatically Load Content To Playlist’ feature, enabled by default.
- COMMON: Fix slowmotion ratio always being reset back to 1.
- COMMON: Optimized NBIO implementations now for Apple, Windows, and Linux. Uses mmap for Linux/Windows/BSD if/when available. File I/O should now be much faster for loading images inside the menu.
- COMMON: Native Blissbox support now for latest firmware as of writing (2.0). Implementation through libusb and/or native Windows HID.
- COMMON: New lightgun API.
- COMMON: New VFS (Virtual File System) API.
- COMMON: Fixed some playlist bugs.
- COMMON: New snow shader.
- COMMON: Fix Quick Menu title, no longer shows ‘Select File’.
- COMMON: Fix loading cores that require no content one after another.
- COMMON: Map Delete key to Y button for non-unified menu keyboard controls.
- COMMON: Fix for relative paths being normalised and generating a duplicate history entry.
- EMSCRIPTEN: Fix references to browserfs.
- FREEBSD: Support libusb HID input driver.
- HAIKU: Buildfix.
- INPUT: Map clear button to DEL key.
- LINUX/X11: Add RetroArch logo to window title bar.
- LINUX/X11: Input driver now supports new lightgun code.
- LINUX/X11: Support window transparency (requires a compositing window manager).
- LOBBIES: Fix for crash on join netplay rooms via touch / glui.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Portuguese-Brazilian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Polish translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation.
- MENU: Snowflake menu shader effect.
- OSX/PPC: Fix the GL2 renderchain, had to use EXT versions of framebuffer/renderbuffer functions.
- PS3: HTTP requests / downloads should now work.
- PS3: Core Updater now works.
- PS3: Improved font rendering, enable STB Unicode font renderer.
- PSP: Make it work with Vita’s Adrenaline.
- PSP: Fix audio sync.
- PSP: Fix content loading, port should be functional again.
- PSP: Use 64MB when available.
- SCANNER: Fix crash from Windows-incompatible format string.
- VITA: Improve packaging, installation times.
- WIIU: Disabled the controller patcher for now since it was the source of many stability issues.
- VULKAN: Various stability fixes for WSI.
- WINDOWS: Add MSVC 2017 solution.
- WINDOWS: Get rid of the empty console window in MSVC 2010 builds.
- WINDOWS: Raw input driver now supports new lightgun code.
- WINDOWS: Use configured OSD/text message color on GDI driver.
- WINDOWS/XINPUT: Populate XInput VID/PID from DInput so autoconfig doesn’t rely solely on joypad names
- WINDOWS/XINPUT: Fix crash that occurs in some situations with Steam running and a Steam Controller plugged in.
- WINDOWS: Improve version reporting under System Information.
- WINDOWS: Support window transparency.
- WINDOWS: Correct usage of GetWindowPlacement per MS docs, fixes game window position on Win95/98.
- WINDOWS: Added Visual Studio 2017 support.
So many important improvements that have been made to the PlayStation3 port as a result of our newfound friendly collaboration with an RPCS3 dev:
Improved PlayStation 3 port
clienthax from the @rpcs3 team has helped us significantly improve RetroArch PS3! Core Updater, netplay and downloading assets and other files is now supported! And you can run it with the @rpcs3 emulator itself of course!
- Downloads now work
- Netplay now works. You can netplay between two PS3s, or with another system that is also of the big-endian architecture. For instance – netplay between RetroArch PS3 and RetroArch Wii U works. NOTE: There might still be some endian-specific code in certain cores that can cause bugs.
- Content Downloader works. You can download many demos and freeware homebrew games from this.
- Thumbnail Downloader works. You can download boxarts and titles/snaps for your games from here.
- Core Updater works. Now you can directly download freshly updated cores directly through the built-in Core Updater. New cores will be added over time, and best of all, you don’t need to install a new RetroArch version in order to obtain these new cores either.
- Improved font rendering inside the menu. Non-Western languages are now also supported by this improved font rendering, including Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Russian, etc.
PSP port works again
RetroArch PSP will work again for version 1.7.0 thanks to @frangar! This is a picture of it running inside the standalone version of PPSSPP, the PSP emulator.
There’s a ton more that we have properly not covered in this blog article, but we leave it up to the user to discover that for themselves.
What’s coming next for RetroArch
We will have a separate blog post on this soon, as well as more separate blog articles detailing some of the other progress that has been made on the cores front.
Downloads @: retroarch.com
Source (& FULL v1.7 Release Notes): libretro.com
Update NEW DL Links & Version (v1.7.1)
PlayStation News RetroArch v1.7 Release: PS3 / PSP / VITA / PlayStation TV Ports Updated + Other Platforms
By STLcardsWS on Dec 26, 2017 at 3:19 PM
4.85 Flash Writer Released (CFW PS3 Models Only) - Now go from 4.85 OFW to 4.85 HFW to a 4.85 CFWIt looks like the 4.85 landscape is starting to take shape now as developer's around the scene have been updated the homebrew, utilities and tools that require updates (not all things require updates) and now the PS3Xploit Team released one of the missing pieces. The Flash Writer for 4.85 HFW has now arose and now you can make the jump from 4.85 OFW >> 4.85 HFW >> Execute Flash Writer >>> Install a 4.85 CFW. This release (utility) is ONLY for PlayStation 3 models that can install a Custom FirmWare, if your model can not install a CFW then look at PS3HEN as the next best alternative to cfw, which the team has an update around the corner as well (stay tuned for that soon), but back to the Flash Writer, If your are new to the tool that is executed from the PS3 Internet Browser, it simply provides those cfw capable models with the ability to install a Custom Firmware after the tool has done its magic to your console's internal flash. However, you must follow all instructions for a clean installation to avoid any issues during the process on the fully softmod exploit..Continue reading
ManaGunZ v1.36 & v1.37: NEW PS3HEN Support , New Features & 4.85 (CEX) Support by ZarDeveloper @Zar made an update for 4.85 firmware (cex) support for the popular ps3 homebrew ManaGunZ, but also late last month the developer made a huge update, that has added many new features to the popular Game Manager that always comes equipped with plenty of other features for your exploited PS3. Not only is this homebrew for CFW any longer, but since v1.36 ManaGunZ is now both compatible with PS3 Custom FirmWare and also PS3HEN, also zar did not stop there as there has been tons of new additions (seen in the changelogs provided below) and various fixes/optimizations have been brought forward as well in these recent updates that have emerged from developer @Zar. Checkout all the latest details below surrounding ManaGunZ for the PS3.Continue reading
IRISMAN + webMAN MOD - Updated with 4.85 CEX SupportDeveloper @aldostools recently updated two great projects of his with 4.85 firmware (cex) support. When the releases appeared over at brewology.com they were added to the 4.85 Update/CFW thread > here < but i wanted to get something up on the mainpage for the two apps as there are staples in the PS3 library of homebrew fame. For those whom may be new to PS3 homebrew, IRISMAN is a Game Manager (aka Backup Manager) that provides many features, While multiMAN / IRISMAN & ManaGunZ are all excellent Game Manager's they are all unique from each other, while all sharing the essentials. So no choice of the three is a bad one, but all 3 are different, IRISMAN is a fork from an earlier PS3 Homebrew Manager called IRIS Manager by Estwald & D_Skywalk but aldostools has taken the foundation of that project to new levels by adding a TON of functionality,.. Which bring us to Aldostools other project of webMAN MOD which is a fork of deank's original webMAN plugin. deank made a spectacular foundation and down right great plugin, but as the scene advanced developer aldostools stepped in with other devs and formed webMAN MOD fork and since that forked spawned developer aldostools has created one hell of a plugin with tons of functionality and great features. This plugin allow offers more features then all Sony Firmware updates combined and that is even close to being a discussion. These are to great projects to explore if you have not.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
All in one - Scans a package folder and serves them onto your PS3's XMB, Breaking the 4GB barrier!