Last time when we reported release of beta build RetroArch Vita, a lot of thing wasn't working yet. But even then there was visible progress since Rejuvenate hack releases. Today after almost two months from our latest report, a lot of new things are done. Playstation 1 emulation is finally working, and users reporting that even games that not working on official Sony emulator from 3.18 FW are working now. 4 player support on PS TV with RetroArch Vita, and Tyrquake is now working. Many new emulators, and many optimizations done to old ones.
Still is a lot to improve but progress until now is huge. XMB menu layout well known for almost all Playstation consoles users is finally included in Vita/PSTV builds, Every core with multiplayer support already is working in that mode on PSTV. RetroArch is growing in to new features very fast, and it's look like devs didn't said last word yet! Big thanks to main Vita build maintainer frangarcj, and everyone involved in RetroArch development.
Below list can vary in every nightly release, because nightly releases are still improved. Sometimes you can also notice some slowdowns, or speedups on different nightly releases. This is normal, as nightly releases are for testing purposes and sometime developers trying something new. And later revert changes if is not working as it should.
- Atari 2600 (Stella): Working at full speed.
- Atari 7800 (ProSystem): Working at full speed.
- Genesis (Genesis Plus GX): Working at full speed.
- Genesis (PicoDrive): ~60fps, Working at full speed.
- Genesis 32X (PicoDrive): Low fps, but working.
- NES (FCEUmm): Working at full speed.
- NES (Nestopia): Working little bit worst than FCEUmm but still very good
- PC Engine (Mednafen): Working Very good, almost full speed
- PlayStation (PCSX Re-ARMed): Getting now ~30 fps which mean is full playable
- SNES (Snes9x 2005): Looks like best SNES solution for now, full speed in most games.
- SNES (Snes9x 2005+): Very good framerate, but worst than 2005 without "plus"
- SNES (Snes9x 2010): ~40fps on standard games.
- Sega Saturn (Yabause): Very low framerate, probably not gonna be better.
- Vectrex: Full speed
- Atari Lynx (Handy): Full speed
- Game Boy (Gambatte/TGBDual): Full speed
- Game Boy Advance (GPSP): Running very good, but still not at full speed in many games
- Game Boy Advance (VBA Next): Running good, but still not at full speed
- Neo-Geo Pocket (Color) (MednaFen): Full speed
- Virtual Boy (MednaFen): 25fps-30fps.
- WonderSwan (Mednafen): Full speed on WonderSwan, Very good speed on WonderSwan Color roms.
- Final Burn Alpha: Varies by ROMset, generally better performance than MAME however. But still can be better
- CPS1 (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- CPS2 (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- Neo-Geo (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- MAME (0.37b5): Varies by ROMset, generally full speed in most cases, possibly slower than FBA yet slightly more accurate(?).
- MAME (0.78): Running roms below half of original fps. Still need optimizations
- MS-DOS (DOSBox): Still doesn't seem to work (core is loading correctly, but not running exe)
- ZX81 (81): ?
- ZX Spectrum (Fuse): Full speed.
- 2048 (Logical game created by Gabriele Cirulli): Working.
- Cave Story (NXEngine): Full speed.
- DOOM (PrBoom): Full speed.
- Quake (TyrQuake): With default pak0/pak1.pak, 40fps-50fps, adjustable in settings.
In latest builds libretro developers made a lot of improvements to cores itself. But what new features are added from latest beta?
- Save/Load-States are currently working
- 4 player support now on PS TV with RetroArch Vita, and Tyrquake
- XMB user interface
- Local split screen link cable multiplayer gameplay on TGB Dual
- PS TV 2-player support in all cores
Checkout also our RetroArch Vita Thread with additional information: Link
Download: Latest Nightly / PCSX ReARMed standalone
Source(s): Libretro Forums / GBATemp / Libretro Twitter
PS VITA / PS TV RetroArch Vita - progress from latest beta, psx emulation, and more
By kozarovv on Sep 26, 2016 at 1:37 PM
[Update August 19th] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebeUPDATE (August 19) - Now the 29th Video Released >>> The next PS3 NVidia RSX accelerated X.org steps
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
Advanced Power Options (v1.10) Released: A XMB MOD for all CFW & HENA handy XMB (main menu) modification for the PlayStation 3 that is now compatible with either CFW (Custom FirmWare) or HEN (Homebrew ENabler) has been updated to v1.10 with a new name as well. This project has seen contributions from various developer's that include @DeViL303, @kozarovv, @mysis @Joonie and @lmn7 and collectively have created Advance Power Options (v1.10). This sleek mod allows for additional Power Options to be displayed and executed with ease from the comfort of the XMB. The new inclusions for your XMB will include a fast Shut Down (no conformation is asked), A Soft Reboot (a faster reboot, doesn't completely shutdown system) or a Hard Reboot (which shuts down slower, as it's a complete system restart). Plus, the mod provides a few additional Advanced Options and these include the ability to Reboot in Recovery Mode (which can be a handy feature, as the official method from Sony involves a process of holding the power button down on your console for awhile), If you desire even faster access to a few functions within the Recovery Mode the devs have you covered here as well as there is options to Rebuild Database or Check the File-System on reboot by selection those included options on the XMB as well. For HEN user's that about sums up things, but CFW user's you have one more additional function which is optional but Also included is an optional pkg to Boot into OtherOS. Overall, this is a great collection of work and a superb modification for your PS3's XMB to add new functionality. View a preview of this mod before installing it, by checking out the developer's YouTube video included below (video coverage is of v1.04) to get an idea of what this mod is all about for CFW and now HEN user's also. Continue reading
PCSX-R (PS4 Port) - PlayStation (PS1 on PS4) Emulator by ZnullptrThis news is a bit late but wanted to get everyone caught up on this project for the PlayStation 4 as Developer Znullptr (David Miller) has recently developed a new emulator port for exploited PS4 console (currently 5.05 being the latest exploitable firmware in public) called PCSX-R which as you may of guessed is a PlayStation 1 emulator. The developer has said he ceased emulation development (source code release is planned) on the PS4 but we have seen a few tweets (1, 2) that could suggest he is still working on a few things (like a mednafen port that maybe is a better options for PS1 gameplay(?) ) but that remains to be seen. This PS1 emulator port seems to be working good enough to play many titles (some issue's are outlined below in the notes by markus95). PS4 gameplay footage can viewed in the videos provided below. So far we have seen this emulation developer soft release several PoC emulators for the PS4 that have included Yabause (A Sega Saturn Emulator w/ speed issue's) / Reicast (DreamCast w/ speed issue's) & ,mGBA (GameBoy Advance). Since this is an early concept and build you have to manually swap your roms for a game you want to play, details about the process can be seen below courtesy of @Markus95 .Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Neeta panchal
MegaMan- War of the Past OpenBOR OPL ready ISO -Neill Corlett