Last time when we reported release of beta build RetroArch Vita, a lot of thing wasn't working yet. But even then there was visible progress since Rejuvenate hack releases. Today after almost two months from our latest report, a lot of new things are done. Playstation 1 emulation is finally working, and users reporting that even games that not working on official Sony emulator from 3.18 FW are working now. 4 player support on PS TV with RetroArch Vita, and Tyrquake is now working. Many new emulators, and many optimizations done to old ones.
Still is a lot to improve but progress until now is huge. XMB menu layout well known for almost all Playstation consoles users is finally included in Vita/PSTV builds, Every core with multiplayer support already is working in that mode on PSTV. RetroArch is growing in to new features very fast, and it's look like devs didn't said last word yet! Big thanks to main Vita build maintainer frangarcj, and everyone involved in RetroArch development.
Below list can vary in every nightly release, because nightly releases are still improved. Sometimes you can also notice some slowdowns, or speedups on different nightly releases. This is normal, as nightly releases are for testing purposes and sometime developers trying something new. And later revert changes if is not working as it should.
- Atari 2600 (Stella): Working at full speed.
- Atari 7800 (ProSystem): Working at full speed.
- Genesis (Genesis Plus GX): Working at full speed.
- Genesis (PicoDrive): ~60fps, Working at full speed.
- Genesis 32X (PicoDrive): Low fps, but working.
- NES (FCEUmm): Working at full speed.
- NES (Nestopia): Working little bit worst than FCEUmm but still very good
- PC Engine (Mednafen): Working Very good, almost full speed
- PlayStation (PCSX Re-ARMed): Getting now ~30 fps which mean is full playable
- SNES (Snes9x 2005): Looks like best SNES solution for now, full speed in most games.
- SNES (Snes9x 2005+): Very good framerate, but worst than 2005 without "plus"
- SNES (Snes9x 2010): ~40fps on standard games.
- Sega Saturn (Yabause): Very low framerate, probably not gonna be better.
- Vectrex: Full speed
- Atari Lynx (Handy): Full speed
- Game Boy (Gambatte/TGBDual): Full speed
- Game Boy Advance (GPSP): Running very good, but still not at full speed in many games
- Game Boy Advance (VBA Next): Running good, but still not at full speed
- Neo-Geo Pocket (Color) (MednaFen): Full speed
- Virtual Boy (MednaFen): 25fps-30fps.
- WonderSwan (Mednafen): Full speed on WonderSwan, Very good speed on WonderSwan Color roms.
- Final Burn Alpha: Varies by ROMset, generally better performance than MAME however. But still can be better
- CPS1 (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- CPS2 (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- Neo-Geo (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- MAME (0.37b5): Varies by ROMset, generally full speed in most cases, possibly slower than FBA yet slightly more accurate(?).
- MAME (0.78): Running roms below half of original fps. Still need optimizations
- MS-DOS (DOSBox): Still doesn't seem to work (core is loading correctly, but not running exe)
- ZX81 (81): ?
- ZX Spectrum (Fuse): Full speed.
- 2048 (Logical game created by Gabriele Cirulli): Working.
- Cave Story (NXEngine): Full speed.
- DOOM (PrBoom): Full speed.
- Quake (TyrQuake): With default pak0/pak1.pak, 40fps-50fps, adjustable in settings.
In latest builds libretro developers made a lot of improvements to cores itself. But what new features are added from latest beta?
- Save/Load-States are currently working
- 4 player support now on PS TV with RetroArch Vita, and Tyrquake
- XMB user interface
- Local split screen link cable multiplayer gameplay on TGB Dual
- PS TV 2-player support in all cores
Checkout also our RetroArch Vita Thread with additional information: Link
Download: Latest Nightly / PCSX ReARMed standalone
Source(s): Libretro Forums / GBATemp / Libretro Twitter
PS VITA / PS TV RetroArch Vita - progress from latest beta, psx emulation, and more
By kozarovv on Sep 26, 2016 at 1:37 PM
HAN Toolbox v0.7 - Now Supporting 4.84 (HFW - Hybrid Firmware)The popular XMB MOD that brings alot of new functionality to the XMB for PS3Xploit HAN user's has been updated to version v0.7 by @ShaolinAssassin who has been building upon @DeViL303 & @pink1 creation. With the recent release of HFW (Hybrid Firmware) that has brought PS3Xploit Hacks (like HAN) to 4.84 OFW, it was time for a new update to HAN Toolbox to support the new hybrid firmware with the release of v7.0.
In this update an assist goes to @imn7 for various features like Offline Rebooter,Offline 4.84 File Copier -Offline Temperature Reader & Database Rebuilder (4.82/4.84) , other additions include -PS3Xploit Basic tools urls updated PS3Xploit Extra tools urls updated Continue reading
(UPDATE) IRISMAN 4.84.2 - Now Supports CFW 3.41 - 4.84 on CEX/DEX/ DEHUpdate (March -24-2019) to v4.84.2 by Aldostools
Expanding Firmware Support + Includes the updated MAMBA
( here is the link for MAMBA/PRX Loader standalone that has also been updated by Aldostools)
Following the update to webMAN MOD that provided support for 4.84 (CEX) Custom Firmware developer @aldostools was also directing another update for one of his other popular projects for the PS3, the backup manager known as IRISMAN. Like webMAN MOD is a fork to webMAN (by deank), IRISMAN is a fork of Iris Manager (by Estwald) that builds on a great foundation but offer a lot functionality and support not found in the original project. Like so many backup managers they serve as the All-in-One utilities for the jailbroken console.,The PS3 has no shortage of solutions, but in my mind there is a 3 headed monsters that leads the pack when it comes to a manager's choice. MultiMAN / IRISMAN / ManaGunZ are 3 very useful and feature rich managers and all are quite unique from each others and while there is some similarities in some features they provide, plenty of exclusive features are contained in their arsenals. You really can not go wrong with any of those three choices and no harm in trying all of them to see what suite you best,
In IRISMAN you will find a very functional file manager along with FTP support for transferring your files from the PC to the PS3 , MAMBA loader is also incorporated and with this feature it gives your Standard CEX CFW many COBRA CFW like features by injecting the MAMBA payload into your CFW, With this homebrew you can even enjoy other multimedia features like launching Retro Roms for RetroArch along with many other great features that can be found in this popular choice on the PS3 (CFW required),Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.14 - New Script Commands /Disable PS3 Beeps /boot_plugins_nocobra.txt Support /....
Since the release of webMAN MOD v1.47.12 developer @aldostools has progressed the plugin with 2 additional updates, providing additional support and features for the plugin, New options to execute script commands at any time,. The developer note's that it now possible to execute multiple web commands using this new feature. Also support for /boot_plugins_nocobra.txt (on 4.84 Starbuged CFW). A variety of other inclusions have also been added to get the full low down on the updates on this plugin checkout the changelogs included below from developer @aldostoolsContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
PS2 SCUMM VM (LAST USB+IHD compatible version) think you can still find this elsewhere, COMPARE THEMScummVM Emulator (even the ScummVM website and Sourceforge dont have this version :) -UniqueUserName