Last time when we reported release of beta build RetroArch Vita, a lot of thing wasn't working yet. But even then there was visible progress since Rejuvenate hack releases. Today after almost two months from our latest report, a lot of new things are done. Playstation 1 emulation is finally working, and users reporting that even games that not working on official Sony emulator from 3.18 FW are working now. 4 player support on PS TV with RetroArch Vita, and Tyrquake is now working. Many new emulators, and many optimizations done to old ones.
Still is a lot to improve but progress until now is huge. XMB menu layout well known for almost all Playstation consoles users is finally included in Vita/PSTV builds, Every core with multiplayer support already is working in that mode on PSTV. RetroArch is growing in to new features very fast, and it's look like devs didn't said last word yet! Big thanks to main Vita build maintainer frangarcj, and everyone involved in RetroArch development.
Below list can vary in every nightly release, because nightly releases are still improved. Sometimes you can also notice some slowdowns, or speedups on different nightly releases. This is normal, as nightly releases are for testing purposes and sometime developers trying something new. And later revert changes if is not working as it should.
- Atari 2600 (Stella): Working at full speed.
- Atari 7800 (ProSystem): Working at full speed.
- Genesis (Genesis Plus GX): Working at full speed.
- Genesis (PicoDrive): ~60fps, Working at full speed.
- Genesis 32X (PicoDrive): Low fps, but working.
- NES (FCEUmm): Working at full speed.
- NES (Nestopia): Working little bit worst than FCEUmm but still very good
- PC Engine (Mednafen): Working Very good, almost full speed
- PlayStation (PCSX Re-ARMed): Getting now ~30 fps which mean is full playable
- SNES (Snes9x 2005): Looks like best SNES solution for now, full speed in most games.
- SNES (Snes9x 2005+): Very good framerate, but worst than 2005 without "plus"
- SNES (Snes9x 2010): ~40fps on standard games.
- Sega Saturn (Yabause): Very low framerate, probably not gonna be better.
- Vectrex: Full speed
- Atari Lynx (Handy): Full speed
- Game Boy (Gambatte/TGBDual): Full speed
- Game Boy Advance (GPSP): Running very good, but still not at full speed in many games
- Game Boy Advance (VBA Next): Running good, but still not at full speed
- Neo-Geo Pocket (Color) (MednaFen): Full speed
- Virtual Boy (MednaFen): 25fps-30fps.
- WonderSwan (Mednafen): Full speed on WonderSwan, Very good speed on WonderSwan Color roms.
- Final Burn Alpha: Varies by ROMset, generally better performance than MAME however. But still can be better
- CPS1 (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- CPS2 (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- Neo-Geo (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- MAME (0.37b5): Varies by ROMset, generally full speed in most cases, possibly slower than FBA yet slightly more accurate(?).
- MAME (0.78): Running roms below half of original fps. Still need optimizations
- MS-DOS (DOSBox): Still doesn't seem to work (core is loading correctly, but not running exe)
- ZX81 (81): ?
- ZX Spectrum (Fuse): Full speed.
- 2048 (Logical game created by Gabriele Cirulli): Working.
- Cave Story (NXEngine): Full speed.
- DOOM (PrBoom): Full speed.
- Quake (TyrQuake): With default pak0/pak1.pak, 40fps-50fps, adjustable in settings.
In latest builds libretro developers made a lot of improvements to cores itself. But what new features are added from latest beta?
- Save/Load-States are currently working
- 4 player support now on PS TV with RetroArch Vita, and Tyrquake
- XMB user interface
- Local split screen link cable multiplayer gameplay on TGB Dual
- PS TV 2-player support in all cores
Checkout also our RetroArch Vita Thread with additional information: Link
Download: Latest Nightly / PCSX ReARMed standalone
Source(s): Libretro Forums / GBATemp / Libretro Twitter
PS VITA / PS TV RetroArch Vita - progress from latest beta, psx emulation, and more
By kozarovv on Sep 26, 2016 at 1:37 PM
PS3 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) 4.84.1 - PS3Xploit HAN & Flash Tools Restored for 4.84 OFW usersHuge News as the PS3 exploit ladder has taken a step up into 4.84 rung, with a new approach to bring back PS3Xploit functionality on 4.84. With a Hybrid Firmware (NOT A CFW) that can be installed on ANY MODEL PS3 over any Official Firmware (OFW) version. .The only thing this modified firmware essentially does is bring back the patched webkit from OFW 4.82 that was an entry point for PS3Xploit, if you recall when 4.84 was released developers @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w stated the exploit was not actually patched but rather only the webkit entry used was removed in 4.83+ which rendered the actual exploit unreachable (not patched and could be restored). Now the webkit is back for 4.84 OFW thanks to this new clever magic that has allowed OFW user's to use and install this slightly modified Firmware.
So, what does all this mean? Now Its just like it was back in 4.82 before PS3Xploit was patched you will be able to install a CFW (on a CFW compatible model) and for those unfortunate user's that does not have a CFW Compatible model (i.e. SuperSlim/late slims) you have will have access to the HAN exploit . So for new user's or ones that updated, here is your second chances thanks to the efforts of the PS3Xploit Team and to @Joonie (waved magic wand on files), @habib (for valuable input on this project) and @esc0rtd3w (work in porting ps3xploit tools to 4.84) and the PS3XploitContinue reading
Milestone Update for Orbital - An PS4 Emulator by @AlexAltea - now with (very first) Video Output!Nearly a year ago, Developer @AlexAltea showcased us an early-stage Version from his own PS4 Emulator called Orbital. The very first Version was on a minimal stage by running several code examples on a Terminal within Linux only but this was already impressive since as you probably know, both the PS4 and standard Computers shares the same x86 CPU Architecture. But the CPU isn't the only thing the PS4 shares with a standard PC. Since you need also a lot of GPU Power to run your Games on a Console for General, it is getting quite usual that those big players like NVIDIA or AMD are collaborating with the Console Manufacturers to deliver them with special-designed Graphics Processing Units for the Consoles you own. Even when we talk about "Special" GPU's, you already recognized by yourself that if you go further in newer Console Generations, you realized that the internal GPU used inside each Console is having more and more similarities compared to a standard GPU. With that result in mind, Developer @AlexAltea showcased yesterday that his Emulator Orbital is capable of running the Safe Mode of the PS4 together with getting a Video Output from that mentioned Safe Mode as well, which leads to the point that his Emulator showcased the very first Video Output from a PS4 emulated by a PC! Do I have to say more? Continue reading
4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ COBRA 8.01) - New update in from Habib
Following the introduction of 4.84 STARBUGED CFW for the PS3, which also gave us the introduction of Cobra v8.0x from developer @habib, Has now followed up that cfw release with 4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ Cobra 8.01) that contains some more candy for the scene. As the developer has provided new features once again with this update with the ability to Hardcode Kernel Plugins, which can be useful for things like MAMBA (a Cobra Alternative) as it can not be ran as a kernel plugin. Down below you will see the technical aspects of what this update has provided from Ps3 CFW Developer @habib.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: