Last time when we reported release of beta build RetroArch Vita, a lot of thing wasn't working yet. But even then there was visible progress since Rejuvenate hack releases. Today after almost two months from our latest report, a lot of new things are done. Playstation 1 emulation is finally working, and users reporting that even games that not working on official Sony emulator from 3.18 FW are working now. 4 player support on PS TV with RetroArch Vita, and Tyrquake is now working. Many new emulators, and many optimizations done to old ones.
Still is a lot to improve but progress until now is huge. XMB menu layout well known for almost all Playstation consoles users is finally included in Vita/PSTV builds, Every core with multiplayer support already is working in that mode on PSTV. RetroArch is growing in to new features very fast, and it's look like devs didn't said last word yet! Big thanks to main Vita build maintainer frangarcj, and everyone involved in RetroArch development.
Below list can vary in every nightly release, because nightly releases are still improved. Sometimes you can also notice some slowdowns, or speedups on different nightly releases. This is normal, as nightly releases are for testing purposes and sometime developers trying something new. And later revert changes if is not working as it should.
- Atari 2600 (Stella): Working at full speed.
- Atari 7800 (ProSystem): Working at full speed.
- Genesis (Genesis Plus GX): Working at full speed.
- Genesis (PicoDrive): ~60fps, Working at full speed.
- Genesis 32X (PicoDrive): Low fps, but working.
- NES (FCEUmm): Working at full speed.
- NES (Nestopia): Working little bit worst than FCEUmm but still very good
- PC Engine (Mednafen): Working Very good, almost full speed
- PlayStation (PCSX Re-ARMed): Getting now ~30 fps which mean is full playable
- SNES (Snes9x 2005): Looks like best SNES solution for now, full speed in most games.
- SNES (Snes9x 2005+): Very good framerate, but worst than 2005 without "plus"
- SNES (Snes9x 2010): ~40fps on standard games.
- Sega Saturn (Yabause): Very low framerate, probably not gonna be better.
- Vectrex: Full speed
- Atari Lynx (Handy): Full speed
- Game Boy (Gambatte/TGBDual): Full speed
- Game Boy Advance (GPSP): Running very good, but still not at full speed in many games
- Game Boy Advance (VBA Next): Running good, but still not at full speed
- Neo-Geo Pocket (Color) (MednaFen): Full speed
- Virtual Boy (MednaFen): 25fps-30fps.
- WonderSwan (Mednafen): Full speed on WonderSwan, Very good speed on WonderSwan Color roms.
- Final Burn Alpha: Varies by ROMset, generally better performance than MAME however. But still can be better
- CPS1 (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- CPS2 (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- Neo-Geo (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- MAME (0.37b5): Varies by ROMset, generally full speed in most cases, possibly slower than FBA yet slightly more accurate(?).
- MAME (0.78): Running roms below half of original fps. Still need optimizations
- MS-DOS (DOSBox): Still doesn't seem to work (core is loading correctly, but not running exe)
- ZX81 (81): ?
- ZX Spectrum (Fuse): Full speed.
- 2048 (Logical game created by Gabriele Cirulli): Working.
- Cave Story (NXEngine): Full speed.
- DOOM (PrBoom): Full speed.
- Quake (TyrQuake): With default pak0/pak1.pak, 40fps-50fps, adjustable in settings.
In latest builds libretro developers made a lot of improvements to cores itself. But what new features are added from latest beta?
- Save/Load-States are currently working
- 4 player support now on PS TV with RetroArch Vita, and Tyrquake
- XMB user interface
- Local split screen link cable multiplayer gameplay on TGB Dual
- PS TV 2-player support in all cores
Checkout also our RetroArch Vita Thread with additional information: Link
Download: Latest Nightly / PCSX ReARMed standalone
Source(s): Libretro Forums / GBATemp / Libretro Twitter
PS VITA / PS TV RetroArch Vita - progress from latest beta, psx emulation, and more
By kozarovv on Sep 26, 2016 at 1:37 PM
Meet "PSVshell" - a very beautiful and useful Overclocking Plugin by ElectryThe PlayStation Vita was a "powerful" Handheld Console back when it was released by the end of 2011 - wow, already 8 years old btw . But claiming by Sony that it can bring you the same power and good Gaming Experience like a Home Console, soon many people found out that this isn't the case for all Games released. But luckily, thanks to the great Homebrew Community behind the PSVita, we already saw in the past many "Overclocking Plugins", which can bring you the full potential to your PSVita, even more powerful than Sony would allowed. But sometimes, even those weren't perfect . Either they slowed down your Games when in use, they crashed the whole System or it was just some simple things like that the whole Screen was "crowded" with the Details of each of your setting everytime when you needed to change them. But the cool thing is, this Homebrew Community hears your complaints. So Developer Electry worked on that and introduced his very own Overclocking Plugin - it's "yet another overclocking plugin" to quote him - by fixing all those problems mentioned before. And the coolest thing is, it looks pretty damn good and it's very useful as well, if you ask me!Continue reading
PS-Phwoar! (for 5.05): A new Exploit Host Menu (with PS4 Home inspired theme) by LeefulWe re-tweeted this when it was released a week or so ago but wanted to get something up on the news page about this project, Developer leeful has recently released a new Exploit Host menu for serving up the essential payloads for exploited PS4 (5.05) Consoles's. This host menu theme is based on the PS4's main home screen bringing a seamless look. The host menu contains descriptions of various payloads it provides (which is about all) that will provide alot of features when executed such as Fan Controls, Linux Loader, Mod Menu's, firmware spoof, Update blocks ect.. You can see many of the payloads included in the sceenshots attached. Various methods to using this exploit host menu are available , see additional details in the installation tab below about using this new host menu:.Continue reading
Mednafen v0.3 (PS4 Homebrew) - Multi-System Emulator adds support for new emulationThere has been a PS4 developer's known as Znullptr who has ported several emulators to the PS4 (jailbroken) already with systems like the Sega Saturn, Dreamcast & PS1 to name a few of the ps4 homebrew ports present on the GameOS side of the console (ps4). We know already that emulation via PS4 Linux is capable of running many more emulators like RetroArch (Linux) for example, but lets be honest ps4linux can be a bit of process to get up and running when you power on your console for some quick convient play. So when we see new things on the PS4's main menu that is exciting to see, when its in regards to emulation especially.
This time around the dev decided to port a popular multi-system emulator, no not RetroArch but Mednafen, originally the port was released some weeks ago by port developer Znullptr and presented to us by Markus95 and since @Markus95 has seen presented some improvements with regards to the cfg file that has fixed several broken platforms (Virtual Boy, WonderSwan & WonderSwan Color) due to the control scheme that was not compatible with the DualShock 4 layout, with a re-configured "mednafen.cfg" file those issue are eliminated. There has been 4 player support added also and a few new tweaks Markus95 plans on addressing via future tweaks of the cfg file.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
Boots to "APPS". Art can be 320x480 (exactly 1/2 screen). Theme for CoverArt lovers -UniqueUserName