Last time when we reported release of beta build RetroArch Vita, a lot of thing wasn't working yet. But even then there was visible progress since Rejuvenate hack releases. Today after almost two months from our latest report, a lot of new things are done. Playstation 1 emulation is finally working, and users reporting that even games that not working on official Sony emulator from 3.18 FW are working now. 4 player support on PS TV with RetroArch Vita, and Tyrquake is now working. Many new emulators, and many optimizations done to old ones.
Still is a lot to improve but progress until now is huge. XMB menu layout well known for almost all Playstation consoles users is finally included in Vita/PSTV builds, Every core with multiplayer support already is working in that mode on PSTV. RetroArch is growing in to new features very fast, and it's look like devs didn't said last word yet! Big thanks to main Vita build maintainer frangarcj, and everyone involved in RetroArch development.
Below list can vary in every nightly release, because nightly releases are still improved. Sometimes you can also notice some slowdowns, or speedups on different nightly releases. This is normal, as nightly releases are for testing purposes and sometime developers trying something new. And later revert changes if is not working as it should.
- Atari 2600 (Stella): Working at full speed.
- Atari 7800 (ProSystem): Working at full speed.
- Genesis (Genesis Plus GX): Working at full speed.
- Genesis (PicoDrive): ~60fps, Working at full speed.
- Genesis 32X (PicoDrive): Low fps, but working.
- NES (FCEUmm): Working at full speed.
- NES (Nestopia): Working little bit worst than FCEUmm but still very good
- PC Engine (Mednafen): Working Very good, almost full speed
- PlayStation (PCSX Re-ARMed): Getting now ~30 fps which mean is full playable
- SNES (Snes9x 2005): Looks like best SNES solution for now, full speed in most games.
- SNES (Snes9x 2005+): Very good framerate, but worst than 2005 without "plus"
- SNES (Snes9x 2010): ~40fps on standard games.
- Sega Saturn (Yabause): Very low framerate, probably not gonna be better.
- Vectrex: Full speed
- Atari Lynx (Handy): Full speed
- Game Boy (Gambatte/TGBDual): Full speed
- Game Boy Advance (GPSP): Running very good, but still not at full speed in many games
- Game Boy Advance (VBA Next): Running good, but still not at full speed
- Neo-Geo Pocket (Color) (MednaFen): Full speed
- Virtual Boy (MednaFen): 25fps-30fps.
- WonderSwan (Mednafen): Full speed on WonderSwan, Very good speed on WonderSwan Color roms.
- Final Burn Alpha: Varies by ROMset, generally better performance than MAME however. But still can be better
- CPS1 (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- CPS2 (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- Neo-Geo (FinalBurnAlpha): Full speed
- MAME (0.37b5): Varies by ROMset, generally full speed in most cases, possibly slower than FBA yet slightly more accurate(?).
- MAME (0.78): Running roms below half of original fps. Still need optimizations
- MS-DOS (DOSBox): Still doesn't seem to work (core is loading correctly, but not running exe)
- ZX81 (81): ?
- ZX Spectrum (Fuse): Full speed.
- 2048 (Logical game created by Gabriele Cirulli): Working.
- Cave Story (NXEngine): Full speed.
- DOOM (PrBoom): Full speed.
- Quake (TyrQuake): With default pak0/pak1.pak, 40fps-50fps, adjustable in settings.
In latest builds libretro developers made a lot of improvements to cores itself. But what new features are added from latest beta?
- Save/Load-States are currently working
- 4 player support now on PS TV with RetroArch Vita, and Tyrquake
- XMB user interface
- Local split screen link cable multiplayer gameplay on TGB Dual
- PS TV 2-player support in all cores
Checkout also our RetroArch Vita Thread with additional information: Link
Download: Latest Nightly / PCSX ReARMed standalone
Source(s): Libretro Forums / GBATemp / Libretro Twitter
PS VITA / PS TV RetroArch Vita - progress from latest beta, psx emulation, and more
By kozarovv on Sep 26, 2016 at 1:37 PM
[UPDATE] RetroArch v1.8.4: PS Vita & PSP Ports "massively increased core collection"The RetroArch project keeps evolving and has been updated to v1.8.3 (UPDATE: Now on v1.8.4 [16th January 2020] - see Changelog for more Information) as a number of new improvements come to both the PS Vita & PSP ports. Developer's and libretro contributors from all over have been elevating the emulation project. In particular @frangar and @fjtrujy are coupe of the devs who have been porting new cores to the PSP. Now MAME 2000, freeIntv, TGB Dual and Handy are some new libretro cores running in the PSP port. Then the PS Vita port has seen performance improvements for MAME 2000, 2003 and 2003_plus. Additional details below and also on the official blog post linked below.
vitaQuakeIII v0.9 Released - Data Files Downloader Added + "Urban Terror" support addedRinnegatamante has released version 0.9 of VitaQuakeIII for your homebrew enabled PS Vita for when your on the go or your PlayStation TV / Vita TV when your gaming away on the big screen. Either way this is an enjoyable homebrew port. In this version marked as 0.9 the developer has added an Automatic Data FIle Downloader when data files are not present. This makes the release much easier to install and setup and a nice edition to the vita homebre. There has been alot of attention to performance as well in this update the addition of dynamic libraries support for OpenArena core has provided a significant boost. Also, this update provides some experimental support for Urban Terror. This add-on is multiplayer, but as the vita port developer explains in the release notes provided below there will be some issue as outlined due to this was a release designed for the PC and the Rinnegatamante had to do quite a bit of work to get it running on the Vita:Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.26 updated by AldostoolsA smal update has arrived to the popular PS3 plugin that comes packed with tons of functionality. webMAN MOD has been updated from developer @aldostools with the release of version 1.47.26. This is not a huge update but the dev has pushed a fixed to a "gamepad combo" issue that was reported by wmm user gosseux,The problem seemed to occur if combo "select+up/down" was disabled it also was disabling "Select+O" button combo. This since has been fixed with this new update, also there was a requested feature added. That feature (syscall command via web) should not be used unless you know you are doing as there could be some issue occur if used incorrectly. So its a use at your own risk feature . More about that feature can be seen in the changelog provided below.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: