PS3 RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - November 2018 Progress Report

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Roxanne, Dec 29, 2018.

By Roxanne on Dec 29, 2018 at 4:16 PM
  1. 187
    Roxanne

Roxanne Moderator

Home Page:
    Christmas is over and the Year 2018 is coming to an end, but we have still to Talk about the Progress Reports for RPCS3 from November and December. While they released their Report for November today, their hard work still shows that with every new month, their Emulator is showing huge improvements by getting more and more Games running within the Emulator. Last month was no exception. In fact, the Team behind this wonderful Project (which you can still support by the way) celebrates a new milestone for November since it is the first time, that the percentage of Video Games in their Compatibility List have been risen above >80% for Titles, which are both "Playable" and "Ingame". Just in case if you wonder what this means now, it implies that from 3038 Game Titles for the PS3, you can load and play with exactly 2444 of them with minor or even no issues at all. Isn't this impressive? Well, I don't know what you feel now but when I read this high amount of Games which are supported, I needed to savor this slowly with my tongue. But way more needles to say is the fact that wich such a hard work this Team is keeping up, the gamble has already paid off not only for the Team behind this Project, but also for the whole community and I think we can already say that playing PS3 Games on a PC isn't just a niche anymore.​

rpcs3.png

• Progress Report: November 2018

This is our longest improvements video to-date showcasing a huge number of AAA exclusives improving over November and October!

For the first time, the percentage of games in the Ingame and Playable categories have risen above 80%. This marks yet another milestone in game compatibility for RPCS3. As the accuracy and performance improves, we will see this ratio improve even further! Thanks to the intensive testing done by our testers this month, 95 games were moved out of Intro and Loadable categories. Also, multiple duplicate titles across all categories were identified and merged, improving the overall accuracy of the compatibility list. Finally, the elusive Nothing category has dropped to just 4 games. For a more detailed look, you can view the compatibility history page to see exactly which games had their status changed this month.

compatA_Nov2018.png
      compatB_Nov2018.png

Full Progress Report: rpcs3.net/blog/
    Additional details about RPCS3: https://rpcs3.net/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Nekotekina

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Roxanne, Dec 29, 2018.