Safest way to play online on 4.84 CFW? PSNpatch or SEN enabler? Blocking domains?

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by turnip, Mar 15, 2019.

1. 4
    turnip

turnip Forum Noob

I'm new to the PS3 scene. I have Rebug 4.84.1 REX installed, which contains Cobra v8.01. What is the safest way to play online (with minimal risk of ban)? I shall not be using mods or cheats or anything like that. I do not have an account yet, nor I ever had one. Being able to download game demos and apps like Youtube would be nice too (I've seen that no-PSN patched apps exist as well).

1. PSNpatch or SEN enabler? Or can webMAN-MOD do the same functions?

2. Do they support 4.84 and COBRA v8.01? Or should I use a different CFW with Cobra v7.55?

3. What settings should I use?

4. I read something about webMAN or webMAN-MOD needing to be installed to /dev_flash to avoid detection? How is that done?

5. Should games be only in ISO format (instead of folder)? Does that matter? Is it OK to load games via PS3netsrv?

6. I saw that webMAN-MOD has a feature "Scan for games on the stealth folder /video", should I do that?

7. I understand I should block some domains using Charles Proxy or similar, are these three enough? Will it block future update notifications?
    Thank you!

2. 4
    turnip

turnip Forum Noob

8. I've also heard about needing to use modified EBOOT files for games to prevent spying? Any info on that?