It appears the ScummVM Team has officially named developer Cpasjuste as the official "maintainer" of the ScummVM Port, This emulator will take back in time to those classic point and click games, this emulator playing a variety of classic games the full list can be view on the official site (scummvm.org) via the Comparability Chart . The official team (and various unofficial ports) can be seen across many platforms such as the Dreamcast, Windows, PSP, PS3, to just name a few of the supported ports, so its great to see the team officially adopt the PS Vita / PlayStation TV port. View the vita port details and specifics in the release details provided ..
ScummVM Vita (Official)
ScummVM has been ported to the Sony PlayStation Vita by Cpasjuste. The information contained on this page is based on readme-psp2.md. The only available Vita package at the moment is the daily build from the buildbot at psp2-master-latest.zip. Version 1.10.0 will be the first stable Vita release once it is finished.
- A homebrew enabled PlayStation Vita / PlayStation TV / Vita TV console.
- At least one ScummVM supported game. The list of compatible games can be seen here: http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/
- The page Where to get the games references some places where those games can be bought. Demonstration versions for most of the supported games are downloadable on http://scummvm.org/demos/
- From a computer, download the installable package here psp2-master-latest.zip.
- Unzip and copy the .vpk file it to the PlayStation Vita and install it.
- The user manual describes how to add games to ScummVM and launch them: User ManualNote: Saves are written in the ux0:/data/scummvm/saves folder.
- Left stick Mouse
- R + Left stick Slow Mouse
- Cross Left mouse button
- Circle Right mouse button
- DPad Cursor Keys (useful for character motion)
- R + DPad Diagonal Cursor Keys
- L Trigger Game menu (F5)
- R Trigger Shift (used to enable Mass Add in menu)
- Square Period '.' (used to skip dialog lines)
- R + Square Space ' '
- Triangle Escape (used to skip cutscenes)
- R + Triangle Return
- Start ScummVM's global in-game menu
- Select Toggle virtual keyboard
- R + Select AGI predictive input dialog
Building From Source
This port of ScummVM to the PSP2 is based on SDL2. It uses the open source SDK VITASDK.
The dependencies needed to build it are:
Once all the dependencies are correctly setup, an installable package can be obtained from source by issuing the following command:
- The toolchain from https://github.com/vitadev/vdpm
- zlib, libpng, libjpeg-turbo, libogg, libvorbis, flac, curl, openssl, freetype, from https://github.com/vitadev/vdpm
- libmad from https://github.com/Cpasjuste/libmad-psp2
- SDL2 from https://github.com/Cpasjuste/SDL-Vita
- ScummVM from https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm
- The fbo branch of libvita2d from https://github.com/frangarcj/vita2dlib/tree/fbo/libvita2d , copied under new names libvita2d_fbo.a in $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi-gcc/lib and vita2d_fbo.h in $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi/include. The renaming is necessary to prevent conflict with the official vita2d lib that comes with the VitaSDK.
- The pre-compiled gtu release of vita-shader-collection from https://github.com/frangarcj/vita-shader-collection/releases, copy all headers to $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi/include and the library libvitashaders.a to $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi/lib
./configure --host=psp2 && make psp2vpk
- Unauthorized distribution of an installable package with non freeware games included is a violation of the copyright law and is as such forbidden.
- Xavier from consoleX for donating a ps vita device
- xerpi for initial SDL2 port
- VITASDK and henkaku developers
Vita-Port Official Forum: via scummvm.org
PS VITA / PS TV ScummVM (Vita) - Now an Official ScummVM Port !!!
By STLcardsWS on Mar 14, 2017 at 9:08 PM
4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) CFW by AlexanderThe PS3 4.85 CFW landscape is gathering some familiar names after a bit of a slow start after the 4.85 OFW Update, We seen Rebug Lite released last week, Now we have cfw developer @Alexander releasing 4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) Custom Firmware for the PS3 (for models capable of cfw installs). This is an updated version of Alexander's FERROX brand containing all the usual's like XMB MOD installer for extra features like the CyberModding Homebrew Store, while updating to 4.85 and also the latest cobra version 8.20 that debuted on Rebug 4.85 Lite. Checkout the latest details of this release from Cybermodding's @LizZo belowContinue reading
4.85.1 REBUG LITE CFW with new COBRA v8.2 ReleasedDeveloper Joonie of Team Rebug has announced today the latest cfw release (following 4.84.2 rex) of the REBUG brand. This is not the iconic REX flavor of PS3 Custom Firmware, which is a hybrid of dex/cex, In order for the creation of REX, the team is dependent and still in search for file's needed for the creation of REX (4.85 DEX PUP). However, they have the LITE version (a CEX based Cobra CFW) ready to go for 4.85 user's seeking a new 4.85 CFW. This is a welcomed update from Team Rebug as the 4.85 PS3 CFW landscape has been a bit light in choices (for 4.85). So having the developer's with one of the best name's in Custom,Firmware development is great to see now as an available option. Also, they have updated the Cobra payload to now version 8.2 & also the Rebug Toolbox has been updated (toolbox addon requires installation in "install package files" pkg is waiting for you there after installing REBUG) You can checkout all the feature's/patche's in the provided list below for this PlayStation 3 Custom FirmWare and then checkout full details/documentation of the release at rebug.me the official website (direct link found at bottom of article).Continue reading
[Update] multiMAN 04.85.01 - Official Update from deank adds 4.83-4.85 CFW Support + PS3HEN SupportUPDATE 04.85.01 - Improved PS3HEN Support Added
Original: Appears that developer @deank has pushed an official update for the popular PS3 Homebrew known as multiMAN (or mM). We have not seen an official update since firmware 4.82 (albeit from some unofficial modified version, that were not ideal), there was not much of a need for an update since the previous official update of 4.82 worked fine as is on 4.83 /4.84 / 4.85. In that time Sony's changes in 4.8x era of firmware were minimal and presented little changes for the PS3. The only thing that was missing was firmware detection of 4.83 and greater, as it was impossible for the application to know the offsets of future firmware's. However, deank quietly pushed an update via the applications online update. This new update provides official support for CFW 4.83 - 4.85 which will recognize and properly fix the cosmetic issue and display the new firmware presents.
Other then that its the same old classic multiMAN, which is not a bad thing as this was and still is an iconic applications for the PS3. This powerful Homebrew is packed with tons of functionality for your cfw enabled PS3, Regarding support for PS3HEN user's I am not sure as of writing this if this version supports PS3HEN fully, (see 04.85.01 update) nothing is mentioned so we should not assume. On brewology there is an unofficial multiMAN 4.84 PS3HEN version (* in previous releases), but not sure how compatible many of the feature are (maybe we could have user's comment below with some feedback regarding ps3hen) PS3HEN user's in general should also realize that many PS3 Homebrew apps were created with CFW in mind. so there can be compatibility issue with some features..Note that ManaGunZ is supporting PS3HEN w/ a special PS3HEN mode that will disable the CFW features.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Abdul Malik Unar
MegaMan- War of the Past OpenBOR OPL ready ISO -Neill Corlett