It appears the ScummVM Team has officially named developer Cpasjuste as the official "maintainer" of the ScummVM Port, This emulator will take back in time to those classic point and click games, this emulator playing a variety of classic games the full list can be view on the official site (scummvm.org) via the Comparability Chart . The official team (and various unofficial ports) can be seen across many platforms such as the Dreamcast, Windows, PSP, PS3, to just name a few of the supported ports, so its great to see the team officially adopt the PS Vita / PlayStation TV port. View the vita port details and specifics in the release details provided ..
ScummVM Vita (Official)
ScummVM has been ported to the Sony PlayStation Vita by Cpasjuste. The information contained on this page is based on readme-psp2.md. The only available Vita package at the moment is the daily build from the buildbot at psp2-master-latest.zip. Version 1.10.0 will be the first stable Vita release once it is finished.
- A homebrew enabled PlayStation Vita / PlayStation TV / Vita TV console.
- At least one ScummVM supported game. The list of compatible games can be seen here: http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/
- The page Where to get the games references some places where those games can be bought. Demonstration versions for most of the supported games are downloadable on http://scummvm.org/demos/
- From a computer, download the installable package here psp2-master-latest.zip.
- Unzip and copy the .vpk file it to the PlayStation Vita and install it.
- The user manual describes how to add games to ScummVM and launch them: User ManualNote: Saves are written in the ux0:/data/scummvm/saves folder.
- Left stick Mouse
- R + Left stick Slow Mouse
- Cross Left mouse button
- Circle Right mouse button
- DPad Cursor Keys (useful for character motion)
- R + DPad Diagonal Cursor Keys
- L Trigger Game menu (F5)
- R Trigger Shift (used to enable Mass Add in menu)
- Square Period '.' (used to skip dialog lines)
- R + Square Space ' '
- Triangle Escape (used to skip cutscenes)
- R + Triangle Return
- Start ScummVM's global in-game menu
- Select Toggle virtual keyboard
- R + Select AGI predictive input dialog
Building From Source
This port of ScummVM to the PSP2 is based on SDL2. It uses the open source SDK VITASDK.
The dependencies needed to build it are:
Once all the dependencies are correctly setup, an installable package can be obtained from source by issuing the following command:
- The toolchain from https://github.com/vitadev/vdpm
- zlib, libpng, libjpeg-turbo, libogg, libvorbis, flac, curl, openssl, freetype, from https://github.com/vitadev/vdpm
- libmad from https://github.com/Cpasjuste/libmad-psp2
- SDL2 from https://github.com/Cpasjuste/SDL-Vita
- ScummVM from https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm
- The fbo branch of libvita2d from https://github.com/frangarcj/vita2dlib/tree/fbo/libvita2d , copied under new names libvita2d_fbo.a in $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi-gcc/lib and vita2d_fbo.h in $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi/include. The renaming is necessary to prevent conflict with the official vita2d lib that comes with the VitaSDK.
- The pre-compiled gtu release of vita-shader-collection from https://github.com/frangarcj/vita-shader-collection/releases, copy all headers to $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi/include and the library libvitashaders.a to $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi/lib
./configure --host=psp2 && make psp2vpk
- Unauthorized distribution of an installable package with non freeware games included is a violation of the copyright law and is as such forbidden.
- Xavier from consoleX for donating a ps vita device
- xerpi for initial SDL2 port
- VITASDK and henkaku developers
Vita-Port Official Forum: via scummvm.org
PS VITA / PS TV ScummVM (Vita) - Now an Official ScummVM Port !!!
By STLcardsWS on Mar 14, 2017 at 9:08 PM
4.85 Flash Writer Released (CFW PS3 Models Only) - Now go from 4.85 OFW to 4.85 HFW to a 4.85 CFWIt looks like the 4.85 landscape is starting to take shape now as developer's around the scene have been updated the homebrew, utilities and tools that require updates (not all things require updates) and now the PS3Xploit Team released one of the missing pieces. The Flash Writer for 4.85 HFW has now arose and now you can make the jump from 4.85 OFW >> 4.85 HFW >> Execute Flash Writer >>> Install a 4.85 CFW. This release (utility) is ONLY for PlayStation 3 models that can install a Custom FirmWare, if your model can not install a CFW then look at PS3HEN as the next best alternative to cfw, which the team has an update around the corner as well (stay tuned for that soon), but back to the Flash Writer, If your are new to the tool that is executed from the PS3 Internet Browser, it simply provides those cfw capable models with the ability to install a Custom Firmware after the tool has done its magic to your console's internal flash. However, you must follow all instructions for a clean installation to avoid any issues during the process on the fully softmod exploit..Continue reading
ManaGunZ v1.36 & v1.37: NEW PS3HEN Support , New Features & 4.85 (CEX) Support by ZarDeveloper @Zar made an update for 4.85 firmware (cex) support for the popular ps3 homebrew ManaGunZ, but also late last month the developer made a huge update, that has added many new features to the popular Game Manager that always comes equipped with plenty of other features for your exploited PS3. Not only is this homebrew for CFW any longer, but since v1.36 ManaGunZ is now both compatible with PS3 Custom FirmWare and also PS3HEN, also zar did not stop there as there has been tons of new additions (seen in the changelogs provided below) and various fixes/optimizations have been brought forward as well in these recent updates that have emerged from developer @Zar. Checkout all the latest details below surrounding ManaGunZ for the PS3.Continue reading
IRISMAN + webMAN MOD - Updated with 4.85 CEX SupportDeveloper @aldostools recently updated two great projects of his with 4.85 firmware (cex) support. When the releases appeared over at brewology.com they were added to the 4.85 Update/CFW thread > here < but i wanted to get something up on the mainpage for the two apps as there are staples in the PS3 library of homebrew fame. For those whom may be new to PS3 homebrew, IRISMAN is a Game Manager (aka Backup Manager) that provides many features, While multiMAN / IRISMAN & ManaGunZ are all excellent Game Manager's they are all unique from each other, while all sharing the essentials. So no choice of the three is a bad one, but all 3 are different, IRISMAN is a fork from an earlier PS3 Homebrew Manager called IRIS Manager by Estwald & D_Skywalk but aldostools has taken the foundation of that project to new levels by adding a TON of functionality,.. Which bring us to Aldostools other project of webMAN MOD which is a fork of deank's original webMAN plugin. deank made a spectacular foundation and down right great plugin, but as the scene advanced developer aldostools stepped in with other devs and formed webMAN MOD fork and since that forked spawned developer aldostools has created one hell of a plugin with tons of functionality and great features. This plugin allow offers more features then all Sony Firmware updates combined and that is even close to being a discussion. These are to great projects to explore if you have not.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Max rikov