It appears the ScummVM Team has officially named developer Cpasjuste as the official "maintainer" of the ScummVM Port, This emulator will take back in time to those classic point and click games, this emulator playing a variety of classic games the full list can be view on the official site (scummvm.org) via the Comparability Chart . The official team (and various unofficial ports) can be seen across many platforms such as the Dreamcast, Windows, PSP, PS3, to just name a few of the supported ports, so its great to see the team officially adopt the PS Vita / PlayStation TV port. View the vita port details and specifics in the release details provided ..
ScummVM Vita (Official)
ScummVM has been ported to the Sony PlayStation Vita by Cpasjuste. The information contained on this page is based on readme-psp2.md. The only available Vita package at the moment is the daily build from the buildbot at psp2-master-latest.zip. Version 1.10.0 will be the first stable Vita release once it is finished.
- A homebrew enabled PlayStation Vita / PlayStation TV / Vita TV console.
- At least one ScummVM supported game. The list of compatible games can be seen here: http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/
- The page Where to get the games references some places where those games can be bought. Demonstration versions for most of the supported games are downloadable on http://scummvm.org/demos/
- From a computer, download the installable package here psp2-master-latest.zip.
- Unzip and copy the .vpk file it to the PlayStation Vita and install it.
- The user manual describes how to add games to ScummVM and launch them: User ManualNote: Saves are written in the ux0:/data/scummvm/saves folder.
- Left stick Mouse
- R + Left stick Slow Mouse
- Cross Left mouse button
- Circle Right mouse button
- DPad Cursor Keys (useful for character motion)
- R + DPad Diagonal Cursor Keys
- L Trigger Game menu (F5)
- R Trigger Shift (used to enable Mass Add in menu)
- Square Period '.' (used to skip dialog lines)
- R + Square Space ' '
- Triangle Escape (used to skip cutscenes)
- R + Triangle Return
- Start ScummVM's global in-game menu
- Select Toggle virtual keyboard
- R + Select AGI predictive input dialog
Building From Source
This port of ScummVM to the PSP2 is based on SDL2. It uses the open source SDK VITASDK.
The dependencies needed to build it are:
Once all the dependencies are correctly setup, an installable package can be obtained from source by issuing the following command:
- The toolchain from https://github.com/vitadev/vdpm
- zlib, libpng, libjpeg-turbo, libogg, libvorbis, flac, curl, openssl, freetype, from https://github.com/vitadev/vdpm
- libmad from https://github.com/Cpasjuste/libmad-psp2
- SDL2 from https://github.com/Cpasjuste/SDL-Vita
- ScummVM from https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm
- The fbo branch of libvita2d from https://github.com/frangarcj/vita2dlib/tree/fbo/libvita2d , copied under new names libvita2d_fbo.a in $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi-gcc/lib and vita2d_fbo.h in $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi/include. The renaming is necessary to prevent conflict with the official vita2d lib that comes with the VitaSDK.
- The pre-compiled gtu release of vita-shader-collection from https://github.com/frangarcj/vita-shader-collection/releases, copy all headers to $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi/include and the library libvitashaders.a to $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi/lib
./configure --host=psp2 && make psp2vpk
- Unauthorized distribution of an installable package with non freeware games included is a violation of the copyright law and is as such forbidden.
- Xavier from consoleX for donating a ps vita device
- xerpi for initial SDL2 port
- VITASDK and henkaku developers
Vita-Port Official Forum: via scummvm.org
PS VITA / PS TV ScummVM (Vita) - Now an Official ScummVM Port !!!
By STLcardsWS on Mar 14, 2017 at 9:08 PM
ReDream (DreamCast Emulator) Early Stages of porting to VITA & PSTV (RetroArch) from RinnegatamanteDeveloper Rinnegatamante whom we recently interviewed in the Power Supply Series and who has ported a Nintendo 64 emulator to the PS Vita / PS TV recently with the release of Deadalus x64. Has another emulation project that many will be excited, especially after seeing the progress of d x64's n64 emulation so far. Now ReDream (A Sega Dreamcast Emulator) is being ported to the PS Vita as a libretro core running on RetroArch (Vita), so far its early progress, but looks like potential could be untapped from a developer who has some experience with the platform and emulation porting. So far its rendering in the early stages, stay tuned.. Also what is your favorite Dreamcast Game or memories let us know belowContinue reading
ManaGunZ v1.38 - 4.86 CFW (CEX) / HEN Support + Picture Viewer + several fixes from developer ZarFollowing the previous update of ManaGunz, homebrew developer and creator @Zar of the project has updated the popular ps3 homebrew to version 1.38, this update provides full 4.86 support (CFW CEX + HEN). Also in this update an added feature for viewing pictures (PictureViewer) in various formats that include DDS / GTF / BMP / WEBP / TIFF / GIM / TGA and other's as well. This update also provides several fixes; now in the file manager within ManaGunZ the scroll bar is now visible, also a fix to a language bug has been provided. See all the changes in this latest update in a popular AIO homebrew manager. multiMAN and IRISMAN are great choices as well for the PS3 but ManaGunZ is a popular choice as well. All 3 apps give a very diiferent approach and unique experience and also exclusive features.
Developer @Zar still have plans for the project and some features in development did not make the cut in this version but could seen possiably in a future update as the developer states with this release here in the psx-place forums that " The features I was working on, like dump BR, are disabled because I didn't finish yet.". So that is something that hopefully we see from this hobbyist developer when time allows. Until then checkout what the developer has brought us in v1.38 below in the included changelogContinue reading
Developer @TheoryWrong talks about "OrbisSWU" - An interesting approach for Downgrading your PS4 ???Remember back in the old days when instead of installing an Kernel/Web-Exploit like nowadays, you asked "how I can install an Custom Firmware (CFW)" or something like "how I can Downgrade my Console"? Of course, todays attempts aren't that bad since you get a similar functionality in terms of running Homebrew for instance, but not quite for 100% compared to the old days. Especially not when we talk about the possibilities of modifying a PlayStation 3 compared to the PlayStation 4 today. In fact, there was a time where everyone wanted to "Downgrade" his/her PS3 from an higher System Firmware (OFW) to bring the functionality of Homebrew back to their PS3. Or can you remember when your Blu-ray Drive wasn't working anymore due to its age or because of an failed Downgrade process so everytime when you wanted to install a newer, higher CFW, it failed with displaying an error message and you had to install those "noBD" CFWs? While the latter one was already achieved for older Firmwares below <4.75 in the past, it will be still interesting to achieve both a Downgrading possibility and a "noBD" support for higher Firmwares on a PS4 as well. The good thing is, well-known Developer @TheoryWrong asked the same question to himself. And it gets even better; he is ready to show his progress so far So lets have a look at it. Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
MegaMan- War of the Past OpenBOR OPL ready ISO -Neill Corlett