Sega Genesis Collection (Switch)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by pinky, Jul 7, 2019.

1. 11,643
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

does this sound like a rip off? https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/sega-genesis-classics-switch/

I mean the genesis mini comes out in like two months. however, I would really like to play phantasy star iv again. I've been going through a really difficult time this past month or two, so I'd really like to relax with something. I did buy okami hd and sega ages phantasy star on the eshop last week. anyway, $30 kinda sounds expensive.

Neal Cullum likes this.
  2. 5,702
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    I'd say so especially since you have other means of playing these games bud. But in the end it is truly up to you. The Genesis Mini seems like it's gonna be a great system due to the line up of games. It has me excited but I stick to emulation with my PSC as it does this better then most. I just worry about sound emulation something that has plagued Genesis emulation over the years but that's mainly because the system has so many vastly different hardware revisions to cut down on cost.

pinky likes this.
  3. 7,570
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Same price as on Steam, ans PSN. $30 is not so bad, they have in common (publishers?) to release those kind of retro collections in full game prices, like 60$.

pinky likes this.
  4. 11,643
    pinky

both the mini and that collection have an impressive line up.

atreyu187 likes this.
  5. 11,643
    pinky

I went ahead and bought it, so it's probably downloading to my system at this very moment. I'm not sure if I would play those games on the genesis mini. I have an nes/snes classic that I mostly bought as a collector's item. I hacked both of them. I'm not very interested in doing that to the psx classic.

6. 11,643
    pinky

I played through a couple dungeons in phantasy star iv, so maybe 30 minutes over the past couple days. it does bring back some memories. though, I had forgotten how clumsy equipping things was. the shop doesn't tell you which items are more powerful, and the status screen lumps all items together.

7. 11,643
    pinky

I'm only like 2-3 hours into phantasy star iv. it's a lot more difficult than I remember it being. I'm in a dungeon now where enemies can inflict 40hp with a critical hit, and I only have about 70hp for each of my four party members. maybe I missed a shop? there doesn't appear to be one in the village I'm in.

I've also been playing bloodstained (the new one). it's a bit buggy. I was hoping for a new update like they promised, but now it's been over a month. :-/ I have my system set up to download all software updates when they're available. I did buy the dlc as well.