Server

Discussion in 'Homebrew Development' started by ISAK.M, Mar 11, 2019.

1. 371
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    Is it possible to create a server on PC that the PS3 can connect to like it would connect to PSN?
    I am specifically thinking about a GT6 Server as the official ones are down forever :(

This will most likely take alot of knowledge of programming and all that, if it's even possible. I currently suck at programming (I know how to make "Hello World" atleast) so I can't do anything, but I am just wondering, is it possible ;)

2. 371
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    Hello anyone? :confused:

3. 234
    RandomDude

RandomDude Member

Short Answer: No.
    Once the game servers are down it's down. There's nothing you can do to bring it back up.

Do it only if you have interest. It's okay facing problems. Everyone starts from zero. Which language have you opted?, python's the best for getting started.

4. 371
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    But Nintendo Wifi Connection was replicated...
    https://wiimmfi.de/
    Isn't it possible for the PS3 aswell?
    I have already started with Python a while ago and I am in the works of a script already. I have also started with C# just this week.
    I actually have a Python book that I got as a gift for my birthday a year or maybe two years ago. I did some stuff back then and then I did nothing for like a year then I did something again and now I have started again. :)
    Hopefully I will stick to this now and not just give up like the last two times :)
    EDIT: The "I suck at programming" was maybe not an accurate statement as I know more then "Hello World", but I always have to search how to do stuff, which means I don't know anything. :(

5. 3,654
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

The only PS3 game as far i know that was reverse engineered up to the point where they was able to connect to a "custom" online play server was one of the metal gears (dont remember which one at this point)

But this was achieved by doing a hard work of reverse engineering it, and just because the game allowed it to be "patched" for this hack

The "patchs" they used could be different for other games, and it could happen that the game doesnt allows to be patched