We have seen developer @deank cooking up some nice brew lately, the latest creation of sLaunch has now evolved into a new plugin called sMAN, bringing the original vision of the developer to this single plugin containing webMAN & sLaunch, rather then having two separate plugins loaded at boot time (like the preview releases) deank uses a single plugin slot while making sLaunch an even faster sprx loaded dynamically. For simplicity, he concatenated into just one file called sman.sprx the various sprx parts of the app (rawseciso/netiso/slaunch/sman) as well as the html parts of the XMB "Sman Games" feature. If you like to use this alternative UI for loading games, then you should use the sMAN plugin going forward, if you like the traditional way (w/ My Games) then you can use the XMB feature or simply switch to the webMAN plugin as both version will still available for users.
- sMAN Release Quote via deank
- Additional Notes/Comments from deank
- Video/Screenshot (preview version "sLaunch")
Now, let's move forward to the next step...
Later today I'll release the "sMAN" - which is webMAN + sLaunch in one plugin. The reason - this is what webMAN was supposed to be - the way I wanted to be since day one:
- Use only one plugin slot
- Use about 128KB less vsh memory (about 384KB total vsh memory)
- Support for /dev_usb000 to /dev_usb128
- No need for boot delays for scanning usb drives
- No need for XML generation, "refresh xml" or other complicated tasks
- No need for the "My Games" entry in XMB (no need for custom category_game.xml)
- Simplified setup page, eject/unmount/rescan/grouping options available within sMAN's front-end (sLaunch)
- Support for over 1000 games
- FTP/WEB/NTFS/NETISO support by the sMAN's back-end (webMAN)
- Simple use in any cobra compatible CFW by adding sman.sprx to boot_plugins.txt without modifying other files
- The front-end (menu) is not using resources when not active (opposed to slaunch.sprx)
- Updated - it now supports switching groups/content-type (ALL/PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/VIDEO) - press the [SQUARE] button.
p.s. The features in bold will be gradually introduced for easier transition for the users who decide to switch to sMAN.
Edit: eventually deank decided to add the XMB "Webman Games" feature to sMan as many end users were asking for it.
It brings back the old XML creation problem he originally wanted to get rid of however it works quite well.
The only real glitch in sMan 1.11n (& in the latest wMM actually) is found with a limited number of ntfs hdd where the partition cannot be read using the libntfs_ext library port. Hopefully this bug should get fixed after investigation...
The XMB Game list remains optional however, to be toggled in the sMan settings page.
Random Comments about sMAN from deank
- The good thing about sMAN is that it doesn't require large amounts of memory no matter how many games you have. It can handle 2000, 3000, 5000 games even.
- sMAN is working a bit faster than sLaunch (at least it looks that way).
- If you decide to use sman.sprx - remove webftp_server.sprx and slaunch.sprx from your boot_plugins.txt. It is not possible to use them at the same time.
- Yes, fan-control is still there, because it is "webMAN" in the background. For languages - there is nothing different to webMAN - you'll have to compile it yourself with proper gui.h.
PS3 sMAN (webMAN + sLaunch) combined into a single plugin by deank
By STLcardsWS on Feb 13, 2017 at 8:55 PM
Exploiting PS4 Video Apps (to run unsign code) -- presentation coming (Dec. 28) by m0rph3us1987Developer m0rph3us1987 will be giving a talk "at #35c3 on the Chaos West stage. on December 28 and the dev will be discussing exploiting the official PS4 Video Apps. This should be a very interesting topic as the dev has stated "I'll show you how to exploit them to run your own unsigned code (regardless of the firmware version installed)" already known for his work with one of the few PS4 Homebrew's (PS4NES) and his work on the "holy grail HEN" looks to elevate the PS4 with something exciting. Will this be the event the PS4 needs, This will certainly be something to pay attention to as we get closer to the 28th later this month and i think we need all may need to say thank you to m0rph3us1987's wife Continue reading
Streets of Rage (Mod) released for PS4 by Markus95Developer @Markus95 who we know from his various projects such as Resident Evil Operation (PS3-Paintown Mod), DragonBall (PS3 - Paintown Mod & Resident Evil Code Vita to name a few projects, has now taken his talents to the PS4 and brought his along Streets of Rage MOD to an exploited PS4 Console. Adding a much needed virtual entry into the PS4 Homebrew library collection . This beat-em up style homebrew game can be ran on either 4.05 / 4.55 / 4.74 or 5.05 firmware (w/ active exploit) and of course pays homage to classic Streets of Rage series. If you had an exploited Wii / Wii U / Switch / PSP / PS Vita or a PS3 you may recall this release of this game for those platforms by @Markus95Continue reading
OpenGL ES implementation on the PS4 (Write-Up) provided by flatzPS4 homebrew development while at a sluggish pace since the PS4 was first exploited (in 1.76) does have some developer's that keep building the foundation for the scene. Developer flatz has provided and shared so many accomplishments on various devices, but the developer is one of the talented PS4 devs that is doing their part and then some to move the scene forward. In my opinion i still believe the ps4 console needs a current exploit as explained here to reach that next level and draw in more developer's and truly be a great platform for homebrew. However one of the busiest developer is doing alot following the previous coverage of OpenGL and C# code support developer flatz has now released a new Write-Up detailing the OpenGL ES implementation on the PS4. This is no doubt a good things for development of homebrew and the PS4 scene in general, but the question is how many developer are out there on the platform that will make good use of it with a new project..Obvious this is a great step forward..Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: