We have seen developer @deank cooking up some nice brew lately, the latest creation of sLaunch has now evolved into a new plugin called sMAN, bringing the original vision of the developer to this single plugin containing webMAN & sLaunch, rather then having two separate plugins loaded at boot time (like the preview releases) deank uses a single plugin slot while making sLaunch an even faster sprx loaded dynamically. For simplicity, he concatenated into just one file called sman.sprx the various sprx parts of the app (rawseciso/netiso/slaunch/sman) as well as the html parts of the XMB "Sman Games" feature. If you like to use this alternative UI for loading games, then you should use the sMAN plugin going forward, if you like the traditional way (w/ My Games) then you can use the XMB feature or simply switch to the webMAN plugin as both version will still available for users.
- sMAN Release Quote via deank
- Additional Notes/Comments from deank
- Video/Screenshot (preview version "sLaunch")
Now, let's move forward to the next step...
Later today I'll release the "sMAN" - which is webMAN + sLaunch in one plugin. The reason - this is what webMAN was supposed to be - the way I wanted to be since day one:
- Use only one plugin slot
- Use about 128KB less vsh memory (about 384KB total vsh memory)
- Support for /dev_usb000 to /dev_usb128
- No need for boot delays for scanning usb drives
- No need for XML generation, "refresh xml" or other complicated tasks
- No need for the "My Games" entry in XMB (no need for custom category_game.xml)
- Simplified setup page, eject/unmount/rescan/grouping options available within sMAN's front-end (sLaunch)
- Support for over 1000 games
- FTP/WEB/NTFS/NETISO support by the sMAN's back-end (webMAN)
- Simple use in any cobra compatible CFW by adding sman.sprx to boot_plugins.txt without modifying other files
- The front-end (menu) is not using resources when not active (opposed to slaunch.sprx)
- Updated - it now supports switching groups/content-type (ALL/PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/VIDEO) - press the [SQUARE] button.
p.s. The features in bold will be gradually introduced for easier transition for the users who decide to switch to sMAN.
Edit: eventually deank decided to add the XMB "Webman Games" feature to sMan as many end users were asking for it.
It brings back the old XML creation problem he originally wanted to get rid of however it works quite well.
The only real glitch in sMan 1.11n (& in the latest wMM actually) is found with a limited number of ntfs hdd where the partition cannot be read using the libntfs_ext library port. Hopefully this bug should get fixed after investigation...
The XMB Game list remains optional however, to be toggled in the sMan settings page.
Random Comments about sMAN from deank
- The good thing about sMAN is that it doesn't require large amounts of memory no matter how many games you have. It can handle 2000, 3000, 5000 games even.
- sMAN is working a bit faster than sLaunch (at least it looks that way).
- If you decide to use sman.sprx - remove webftp_server.sprx and slaunch.sprx from your boot_plugins.txt. It is not possible to use them at the same time.
- Yes, fan-control is still there, because it is "webMAN" in the background. For languages - there is nothing different to webMAN - you'll have to compile it yourself with proper gui.h.
PS3 sMAN (webMAN + sLaunch) combined into a single plugin by deank
By STLcardsWS on Feb 13, 2017 at 8:55 PM
CMFileManager PSP - A New PSP Homebrew Release by Joel16Considering the mess of CyanogenPSP, an old project of mine (@Joel16) that I wrote when I was around 16, I wanted to give my favorite handled one final contribution. CyanogenPSP, may *look good* and *work* well in the most part, however the code base that it uses is a huge horrible mess and I can't emphasize it any further. I'm noticing this now as I approach my final year in Computer Engineering. The file manager in it never even worked, the coding concepts used inside of it is very bad, many duplicate functions that do the same thing, no proper error handling, bad use of resources etc. I wouldn't want anyone to use that as a code base to anything, hence why I want to make one final contribution no matter how late it is. A final contribution with a clean, dev-friendly open source code base. My answer to this CM File Manager PSP - a minimalistic approach to a file manager with a variety of user friendly features. PS. I don't care how late this is, the PSP is an amazing device and I want to do this even if just 3-4 people are interested.Continue reading
PSX-Place.com - 4 years ago today we opened the site
Have you noticed that mystery timer on the mainpage counting down to this date? Well, hopefully you were not too excited as it has nothing to do with any new releases but the countdown is rather to celebrate the 4th birthday for the psx-place.com community. It was back on October 14, 2014 that we officially launched psx-place.com to the public. Since that 4 years, alot has changed in this community and its been the location for many great things in the community, This is thanks to many great people who visit these virtual hallways leaving a piece of their wisdom and supporting the community.Continue reading
OpenBOR PLUS updated to v1.248 with new improvements by White DragonThe newly released OpenBOR Plus port for the PS3 keeps on improving with the latest updates to the Game Engine coming from developer White Dragon, since the debut of this PS3 Homebrew (for CFW) there has been a number of improvements BGM Player Support, Increased Game Compatibility as games like He-Man and other with a larger Aspect Ratio now work in latest updates are just some of the enchantments to hit the port recently. Various elements are sure progressing nicely with this port since its inception and the issues overcame in development (see more about development here) have been great to witness, this dev is no doubt putting together a great and welcome addition to the PS3 Homebrew Library. What are some of your favorite games to play with this Game Engine?Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: