We have seen developer @deank cooking up some nice brew lately, the latest creation of sLaunch has now evolved into a new plugin called sMAN, bringing the original vision of the developer to this single plugin containing webMAN & sLaunch, rather then having two separate plugins loaded at boot time (like the preview releases) deank uses a single plugin slot while making sLaunch an even faster sprx loaded dynamically. For simplicity, he concatenated into just one file called sman.sprx the various sprx parts of the app (rawseciso/netiso/slaunch/sman) as well as the html parts of the XMB "Sman Games" feature. If you like to use this alternative UI for loading games, then you should use the sMAN plugin going forward, if you like the traditional way (w/ My Games) then you can use the XMB feature or simply switch to the webMAN plugin as both version will still available for users.
- sMAN Release Quote via deank
- Additional Notes/Comments from deank
- Video/Screenshot (preview version "sLaunch")
Now, let's move forward to the next step...
Later today I'll release the "sMAN" - which is webMAN + sLaunch in one plugin. The reason - this is what webMAN was supposed to be - the way I wanted to be since day one:
- Use only one plugin slot
- Use about 128KB less vsh memory (about 384KB total vsh memory)
- Support for /dev_usb000 to /dev_usb128
- No need for boot delays for scanning usb drives
- No need for XML generation, "refresh xml" or other complicated tasks
- No need for the "My Games" entry in XMB (no need for custom category_game.xml)
- Simplified setup page, eject/unmount/rescan/grouping options available within sMAN's front-end (sLaunch)
- Support for over 1000 games
- FTP/WEB/NTFS/NETISO support by the sMAN's back-end (webMAN)
- Simple use in any cobra compatible CFW by adding sman.sprx to boot_plugins.txt without modifying other files
- The front-end (menu) is not using resources when not active (opposed to slaunch.sprx)
- Updated - it now supports switching groups/content-type (ALL/PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/VIDEO) - press the [SQUARE] button.
p.s. The features in bold will be gradually introduced for easier transition for the users who decide to switch to sMAN.
Edit: eventually deank decided to add the XMB "Webman Games" feature to sMan as many end users were asking for it.
It brings back the old XML creation problem he originally wanted to get rid of however it works quite well.
The only real glitch in sMan 1.11n (& in the latest wMM actually) is found with a limited number of ntfs hdd where the partition cannot be read using the libntfs_ext library port. Hopefully this bug should get fixed after investigation...
The XMB Game list remains optional however, to be toggled in the sMan settings page.
Random Comments about sMAN from deank
- The good thing about sMAN is that it doesn't require large amounts of memory no matter how many games you have. It can handle 2000, 3000, 5000 games even.
- sMAN is working a bit faster than sLaunch (at least it looks that way).
- If you decide to use sman.sprx - remove webftp_server.sprx and slaunch.sprx from your boot_plugins.txt. It is not possible to use them at the same time.
- Yes, fan-control is still there, because it is "webMAN" in the background. For languages - there is nothing different to webMAN - you'll have to compile it yourself with proper gui.h.
PS3 sMAN (webMAN + sLaunch) combined into a single plugin by deank
By STLcardsWS on Feb 13, 2017 at 8:55 PM
PS4 Player (Media Player) by Lapy05575948From the developer who brought us PS4 Xplorer (File Manager) for our exploited PS4 capable of launching homebrew, has now dropped the latest homebrew (powered by Unity) with the release of PS4 Player from Lapy05575948. This new PlayStation 4 Homebrew is a Video Player currently in the BETA stages that provides support for the following video formats: MP4 & MOV. Also subtitles are supported in this release (in SRT format). At this moment the only supported Storage location for your media is on usb0/ . This PlayStation4 homebrew is an early beta release that is only going to improve with time. Have a suggestion or comment drop a line below in this article or tweet directly to the developer (@ Lapy05575948).Continue reading
PS4 Xplorer (file manager) v1.10 Released + Sneak peak of upcoming PS4 (media) Player by LapyDeveloper Lapy05575948 has been working on several homebrew's and ports for the PS4 using Unity 3d, we have seen the developer released various games like El Pollo 2.0 & Lapy's Chicken , but then the dev also developed a game called Save the Scene which was an original concept for the PS4 (now also ported to the PS Vita). In the recent weeks the developer turned attention to a utility, that being a file manager for the PS4. The app which was called Windows Explorer (v1.00-.05) originally and since has been renamed more appropriately PS4 Xplorer in recent updates (stating from v1.06). The homebrew is still in the BETA stage but progressing well as the developer has released multiple updates for the file manager (v1.10 currently) adding features like multilingual support / FTP Support and all the essentials for file management on the PS4.. This Homebrew runs on exploited console on firmware's 5.07 / 5.05 / 5.01 / 4.75 or 4.55 firmware Follow all the previous progress of changes in the changelogs provided below.
But wait that is not all the developer has in store for us, as another project is also in the works for the PS4., A very cool project (Ps4 Player), while its not released yet the developer is giving plenty of progress reports and some sneak peak video demos of an upcoming media player, Checkout the details and demonstrations in the tab belowContinue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - February 2019 Progress Report - Support for additional Accessories!The PS3 saw different Controller Designs and additional Accessories within it's life cycle. The early readers from this Site can probably remember how Sony themselves presented a "boomerang-styled" Controller back at E3 2005, which (sadly?) never saw a release. But as for nearly every Console, there were Game Titles, which supported to be played with additional Accessoires, sometimes they were even mandatory. Either you wanted to play specific Game Titles where a webcam tracked your motion moving by displaying it in-Game, you wanted to get better and faster Results with a Steering Wheel while Racing with other Players online with some fancy Cars, or maybe you really thought you can actually sing (which you can't of course ) so you played with some Microphones to sing various Songs in karaoke. But whichever of those mentioned Accessoires you prefered, maybe you want to use them as well when you want to emulate those Game Titles on your PC! How you might ask? Don't worry. This is one of many Improvements which this months Progress Report from the Great Team behind the RPCS3 Emulator is about. So better grab your old Guitar-Controllers and "Let's Rock'n'Roll!" Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: