Snes Classic Power Cable

Discussion in 'Retro' started by pinky, Apr 21, 2019.

1. 10,230
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I bought a 15ft micro to usb cable, and for some reason, it doesn't work with the snes classic. if I plug it into my thumb drive adapter (contains all roms and also powers the system), the power goes on, then off. if I plug the cable directly into the system, I get the hakchi logo, then a red screen. I tried the original cable with and without the adapter. without the adapter, it turns on with all games present and they work. with the adapter, all games (tested family feud, lol) work. has anyone gotten a different cable to work with the snes classic. the power cable is way too short.

2. 59
    xxxmarioxxx

xxxmarioxxx Member

Had similar problem with a linux SBC where the system will freeze randomly. Turned out the usb cable is too thin and won't deliver the required current. You can install a battery monitoring software on an old android phone and see how much current the cable can supply.

pinky likes this.
  3. 10,230
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

so you think it's the gauge of the cable? you don't think that NIntendo made it to where it can only read the orig9inal cable? it wouldn't be the first time. I read that third party docks for the switch has lead to several bricks after a certain firmware update. that's why I bought the official dock, to use downstairs while the original dock was upstairs, from nintendo's online store. hmm...