Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN [SOLVED] How do I connect my PS3 to my PC via an Ethernet cable for PKG Linker 2.0?

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by Sterz, Dec 2, 2018.

1. 29
    Sterz

Sterz Member

I've recently tried to connect my PS3 to my PC with an ethernet cable to transfer games but I couldn't get it to work. I've seen multiple tutorials but they all confuse me. Can someone help?
    I'm looking for an option that allows me to connect my laptop to my PS3 while both of them are connected to WiFi. Any help would be great!

2. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

in my personal experience easiest and fastest way to connect ps3 to pc is LAN on same network/router.if your laptop has decent wlan (more or less anything from past 7-8 years has decent wlan) you could ditch connecting laptop to a router via lan cable and go wireless and still be bottlenecked by 12-13 mb/s that's the max supported by ps3's LAN.that's not ideal by today's standards but decent enough to transfer big files to ps3.

ps3 has to be connected by lan cable to same network/router as the laptop.wlan on ps3 is painfully slow (old mid 2000's wlan standard) and it would take ages to fransfer anything bigger than 700-800mb that way.

direct connection from pc to ps3 with one lan cable is possible,but has to be configured manually,and still internet would be bottlenecked by ps3's slow wifi.

other than that,it's really easy.you need filezilla for laptop and IP adress of your ps3.set a new connection,put that ip adress and you have fastest connection possible between pc and ps3 and fastest internet that can be had on ps3.

any faster way that i know of would be external ntfs drive but that works only for ps3,psX iso's and emulation roms and videos.ps2 and psp iso's still need to be on internal hdd and ps3 games in folder form also need to be first copied to internal hdd.

3. 29
    Sterz

Sterz Member

Thanks for the suggestions but I've already gotten it done!
    If anybody wanders through this post here's what I've done:
    1. Installed XAAMP.
    2. Put PKG Linker 1.0 inside the htdocs folder of XAAMP.
    3. Connected my PS3 to my PC with an ethernet cable.
    4. Made my WiFi connection shared with ethernet cable.
    5. Setup Wired Connection on PS3 with the IP being set automatically.
    6. Opened xaamp-control.exe and turned on Apache.
    7. Opened PKG Linker 1.0 and said yes to everything except "Use built-in server?".
    8. Used the ethernet cable's IP as the server IP.
    9. Made a PKG List and sent it to the PS3 through USB Pen.
    10. Proceeded to install the list and reboot the system.
    11. Install the games! (The PKGs must be in the same folder as PKG Linker)

I'm pretty sure I went through all steps.
    Hope this helps anyone who wants a fast reliable connection between their PS3 and their PC!