PS3 (Solved) Need Help to remarry a Blu-Ray Drive

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Alamos, Feb 14, 2020.

1. 6
    Alamos

Alamos Forum Noob

Hello all !

A few months ago I bought a PS3 for cheap with the idea of fixing it. It had the optical drive missing bit was still working fine (I also opened it and cleaned it so it would not overheat).

I left the ps3 on a shelf and finally decided to give it another try a few days ago. I ordered online a new blu ray drive that was compatible with my ps3 (it's a fat ps3, CECHH model) and got it to work no problem. The system is now cleaned, updated to 4.85 and jailbroken using REBUG LITE 4.85.1 but I'm running in an issue : I can't find a way to remarry my optical drive with my motherboard.

From what I saw online there are two ways of doing it : downgrading to 3.55, going into FSM and using a USB drive to remarry the optical drive. The second way of doing it would be to extract the eid_root_key to my usb drive, go into FSM using rebug and remarry my optical drive with my usb drive containing the key. The thing is, I can't toggle my QA flag or make a backup of my key because when I try to open REBUG toolbox I just get a black screen, same for all the other apps I tried using (MultiMan, Youtube, PS Store...).

Sorry for the long thread, I'm just trying to be as specific as possible. Any help will be very appreciated :)

2. 232
    Louis Garry

Louis Garry Member

3. 232
    Louis Garry

Louis Garry Member

Algol likes this.
  4. 6
    Alamos

Alamos Forum Noob

Hello ! Just a quick update and a huge thanks to Louis Garry for the link to the Step by Step tutorial, I followed the first method and everything worked fine (just had the error CEX_drive_init() failed but didn't seem to have any impact). I tried opening the playstation store app and got no black screen. I will try to put a game in tomorrow :)

If somebody could put this thread as resolved, I'm sure it will help other ^^

Louis Garry and pink1 like this.