Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3HEN [Solved] Running PSXISO games on a PS3 with HEN v2.1

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Hyrus, May 19, 2019.

1. 6
    Hyrus

Hyrus Forum Noob

hi guys! I searched the forum before creating this thread but I found no precise info about playing PSXISO (aka PS one games) on a PS3 with the latest HEN v2 (v2.1.0 at this time).

The closest I got was THIS thread, which now is marked as *obsolete* since it was designed for HAN not HEN. I would like to know if I will be able to run a PS1 backup on IrisMan by following the steps described on the previous link or if there's an easiest way of getting the job done?

So far I've only tried to run a PS1 game by placing the .cue and the .bin files directly in the PSXISO folder. The game shows up on the IrisMan 'game list' but whenever I try to run it, I get a black screen and then the console shuts down (as well as the led indicator).

Can someone please tell me if it's possible to play PSXISO games with the following hardware, hacks and applications:
    I have a Super Slim PS3 running HFW 4.84.2, HEN 2.1.0 and IRISMAN v4.84.4 (HEN Edition).

I'm open to try other file managers you may suggest. However I opted for IrisMan because I thinks it's the only one that has been updated to have better compatibility with HEN.

Thanks so much for your help. ;)

2. 97
    Fedor Wearing A Fedora

Fedor Wearing A Fedora Member

you can use that tutorial except for the resigning part if you want your game in pkg format. Also skip this part since it's incorrect info:

Tick the "576 16:9" and "480 16:9" boxes for widescreen support.

The only thing you need to do with those parameters is this:

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/psx-games-running-slow.24256/#post-181172

For .BIN/.CUE combo i suggest using webman mod, but only for single bin games...higher compatibility with that combination than with multi bin. You can also switch between ps1 emulators (like in irisman) with a key combo before booting the mounted ps1 image.
    I advice the pkg format tho, had the most succes with that method.

T.A.U likes this.
  3. 432
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member

Irisman? Don't use it on HEN.

Use multiman instead and launch PSXISO from retro section. Works perfectly when running NTSC-UC/J games on PAL PS3 and vice versa.

T.A.U and Algol like this.
  4. 6
    Hyrus

Hyrus Forum Noob

Thanks to both of you for your replies. Based on your suggestions I will give Multiman a try and post news about my testing later today. Enjoy your Sunday.

amirzaim likes this.
  5. 6
    Hyrus

Hyrus Forum Noob

After a couple hours playing one of my favorite PS one titles, Crash Bash, I'm glad to confirm that I had no issues playing a few PSXISO games using multiMAN as suggested by @amirzaim

> For anyone interested in playing their PS1 backups on a PS3 with the latest HEN, follow these quick and easy steps:

0. Prerequisites: Install HEN v2.1.0 and multiMAN v04.82.00 on your PS3. If you're new to the PS3 hacking scene and need help check out THIS thread.
    1. Copy your game backups (the .cue and .bin files**) to a usb flash drive in the following path: X:\PSXISO\'game title' where X is your drive letter. -- (or alternatively transfer them to your PS3 hdd via FTP).
    2. Connect your USB flash drive to the right port and turn on your console.
    2. Enable HEN and run multiMAN.
    4. Go to 'retro game' icon (it's on the right of multiMAN's XMB).
    5. Your PSXISO game(s) should automatically be detected and appear here. Scroll to the game you want to play and press X to load.
    6. You'll be taken back to the PS3 XMB screen, scroll up and you'll see a black disk icon that represents your PS1 game. Press X to run and start playing.
    7. If you press the PS button while in-game, you can change a few settings; eg. switch between 'normal' and 'full screen', select either 'digital' or 'analog' input for the controller(s), enable/disable 'vibration'.

**Some notes:
    a) There might be other ways to mount PSXISOs, however I think you should try this method first because it's the easiest. >> NO need to use any tools for converting ISO to > EBOOT > and then PKG.
    b) The games I tested with this method are single .bin PSXISOs. I cannot guarantee this will work with multi-bin games.

T.A.U and Algol like this.
  6. 2
    gusta2322

gusta2322 Forum Noob

hello friends I have a problem I can not load psx games pal they stay black screen after the psx logo those of us if they load normal

7. 10
    eMcRafael

eMcRafael Forum Noob

Install the latest version of HEN. Now you are able to run PAL games on NTFS console and vice versa.

You can use ManagunZ to run your PSX ISO too. Is easier than Multiman. The games shows up in the same list to PS3 games.

Picture1.jpg

8. 5,040
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Wanna-BeTA Tester Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:

Are you using an NTFS external drive??

9. 6
    Hyrus

Hyrus Forum Noob

Hello! Thanks for replying. The issue has been solved a while ago and I was able to play my PS1 games.

I tried editing my first post and copying the steps I followed to get the job done [post #5 in this thread], however the system incorrectly detected this action as spam and didn't allow me to make any modifications. I'd appreciate if you make that little adjustement for me.
    PS - I only was able to edit the title, it now shows [Solved].:encouragement:

10. 918
    umart666

umart666 Member

on cfw IRISMAN does much better job with 16:9 scaling in PSX games than any other option available.

ayassinsayed likes this.
  11. 4,454
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Try again, is a restriction applyed to new users with a low post count, but the restriction is removed automatically when you write some more posts

12. 4,454
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Have you made a comparison about that... irisman VS managunz ?
    Im asking for curiosity sake because im not sure if the related functions are exactly the same, but both irisman and managunz are forks of iris so they shares some code

13. 918
    umart666

umart666 Member

yes,i've tried all of the methods i could think of on the same ps3 and same display.IRISMAN is by far best option in my humble opinion,especially regarding 16:9.managunz doesn't have all of the options IRISMAN has,and more importantly to me personaly IRISMAN doesn't touch the iso/bin,instead saves config file which can be easily erased if you get crazy with it and start again.

14. 97
    Fedor Wearing A Fedora

Fedor Wearing A Fedora Member

that 16:9 option you're talking about is just the stock ps/ps2 upscaler option that you can enable under game settings from your ps3 settings. If you enable that and select full screen, that's irisman's 16:9 option.

above: stock ps/ps2 full screen upscaler enabled
    below: irisman 16:9

upload_2019-6-9_21-26-42.png

15. 918
    umart666

umart666 Member

on my system there's radical difference in favour of IRISMAN.