Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

(Solved) Unable to use PS3 Web browser to access PS3Xploit site

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by straight_depth, Jun 10, 2019.

1. 2
    straight_depth

straight_depth Forum Noob

Hello all,
    I'm going through my first install of the PS3Xploit tools on my PS3 Slim (CECH2000; minver 2.70, OFW 4.84).

I've sucessfully installed HWF 4.84 twice (once via XMB, second time via recovery) with no error messages or any hangups.
    I was then going to bookmark the flash dumper/writer URLs in my PS3 web browser ahead of time in preparation for that step, but as soon as I type in the PS3xploit site URL and hit start to load the webpage, I only get the initial warning message pop-up warning (about the HAN) as normal on the website, then the entire PS3 freezes up. The cursor does not move, I cannot exit the website or do anything at all save press the power button to turn off the PS3. It boots up as normal (with an improper shutdown warning on reboot), but otherwise functions normally.

I have halso tried to go directly to the NOR flash dumper URL by typing it by hand, and the same problem occurs. The browser will access the default Sony PS3 homepage without issues, but freezes as soon as any other page is loaded, either via clicking a link or inputting a URL.

Any suggestions for what may be the way forward from here? I've heard that rebuilding the database via the recovery mode can help with browser freezing issues, but I'm not sure if this is safe to do so on HFW, so any help/advice is greatly appreciated. I will be happy to answer any other questions.

Thanks in advance for your help and hard work on this hack.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2019
  2. 710
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Try clearing the history of the browser - cookies, search/browsing history, cache, etc. It is recommended to keep the browser as clean and untouched as possible before accessing ps3xploit.com in order for the exploit to have the best chance of working properly without issues.

Algol, AndyC3 and atreyu187 like this.
  3. 2
    straight_depth

straight_depth Forum Noob

What do you know, that worked! I've successfully dumped, flashed and installed my CFW now and it all seems to have gone without a hitch! Thank you so much for your help in this.
    What I did was I set my homepage to a blank screen (while could still manipulate my browser options before it crashed), cleared cache, cookies, history and authentification info, and turned off javascript for good measure. I was then able to access PS3Xploit homepage, and from there, navigate to the dumper and flasher pages and bookmarked them. I then re-enabled javascript before running them, and it all went smoothly from there on.
    Thanks again for your help, it's been super useful.

Coldheart2236, DeViL303 and AndyC3 like this.
  4. 38
    AndyC3

AndyC3 Forum Noob

This is already solved, but I just wanted to say that in the past I had the PS3 always freezing after using the browser for more than 30 seconds or so, and indeed I had to clear everything (cache, bookmarks, history...) a couple of times to solve the problem. Sony really did an atrociously non-professional job with neglecting to update their in-built browser for more than 10 years.

Algol likes this.
  5. 710
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

No problem. I'm glad you got up and running without any problems :) I have edited the thread title to include "(Solved)" as a courtesy to other members who might be browsing the forum.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019