Steering wheel on ps2 games in cfw

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by ILYA B SILKIN, Jun 26, 2019.

1. 14
    ILYA B SILKIN

ILYA B SILKIN Forum Noob

Hi, guys! I think I have a rather specific question because I have not seen it being asked before.
    I know Logitech steering wheel does not work with ps2 games on ps3 it even says that on their website but I wonder if it can work on a console with cfw installed. I tried burnout 2 and the wheel worked but it just saw it as a controller so the pedals did not work and x was the gas. Maybe there is a setting we can tick in webman to make the wheel compatible. Or perhaps remap wheel buttons. If anyone has any experience with this let me know.

2. 7,474
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    If game support button remapping set Gas/Brake to right analog. For game that not support it, you can try remmaping: https://www.psx-place.com/resources/ps2-controller-remapper.692/
    Set X as Up Right Analog Stick. But this will affect all game. For example to select something in game, you need to put right analog stick up.

3. 14
    ILYA B SILKIN

ILYA B SILKIN Forum Noob

Thanks for your suggestions. It seems like not the most graceful solution. Since I am on superslim I have to play ps2 games via pkg file installed as ps2 classics. Perhaps someone with the ps3 fat or slim using webman mod can confirm or deny if the wheel is working properly using that kind of emulation method.

4. 1,143
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    As far as i know, PS2 Classics (PS2Net_Emu) doesn't support Steering Wheels, regarding if its a PS3 one or a PS2, like the G27 from Logitech.

PS2Emu and GXEmu however, support these features, which a variety of PlayStation2 steering wheels, as well as other PlayStation2 peripherals.

The funny thing is that Net_Emu supports the DUALSHOCK3 which is a bummer, so any steering wheel should be detected as a DUALSHOCK3 with custom mapping, perhaps if you try a PS3 steering wheel it might work, who knows, unless steering wheels are detected as they're own input,and not a DUALSHOCK3.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

5. 2,202
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    I got one of those in a box somewhere, awesome racing wheel for the GT games as even GT3 A-Spec on PS2 supports the clutch and manual gears...... makes drifting so much more fun on the GT games.

Most Logitech stuff was crap but this racing wheel was just belta.

6. 1,143
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    But but but Forza has the best graphics and physics, and drifting

7. 2,202
    Cypher_CG89

LMFAO :rolling::rolling::rolling: what sh!t you trying to push off here with your "crap box" cowboy hat....lol :-p

8. 1,143
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Like my avatar? i call it Fail Spencer! PS: Game Pass for 1£ only! #WaitTillE3 :D:-p

9. 2,202
    Cypher_CG89

You mean £1.... wtf is 1£, can tell your not from the UK.....:-p

10. 1,143
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    The Fail Spencer deal is = 1$ = 1€ = 1£ = 1Yen, so 1 its the magic number,but not in the console war :rolling:

11. 2,202
    Cypher_CG89

There will be an even bigger console war going on once Atari launch their new console as well.

EDIT: And I beleive Sega are going to be at it again at some point as well in the future.

12. 1,143
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Nah, i believe in my boy Soulja, he already won the console war, before it even started

Next Gen he will blow us out of proportion

13. 14
    ILYA B SILKIN

ILYA B SILKIN Forum Noob

Could you please clarify your answer a bit. I am very interested. I have googled but I was not able to find either of the emulators mentioned.
    Basically is there a way to install one of the emulators that supports peripherals on a superslim or lauch a ps2 game from some app that would like multiman or webman or magna. thanks guys. Like most people I am trying to build an ultimate gaming console that supports a last gen, retro, light gun, guitars, wheel.

14. 10,746
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

not possible nor will it ever be possible. the other emulators require hardware that a superslim doesn't have.

15. 1,143
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    PS2Emu.self its emulation method used only by the early models of the PlayStation3 (CECHA/CECHB), which have 96% of the original PlayStation2 Hardware, except for the MIPS R3000 IO Processor.

PS2GX_Emu.self,its a combination for partial hardware-emulation, only available in the release of the PlayStation3 in Europe, and a later revision in the US (CECHC/CECHE), which have only 40% of the original PlayStation2 hardware, removing the Emotion Engine and EDO RAM, and giving the task of EE Emulation on the CELL B/E and XDR RAM.

As these are the only models that support optical PlayStation2 Backwards Compatibility ,via hardware, Sony ensured all PlayStation2 Peripherals worked with these models, so 99% of the Peripherals that work on the real PlayStation2, will work on these models of the PlayStation3, just fine.

After the removal of PlayStation2 Hardware based backwards compatibility, Sony tried to replace it with an full emulation solution, starting with the release of the 40Gb CECHG in 2007, dubbed PS2SoftEmu.self,this PlayStation2 Emulator had support of Optical Discs and all the PlayStation2 Peripherals, but due to technical complications, this emulator was discarded and never released for public, only was available in Factory Service Mode in firmware 2.60.

Later on Sony, released the PS2Net_Emu, you also know it as PlayStation2 Classics, this emulator has all the basic functionality of a PlayStation2 emulation software, optical disc playback was never implemented, and 99% of the Peripherals was not implemented as well, because since this emulator was suppose to package into PlayStation2 Titles, handpicked by Sony, these features were not implemented, it only supports basic PlayStation3 Peripherals such as the DUALSHOCK3, BD Remote, GunCon3 and no more than that,making only 4 Peripherals compatible, not to mention, pressure sensetive input is removed, even to the DUALSHOCK3 its pressure sensetive, the early models retain those features, and many more for the real PlayStation2 hardware and software.

sandungas likes this.
  16. 14
    ILYA B SILKIN

ILYA B SILKIN Forum Noob

wow awesome answer. thank you.