VITA / PsTV Storage Manager plugin

Discussion in 'PlayStation TV (Vita TV)' started by Berion, Jul 30, 2018.

1. 2,195
    Berion

Berion Developer

I'm not sure if understand how to use it.

PSTV have two internal user storage mount points: ux0 (without Memory Card, after insert one, this become imc0 and real become ux0) and ur0. I want only redirect MicroSD adapter to uma0. Can I ignore all other parrams and use GCD=uma0 or I need all parrams in config? If all, then how to deal with ur0 and ux0 as I don't want change them?

It comes with "storage_config.txt":
    Code:
    MCD=uma0
    INT=imc0
    GCD=ux0
    UMA=grw0

Is this correct? I don't want change ux0 and ur0. Also I don't want test it blindly so that's why I'm create this thread.
    Code:
    MCD=ux0
    INT=imc0
    GCD=uma0
    UMA=grw0
    Readme:
    https://github.com/CelesteBlue-dev/PSVita-StorageMgr

2. 569
    kadorna2

kadorna2 Member

Second code is about right for what you want to do, except that grw0 mountpoint is the official gamecard user writable partition (not all games have this active), I wouldn't have this active. are you using sd2vita right? i would advise to instead use an external HDD, since it's much faster than an sd card, bigger than an sd card and have longer lifespan (in terms of R/W cycles) than an sd card.

3. 2,195
    Berion

Berion Developer

@kadorna2 I know, but I wrote it only in case if all parrams must exist. Also I don't play any games for Vita on PSTV so I don't really care of gro/grw (all multiplatform games I finished on PS3 and those few exclusives I already played).

Yes, SD2Vita. Writing speed is for me sufficient what SD to offer but I don't know how fast is GameCard port and how fast is the adaptor. If this would be ~10MiB/s in read and at least half of this in write then it is sufficient. Cell life span is important so it is one of the reasons why I want use uma0, instead to ux0 (other reasons are I don't need such huge capacity for homebrew, 32GiB is sufficient, and I need free USB port to charge DS3).