PS3 Super Mario War 1.8_r6

Super Mario War PS3 Port by lachrymose made to work as an All-In-One package.

1. 266
    blckbear_

blckbear_ Member

Electrical engineering student
    Hi, thanks for the feedback.
    @IMMORTAL_TuF @JediKnight007 I have some questions for you: Which console model are you playing on? CFW or HEN? Which firmware version?

I'm asking you this because you were the only two to report freezing problems and I've never had them playing on 4.84 and 4.85 with HEN on a SuperSlim.

2. 12
    IMMORTAL_TuF

IMMORTAL_TuF Forum Noob

I use two PS3 Slim models with Rebug 4.84.2 REX CFW.

Best regards,
    TuF

3. 1
    Riax

Riax Forum Noob

I rember playing this on the wii, but it was freezing so much, so I ended up downloading it on ps3. I was very happy with the D-Pad support (I had old r3 version at the time) but it seems confused, sometimes it don't read the inputs at all. The pink texture thing is now almost fully gone. I don't know if this is too much to ask for, but I need the music. The game will feel much more better with it. It feels empty. I have experienced a few crashes, I had to reset the console. Thanks

4. 12
    IMMORTAL_TuF

IMMORTAL_TuF Forum Noob

Same here. Sometimes the character just stops moving. Maybe too many inputs at once? I also agree on the music. It feels so empty and I don't know how to fix it :(

:D

5. 266
    blckbear_

blckbear_ Member

Electrical engineering student
    I still can't get to reproduce these errors (console freezing/crashing and bad inputs) even though I played the game with 3 other friends and had no problems. The music issue seems to be an issue with one of the compiler libraries that is in charge of decoding sounds, it seems to fail to decode .ogg music files, but it tries to decode .wav files (with a lot of glitching). I don't have the knowledge to rewrite or fix a library, and I still don't fully understand how the game plays the music (I've already tried some things to force it to play the music in other ways and failed) so for now there's not much I can do.

I agree with you, the music makes it a lot better, but until I figure this out or someone that knows better comes offering help there's not much I can do.

6. 125
    D3ad3lf

D3ad3lf Member

Same here, after a few mins playing on Hen the game freezes. Try playing with a bot to see if that will reproduce errors.

7. 12
    IMMORTAL_TuF

IMMORTAL_TuF Forum Noob

So can anyone tell me how to turn the music on? I'm not sure if it is available in the files anyway :D
    Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thank you very much and have a great weekend!

TuF