Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 Super Nintendo (SNES Station) Emulator for PS3Xploit HAN (via PS2 Emulation)

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by habib, Mar 17, 2018.

By habib on Mar 17, 2018 at 8:24 AM
  1. 1,106
    habib

habib Developer

Recently @DeViL303 & @Joonie shared a video demo of a Super Nintendo (Ps2 Homebrew) Emulator working via the unlocked PS2 Classic emulator from the Ps3Xploit HAN (v3.0). During some the previews leading up to the release we showcased the video before now developer HABIB has released the emulator in ISO form and instructions how to add your own ROMs. The question now becomes what other homebrew and emulators can we get running on these console's?
    -STLcardsWS​

capa do jogo.jpg

We have added an official thread in the Ps3Xploit Support forum for tracking and discussing Homebrew through the emulators unlocked by PS3Xploit's etHANal (v3.0) hacks. >>>> LINK

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by habib, Mar 17, 2018.

1. sp193
      sp193
      It doesn't have to be from a PlayStation 2. You can use the equivalent modules from the homebrew PS2SDK too, which was what I used for my SnesStation mod.

However, storing the modules on memory card may not work because MODLOAD has a blacklist against it (only KIRX/KELF can be normally loaded from memory cards).
      Unless the game/your custom code patches it (with sbv_patch_disable_prefix_check), you will be unable to load any IRX/ELF from memory cards. MCMAN must also be first loaded, which might mean it's not feasible (you can't possibly access mc: to load MCMAN, before MCMAN is loaded!)

For CD/DVD-ROM, the filename must be in uppercase (since only ISO9660 Level 1 is supported) and the filename must end with the ";1" version suffix (i.e. cdrom0:\\LIBSD.IRX;1).

For the emulators that I've ever modded (e.g. SneStation, PGEN), a patcher was appended to these programs. The patcher will modify the boot process to load the replacement modules that are embedded within itself.

It was a bad practice and we are still paying for it. Although it was initially inevitable because we originally had no replacements for some modules until very much later, like MCMAN (only contributed by Jimmikaelkael in 2010 or so).

The PlayStation 3 is not the only one that is incompatible with software that use board-specific modules. These software will not work on the SCPH-10000/SCPH-15000 either.

So another thing that can be done, is that we just patch the software itself (maybe form a wishlist for modernizing software?). It may also be desirable to enable interlace, since some of them have it disabled by default (which some LCD TVs do not support).
      Some of them use really old USB modules too, which could be improved on.
    2. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Valuable info from one of the all-time great PS2 devs ^^
      Thanks @sp193
      krHACKen and UniqueUserName like this.
    3. Luca.b
      Luca.b
      Where is this option? I can't find it
    4. Crash420
      Crash420
      Run Snes ---- Options -----interface Off , fix the glitch!

options in the menu of emulator (snes)
      hexcsl likes this.
    5. kozarovv
    6. Maur_sup
      Maur_sup
      It's a shame that in PS2 mode the usb do not work
    7. Light_Warrior
      Light_Warrior
      It asked when i was ressigning, if the file was a psp mini or psx... but it's neither one! It's a ps2 pkg...
      Why it asked that? And what should i do??
    8. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Read carefully what app is asking for.
    9. Bloodmoons366466
      Bloodmoons366466
      I was able to install it just fine,but it wont run without the rif file since im getting a 80029513 error.
      Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    10. Bloodmoons366466
      Bloodmoons366466
      Where is the rap file?
    11. Bloodmoons366466
      Bloodmoons366466
      How do you make or get a rap file for this emulator? The ps2 classics gui just gives you 3 options,encrypt,decrypt and make pkg.I dont see a option to make a rap file anywhere.
    12. Bloodmoons366466
      Bloodmoons366466
      Nvm its in this folder section where you installed the tools manager to create the ps2 classics.

ps3tools\tools\scetool\RAPS

Now when i launch the game with roms installed i get a black screen and the 80028f17 error code.

What can i do to fix the blackscreen?

All i did to add roms was open the iso in ultra iso,then i copyed and pasted the rom in the roms folder,the roms seemed to stay there when i closed out of the ultra iso program.I guess there is more to adding roms inside the iso then that?

Im going to try to install the iso as a pkg without any roms and see what that yealds me.
    13. NiHuShu
      NiHuShu
      Which ISO did you used?
    14. Bloodmoons366466
      Bloodmoons366466
    15. NiHuShu
      NiHuShu
      Bloodmoons366466 likes this.
    16. Bloodmoons366466
      Bloodmoons366466
      It works perfectly!

It ran the emulater with the roms on it perfectly with no hickups.

For anyone trying this one instead of the link in the tutorial because of the error code launch the emulator launcher and do the following

Press O to navigate to the file browser and go to
      cdfs/emulators/snes/then press O on SLUS_200.90

It will launch the snes emulator

Press triangle to open options,turn interlace off and switch display mode to NTSC

Now all you got to do is go to CDROM/ROMS/SNES and your good to go :)
      NiHuShu likes this.
    17. Thebosslink47
      Thebosslink47
      The copyright protection information is invalid 80029513

help?
    18. Bloodmoons366466
      Bloodmoons366466
      You need the rap file.

Its in

ps3tools\tools\scetool\RAPS

Get the rap file,convert it to a rif file,then inject it to your hdd using the han copier.
    19. Light_Warrior
      Light_Warrior
      Well.. i extract the iso, put the ROMS, ok..

How to repack the ISO?
    20. zumbae
      zumbae
      hi guys, have i question, after successful installing Snes emu, pkg is missing from Xmb, where is it? i know that when you install game last one is pop up first, right?
      pls help
      Last edited: Apr 12, 2018