PS3 Super Slim BRICK !!!

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by SiZeNx, Oct 31, 2018.

1. 4
    Sebaster

Sebaster Forum Noob

As in Firmware reinstall through Safe Mode? If so, then is installing 4.85 is also necessary? I want to keep my PS3 at 4.84 as of now. while HDD needs to be format but can I still save my games data? Also my laptop can't really put take in a HDD with its size. I'm not used to the technical side of the PS3 without a guide :confused3:

2. 241
    arcadekidflo

arcadekidflo Member

CECH4004a , installed SEN Enabler and spoofed to 4.85 ; )) Now console is bricked , anything can be done with it ? Hardware flasher ? It's an eMMC type ..

3. 12,557
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

the only thing I've heard that works is reformatting the hdd. might want to take it out, then turn on the system to see if it boots to the "no system storage detected" message.

4. 241
    arcadekidflo

arcadekidflo Member

Removed the HDD , still the same

5. 12,557
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

black screen or no video signal? did no message pop up?

6. 241
    arcadekidflo

arcadekidflo Member

I really can't tell since the TV does not have a No Signal warning.. ..screen looks the same with ps3 on/off

7. 3,330
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    eMMC Super slims are like NAND and all the FW is on the eMMC chip, nothing of it is on the HDD which is just used for game's and apps if you have an HDD installed other wise you only get 12GB of eMMC flash storage. So reformatting the HDD will do nothing as the FW is still being loaded from the eMMC Flash Chip.

Doing this will just switch the storage used from HDD to the eMMC Flash Storage. And will only format the 12GB part of the eMMC, nothing of the rest of it will be touched.

12GB SS are actually 16GB but with 12GB seperated for games and apps, the rest is for the FW.

Try to enter recovery menu and re-install your FW from there.

Fallen777 and Filipe Santos like this.
  8. 93
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

i have the same problem on superslim emmc 4203a after unistalling a ps2 classic and playing game from multiman game froze unplugged power cord turned it on again black screen at hdmi at 576p 50hz booted tried video reset nothing booted into safe mode tried every option except of restore ps3 system
    nothing after downloading 4.84 ofw and installing it on hfw 4.84 it only resulted in black screen after starting initail update stage brought an used av from junk could hear menu selection sound instead of cancelling update i went on installing it now my system only does this

9. 3
    sebasfgo

sebasfgo Forum Noob

My 320GB Slim is bricked, i tried turning it on without the HDD and it tells me its not there on the tv, so i know my GPU isnt dead.
    It cant boot into safe mode, and it wont boot up normally either. It was running HEN v3.0 on HFW 4.85.

10. 93
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

try wiping the hdd or clonning it with another one luckily if yours a supported Model you can even try recover it with hardware flasher

11. 3
    sebasfgo

sebasfgo Forum Noob

i already tried using my old PS3 HDD and it has the same problem, i dont have a hardware flasher and i dont know where to get one or how to use it. I think im gonna have to go get it repaired with an expert because i tried everything i know and its not working

12. 93
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

u have access to safe mode if yes thendont care about save games just restore the system i regret not restore the system just to make sure my saves are safe not thinking depply about console

as for the hardware flasher teensy+++ and e3 are choice and one time investment if you learn the complete proceduer with successful practical u can start your own repair service

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2020
  13. 6,685
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

When you boot it without hdd... if it displays a warning message in screen it means the hardware is fine and most of the firmware is fine too
    In other words... the problem is in the hdd

14. 93
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

can you look at my post above and tell whats wrong with mine i dont think my rsx is dead

@sundangas above is my post with video liknk and true details take a look and tell

15. 6,685
    sandungas

Is a CECH-4203A with eMMC flash (and no hdd from factory)... but you had an internal hdd installed in it ?

And... what happens if you remove that internal hdd and boot the PS3 without it ?

16. 210
    Edwired

Edwired Member

I got lucky with the cech-4203c 500gb and was able to use hfw 4.85 and hen enabler didn't get a brick since I was able to dump the firmware from nor but it clearly said on ps3xploit.com not to flash the hex file on 3000/4000 series ps3 which result bricked ps3 super slim. I can't understand how people still fall into that trap quick

pinky likes this.
  17. 12,557
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

probably from not reading. I'd recommend everyone read as much as possible before hacking or exploiting your system (any system). this reminds me of what's happening in the switch scene. many questions about why game carts no longer work on the latest firmware. I'm not even a part of the scene, but I've read why that is.

18. 93
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

never had hdd in it from the start after it the update i tried to use hdd so it might ask for firmware but nothing and i never flash ed any dump or cfw i am not that dumb i have modded several wiis so i have i little experience too

Hello Everyone can any of you mates who owns a 4k series emmc model post me a photo of their safe mode i cant find one for emmc model on google as it has 7 or 8 options then 6 which is a i remeber change system storage
    Please if anyone has 4k series model post me a photo and also tell when your in safe mode does pressing power button give 2 beeps or just shutdowm
    Please fill me both request
    Thanks to all mates

19. 6,685
    sandungas

Lets make a recap, is very important to know what happened inmediatly before the PS3 started doing weird things becuause it could give us a hint of what happened exactly

So... you uninstalled a PS2 classic game, and the uninstall went fine... so this doesnt seems to be related
    Then you booted multiman, tryed to mount a game, and the console freezed... this looks normal too, sometimes happens because the game have some problem in the game files, or because you did choose some boot settings incompatibles with that game

Something worthy to mention is if you was able to boot that game (with the same settings) before that ?... or it was the first time you was trying to boot that game ? (in other words, you never booted that game before and you failed in the first attempt trying to boot it)
    If you never booted the game before then can be considered normal, as i mentioned before sometimes happens

And that freezes/crashes when trying to boot a game unsuccessfully triggers the "restore filesystem" at the next boot
    And additionally it resets the video output !

You said you was able to hear the XMB navigation sounds (but no video) by using a "classic" playstation AV cable, right ?
    Then it means your XMB is running and working fine
    In other words... the problem is your TV

You mentioned you was using a TV with HDMI at 576i resolution... well... this sounds like a low quality TV dude (no offense intended) and this supports the idea of what im saying... the problem is that TV

-----------
    You should try to connect the PS3 to a different TV... then boot the PS3 in recovery mode (or do the button combo to boot to reset video)
    https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Boot_modes

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Algol and DeViL303 like this.
  20. 210
    Edwired

Edwired Member

Sure I have the cech-4203c with 500gb if anyone looking to take it off me sure send me a offer in private message it need a whole case for the body other than that it working have hfw 4.85 with hen enabler