PS3 Super Slim BRICK !!!

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by SiZeNx, Oct 31, 2018.

1. 104
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

then pherhaps you can send me a recovery mode photo and tell if recovery mode options are silent or have a sound when selected and in recovery mode does presed power button gives you 2 beeps or just poweroff and in change storage option to move from internal to external what are directions

2. 8,434
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

There is no sound in recovery mode.

Are you sure you know how to enter recovery properly? You need to hold the power button again after it shuts down the first time, then you should get the double beep.

Is your controller connecting when you plug it in and press the PS button? This is important, if it is then you could update the FW blindly. First of all I would test something like restoring all settings to default blindly.

Normally you do not need to change the storage device in recovery, just format the hdd in PC in case it is corrupt, then put it into the console. On boot up normally you will get this screen:

It will be on YES by default, so if you can not see the screen just press X.

upload_2019-12-17_12-40-47.png

Then it will show this screen, this time it will be on No by default, so press left once, then X.

upload_2019-12-17_12-43-2.png

If your console is working you should see the orange HDD activity light flashing.

Note: if you are trying to use the recovery menu blindly, that 12GB super slims have an extra 1A option.

upload_2019-12-17_12-49-15.png

3. 220
    Edwired

Edwired Member

If he on about changing storage that means system restore that involved backing up everything via external storage but to change HDD inside the ps3 you have to have the USB stick containing the ps3 update and have the HDD formatted by PC to fat32 then do the the reinstall it is possible as if you are stuck by update loop but if you get the ps3 to boot then it shut down to red light it means it can't find the system operating system I ran into the similar issue on the ps3 cechc03. Try that Method

4. 8,434
    DeViL303

You dont need to reinstall FW when you change the HDD on 12GB super slims from what I have seen in videos.. Like NAND consoles the FW is not stored on the hdd.

It could be in an update loop if he has messed up his current FW. I think for now it is best to leave the hdd out of it. Get it working on the internal memory first.

5. 220
    Edwired

Edwired Member

Well I know the 4000 series with a model came with emmc 12gb storage onboard but it worth a try to reinstalling fw otherwise he stuck with a paperweight.

6. 543
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Student
    Home Page:
    Today,suddenly my ps3 super slim is black screen freeze when charging ds3 from my ps3
    when I reset my ps3 and then same condition black screen every time
    then I have to hold power button for safe mode
    and then also I have to reinstall hfw 4.85.1 and then worked my ps3 like normally
    Exacty,What's the problem?

7. 104
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

Thanks for replyinng and actually discussing the details nobody i ask actually went for details as for your questions:
    • The ps2 classic game was shadow of collosues it is listed compadible on ps2 to ps3 list, game went fine but very laggy on first install and did unintsall and again install again.
    So i was able to play till fifth collosues and was able to save game then i exit the game, Then it gave me a black screen 3 times after loading save game from menu also menu had shaded lines flickering.Third time i uninstalled it.
    •After uninstalling it i played SAW 1 from multiman.Game is list uncompadible in cfw2ofw list but it was running fine and often froze while paused.i played it till 3 chapter before this happened.
    •After uninstalling ps2 game and lanuching SAW from usb i resumed me save played game died.Second try paused game to search online for a jail cell lock code.After trying to resume game it was frozen so unplugged power cord and plugged again And all this problem started.
    •I was able to hear XMB waves sound and menu click with grey screen on hdmi.I tried video reset but still grey screen.
    • I was able to boot in safe mode with hdmi and no problem safe mode booted fine.The options i tried and their results are:
    -reset default setting: Reboot still grey
    -restore database:It reboot with grey
    -restore file system:reboot with grey
    -UDATE:detect ofw 4.84 and checked the whole file rebooted with grey display no sound stuck on accept lincense and terms got used av black screen with sound to confirm the update on more safe mode on nothing as shown in video.
    also it seems that as i powered my console i pressed O and accidently cancelled the initall update data checking before accepting update should have pressed O to to cancel it at last stage but dint did that.
    • i have been getting a lot of crashing while lanuching games and asking for checking file systems on next boot.
    This is probaly because i have cancelled many copy operations while installing yakuza 1 pkg on my ps3 after updating to 4.84 ofw and jailbreaking it and never attempted to restore database or file system.
    • my tvs a custom made lcd with minimum resolutation of 576p 50hz and could not be unticked in ps3 hdmi callibration menu.
    + all this makes sure my rsx is not dead but software is i am think of trying to issue update blindly as it reads usb and controlled connects need a photo of 4k series safe mode to know how.theirs one flat solder on cell

DeViL303 likes this.
  8. 220
    Edwired

Edwired Member

Must be something causing the black screen when using ps2 classic then again the super slim isn't fully cfw form to run everything normal I will test it once I get the replacement power switch as the one I had broke off.

9. 543
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Student
    Home Page:
    I
    I never play ps2 games on ps3 because I have ps2 fat

Edwired likes this.
  10. 220
    Edwired

Edwired Member

Cool I got the ps2 fat with the original network adaptor and ide 120gb with freemcboot memory card haven't turned it on for the last few years :)

11. 543
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Student
    Home Page:
    I also have original network adapter but without hdd
    oldest ps2 fat ribbon cable is very weak

12. 8,434
    DeViL303

I am not sure if you can see the recovery menu or not? You have said it is working but also not working and you need pictures?
    Anyway here is a video with info on updating the console blindly. It might help you or someone else with no display output.

Do this at your own risk. IMO you dont have much to lose by trying it. If you do try it, leave a little extra time for each part to complete as your USB stick might be slower.

13. 220
    Edwired

Edwired Member

I see you can get replacement cables for that either ide and sata on Aliexpress. Anyway back to the main subject of super slim brick any progress been made?

14. 104
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

Thanks a lot To EVERYONE on this thread And to Special Thanks to @DeViL303 for providing Photos and
    Special blind directions and the special tutorial video Thank you very much I have just seen the posts on this thread right now am very grateful to you even if it works or not and am very grateful for your help.This means a lot more to have this kind of help and support on request.Thank you very much.
    LOVE AND RESPECT TO YOU
    FROM ME
    1 question more should i try ofw or hfw 4.84 or 4.85 is nesseceary

15. 220
    Edwired

Edwired Member

if the ps3 is above 2500 series you can install hfw 4.85 but you cant exploit it said by ps3exploit.com if lower than 2500 series you can exploit it

16. 3,422
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    HFW can be installed on any PS3 > CECHA - CECH4000+.

Both HEN and CFW are exploits. All PS3's are exploitable but depending on your PS3 depends on which one you can use.

All PS3's can use HEN > CECHA - CECH4000+.

But only CECHA - CECH2500 (Certain 2500 models with min fw version of 3.56 and below) can use CFW.

I would say use 4.85 HFW, might as well use the latest one then if it works and sorts out the PS3 you can then install HEN as it would be HFW you installed instead of OFW. If OFW you would then have to install HFW after.

Coldheart2236 likes this.
  17. 104
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

i have both 4.84 ofw and hfw seperately in 2 usb drive can i still use it or do i have to try to install 4.85 hfw

18. 8,434
    DeViL303

I think you should use 4.85 OFW or 4.85 HFW for now, see how that goes. It does not matter which.

BTW, there is a chance that you are at this screen instead,
    upload_2019-12-17_21-29-49.png

This can happen if the FW on your dev_flash partition is corrupted, or if you are in an update loop, or if you have just put a new hdd into a NOR console, On a NOR console if you want to trigger this screen then quick format your HDD in a PC (FAT32 or NTFS does not matter.)

Then put the HDD back in and start the console NORMALLY, do not try to enter the recovery menu.

See this video for the steps to do in this in a new hdd or corrupted hdd situation, it might help you too if you are in an update loop due to a failed FW install, also some soft bricks will kick you to that screen.

19. 220
    Edwired

Edwired Member

The part where the flashing the hex file is not compatible with the 3000/4000 series ps3 so that means the downgrade won't work for that series I mentioned but hfw 4.85 will work with all ps3

20. 3
    sebasfgo

sebasfgo Forum Noob

I managed to fix my PS3 by putting in another HDD, and installing 4.85 OFW there. And then taking out that HDD and putting my previous one instead, and following the on-screen instructions. I managed to get my PS3 back but now HEN is gone and i have to reinstall it, and i still dont know what caused the weird soft brick.

Edwired likes this.