PS3 Super Slim BRICK !!!

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by SiZeNx, Oct 31, 2018.

1. 8,603
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Yes, he will need HFW to install HEN on his console. No one is talking about installing CFW on super slim.

Algol likes this.
  2. 134
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

right man someone like me who reads more than dozen forum before trying something like that would not do that
    Can i still use 4.84 HFW as i have it available and will try to fix ps3 at noon
    i this failed update screen occurs can i still use 4.84 HFW to pass it with hdd inside or not i am really not in mood for 4.85 but if nesscesary will update
    i already have my act.dat and idps.hex dumped for signing pkgs
    Thanks again

DeViL303 likes this.
  3. 3,538
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    FFS... no offence but.....WTF..?

This is exactly what you did on another thread where the OP had an issue with WebMAN and you were telling them to change the setting in MultiMAN becuase you have a busted BD drive.... even though I fully explained everything you still did not listen, or read, and continued to prattle on about some thing completely non related to the issue... just like here..... :sang banghead::sang banghead::sang banghead::sang banghead:

If you not bothered about going online and just want to play your games again then just use 4.84 HFW that you have.

You can still install HEN v3 on 4.84 HFW. That's the way I have my CECH4003A > 4.84 HFW with HEN v3.

4. 134
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

Thanks a lot friend now i can sleep with some relief i just want to revive me console its my first console i even brought it with my own saving from a lot store here in pakistan as my parent would not give money for this kind of things brought as check warrenty because seller did not had an hdmi cord i brought and it work and i was just mind blown wordless a jackport for me i could play all yakuza series and make my brother jealous hes mean by the way

DeViL303 likes this.
  5. 8,603
    DeViL303

You can use the 4.84 PUP you have already as long as its still ok (not corrupt), you can check the MD5 maybe while its on USB to confirm that. You will find free MD5 checkers on google.

The 4.84.2 HFW MD5 is 4247362b54fadd2e4d7c09007f720803

Of course if you have ever started installing any 4.85 PUP (OFW or HFW) in the past and then got stuck in a loop then it will not accept 4.84 anymore, in that case you would need to use a 4.85 PUP.

6. 134
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

no i did not used 4.85 pup because i did not wanted to update yet on 4.84 ofw pup
    The hfw 4.84.2 i download was from another site as mega link download okey but upon extraction archive was currpt download 3 times from mega but archive was currpt so download from another site download ok extracted ok name of file was 4.84.2-HFW PS3UPDAT.PUP something that it also has a folder wih md5 as title i will check in noon when free

DeViL303 likes this.
  7. 7,529
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I think this is the cause of the problems, also the other crashes while playing PS2 games (btw you should read about the fancontrol homebrews)
    I wonder if some of the freezes, crashes and graphics weirdness while playing PS2 games was caused by overheating... hard to know at this point

In main XMB is a different stuff because the graphic loads is lower, but you have the firmware running and reading files from dev_flash and dev_hdd0
    In a PS3 superslim that both partitions are inside the eMMC chip
    dev_flash probably is ok since beginning because the PS3 doesnt writes in it while using it normally (only writes in dev_flash when updating firmware)
    And at the first boot the firmware needs to write files in dev_hdd0... that files in dev_hdd0 (loaded by the firmware at PS3 boot) are not critical but incase some gets corrupted the PS3 could refuse to boot

Anyway, long story short, it seems the interrupted file transfers (of yakuza games and others) generated some problems in dev_hdd0 filesystem
    That problems can be fixed by using the "restore filesystem" option from recovery (and after some freezes and crashes the PS3 advises you to do it)... but you usually said "NO" to that waring and refused to do it

It seems you are at the point when all that problems in dev_hdd0 flesystem made the filesystem to collapse (the PS3 refuses to load it)... and the firmware cant boot completly because some of the files from dev_hdd0 are needed
    The firmware should be able to boot into recovery mode because is located soon in the boot sequence

------------------
    In a Ps3 with NOR this problems in dev_hdd0 can be fixed by formatting the hdd in PC, but in a PS3 with eMMC you have dev_hdd0 inside the eMMC... sooooo not sure but i guess sony did something to allow you to escape from this trap

*The custom TV is not helping much... but awesome project anyway, lol, i like that things recycling hardware
    It could be handy if you take the PS3 to the house of a familiar or friend to try it in a different TV btw... maybe this is going to clear all your doubts to see if the PS3 is giving some video signal

Cypher_CG89 likes this.
  8. 234
    Edwired

Edwired Member

I was only referring as ps3xploit explained everything there even hen installer is on that site as well hfw 4.85 is recommend for installing not hfw 4.84 so it his choice what he want to do but at least we all here to help but I did explain clearly what it said about 3000/4000 series is not compatible with flashing hex file which can brick the super slim check the site if you want to double check it but good news is he is up and running with the ps3 for now

9. 134
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

dude i have your post on this forum you talk a lot of off the topic info so please take a little more time to gather your thoughts and give an helping solution.Also if you are help a specific persons problem you should quote or reply on his post in that way your solution will be more direct and will not bother other posted questions
    as you see my questions and post the sequence looks more direct and neat
    but its nots perfect.
    Plz take no offence i hope you understand my point

bro i dint made it i brought it box pack
    locally
    ps3 crashed many times and ask to check for problems everytime crashed but never gave a warning or order to format or restore file system if it had i would have gladly done that without caring about saves and games to keep my console ok
    theres been lot of uninstall install and copy cancelled and delete operations done on it as yakuza 1 ps2 was the first game i played on it with a lot of hassle as mention above too much distance between computer and ps3 could not ftp

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2020
  10. 234
    Edwired

Edwired Member

Dont tell me what i can or cannot do at least i did post out a few method to try out regarding to the black screen and ps3 not booting due to missing fw update and/or update loop as i ran into the same problem the other day

11. 580
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Student
    Home Page:
    hfw 4.84.2 = hfw 4.85.1
    that means same work both fw
    so you should be update to hfw 4.85.1

12. 7,529
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

The firmware version doesnt matters because the latest 4.85 OFW is exploitable

If i where you i would use 4.85 OFW just because this looks like a "def con 1" situation... double check everything and think twice before doing your next movement

13. 134
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

so your acting like you would have started a fight if we were all in same room

14. 8,603
    DeViL303

You are posting stuff unrelated to the issues. There is no one here talking about installing CFW on a superslim except you. Also you are giving out bad advice because you have a console with no bd drive, that nobd stuff does not apply to normal users and it only confuses the issues when you mention it to people with working bd drives.

Cypher_CG89 and Algol like this.
  15. 141
    larry12222

larry12222 Member

just reinstall fw it happened to my cfw .. its eze and format the hardrive through pc then put it back into the ps3 ..the pc gives it a full wipe!

16. 234
    Edwired

Edwired Member

That what i said a few post back to format the hard drive and use the system update method in order to get the system up and running as i was only explaining the fact that i ran into the same problem with the ps3 i have not booting and it did the same symptom with green light then shut down to red light meaning it was not able to find the fw data in the hard drive in order to find the operating system so i bought the ps3 didnt know the history of it all i know that it came without the bluray drive i had to use a noBD cfw in order to get it up and running so i rest my case here so Fallen777 you havent work long enough in repairing computer equipment to know the knowledge to start where

17. 234
    Edwired

Edwired Member

Really.....

18. 459
    RandQalan

RandQalan Member

enough you two you both know shit we of dev and admin do not know work a friendly Friend }PEace{ :LOG Pluse ex ( man hell yea down)
    @DeViL303 plus @Chryper_CG89

Decfire you 2 465916{123469798} (ex. to 9123954 to exponent PU 2 EX)
    O btw good luck on the math even A supper com plus a mind for this server had ad no answer

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  19. 459
    RandQalan

RandQalan Member

So enough you 2 both know the PS3 but ultimate PS4 and my PS2 will always confound you both so get along please.

20. 8,603
    DeViL303

What are you on about at all?

See the rules, this is an english forum. If you cant speak english use a translator.