PS3 Super Slim BRICK !!!

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by SiZeNx, Oct 31, 2018.

1. 1,900
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College Student,GAMING,REPAIRING,XMB Modder
    Home Page:
    In new flash writer will not match incompatible 25xx slims ,3xxx and super slim and it will not use writer on cfw console this will help minimize brick risk

2. 134
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

no i am asking if its possible or not flashing a dump on hdd

i am beigining to think that if back in the day made a emmc dump from psxploit dumper i might had been wide on recovery options as littlebalup described the procedure of dumping its not clear that if flashing the emmc can cause another problem so dump patch and flash ain;t that clear on emmc, its one of options considered for flashing dump on hdd.
    Having software on hdd might skip the emmc check and boot straight after emmc can be reprogrammed again through official storage swap method.

So for the real problem is it possible

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2020
  3. 1,903
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

The ps3xploit flash writer only writes a small patch to the flash so if you're talking about storing the dump on the hdd & using ps3xploit to flash it back that wont work. But if the system is bricked you can't run the flash writer.

If you're asking about having the flash on the hdd instead of the EMMC you can't do that.

Yugonibblit and MegaManX970 like this.
  4. 134
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

i am talking about a copy of the healthy flash (nand/nor/eMMC) on a backup hdd as well as internal flash.
    Incase ps3 becomes brick by a no bit swap dump glod as @Louay told, In this situation the console will try firmware on currpted flash and if an backup flash hdd present it might likely skip internal flash and move on to hdd.This might likely help those whose experince sudden glod black screens when changing display monitors at 576p 50hz.

But the actual psxploit brick caused by writting on flash a.k.a green light 2 flashes,red light
    their seems to be no chance instead of an hardware flasher unless an cell communication flash protocol software is written to rewrite the core os without opening whole console.Thats just an blunt theory but might effect.who knows.

5. 1,903
    pink1

It wouldn’t read the “flash” from the hdd that’s not how the system works.
    On nor systems part of the “flash” is saved on the hdd but even on those if the nor is corrupted it won’t read it from the hdd.

Yugonibblit and Cypher_CG89 like this.
  6. 3,538
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    Non of the FW is on the HDD with eMMC SuperSlim, so this is point less.

You are not getting the point NAND and eMMC will NOT go looking for any of the FW (Including CoreOS) on the HDD, it solely exists on the flash chips.

On NOR PS3's the CoreOS is contained on the flash chip solely and the rest of the FW is on the HDD.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    Yugonibblit and pink1 like this.
  7. 134
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

That explains a lot
    Thanks for clearing my doubts thanks to all
    is it safe to flash emmc same as dumping it sd card mod

but still if coreos is damaged on emmc how to revive

image.jpeg for the sd card mod i have solder wires on its each pin but what about lock mechanism on wii system sd card in this adapter is claimed to be locked its a spare one

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2020
  8. 134
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

post is moderate but not answered

9. 1,903
    pink1

I merged your back to back post because you have a habit of making multiple posts one after the other within a few minutes.
    I couldn’t answer your question because I’m not sure of the answer.

Yugonibblit and sandungas like this.
  10. 134
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

sorry got a lot of bad habits quest to know is one of them.As for the sd adapter soldering i just have to solder wires on adapter and solder these wires emmc pins repectively right?
    and dump the emmc

11. 1,903
    pink1

I don't intend to discourage you from learning I'm interested in this topic myself so I've been watching to see how it's going. About the back to back post I was cleaning up a few days ago & merged around 30 of your post. That's a lot of post when you think about it so I'd like to encourage you to use the edit button a little more often :wink new:

You may get a better idea of what to do by looking at dumping the nand on xbox 360 with an sd card it looks to be about the same.
    We don't have much info on doing this on the ps3 & you're one of the first people to try it so it'll be hard to get clear info about it. Pretty much we know it can be done but not much on how to do it.

Yugonibblit and sandungas like this.
  12. 134
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

Nah,i ain't gonna lose courage.Thats one thing being me. Getting new questions and ideas makes me post rapidly,i'll try that edit button next time.Yeah you right the xbox 360 slim has 4 gb emmc so that might work.i think about all this flashing questions for emmc version i might need to email littlebalup for serious answers.
    I intend to even create a procedure guide for this so everyone else can save their ps3s.
    Thanks for cleaning my mess.

Using the edit button this time now.
    I saw some xbox one and xbox 360 corona 4gb dumping and it required a lot of transitors removal and resistor installation work and the wires soldered on SD adapter is soldered on respective emmc pad and plugging into computer using an sd card reader.
    One thing to note is that computer suggested to format the drive for use
    while the j tag software read it easily.
    So its clear that it gonna be as much work as installing a xbox 360 slim jtag chip and nand dumping/programming.

Has @littlebalup claimed to have flash the memory and dumped a brick console.Is you pyps3 programe completly reliable

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    pink1 likes this.
  13. 134
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

any suggestions

14. 1,903
    pink1

As far as I know he was able to dump the emmc I think he was working on the flashing back & I don't think he has released anything for it yet. I do think you'll need to at least remove a resistor.

Yugonibblit likes this.
  15. 7,529
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

2 very important things you should consider at this point:

If you read with attention at the research thread wrote by littlebalup you are going to see some posts where he mentions that there is a problem of interferences in the "clock" pin
    The way how it works is... the clock is a signal (like a pulse) used to sinchronize the data transfers in both directions, every bit of data in between the eMMC and the device that is reading/writing it needs to be synced to that clock
    The problem is... the PS3 motherboard generates his own clock signal and is connected to the eMMC with a line
    And the SD card reader have his own clock... and needs to be conneted to the same pin of the eMMC

At the time you read/write the eMMC from PC you need to have the PS3 motherboard powered up and the 2 clock signals needs to be separated
    The solution is.... to take a razor knife and cut the clock line in the motherboard !!!
    The line needs to be cutted while doing all kind of external eMMC access
    And later you need to restore it to allow the PS3 to boot normally
    Take note at the exact point where littlebalup cutted that line.... is the most convenient because is in between 2 solder points (nice to restore the line in a easy way by dropping a big blob of solder in between them)

Second most important thing you should know... is as far i remember littlebalup only was able to do this flashing with a SD in consoles that was staying powered on along the whole write/read access
    If your PS3 is turning off automatically after some seconds (because is software bricked) i guess you are not going to be able to do it :/

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    pink1 likes this.
  16. 1,245
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Hi,
    I was able to read from a naked mobo by injecting +3v 200mA to the main VCC line. But that way the Panasonic controller wake-up and generates troubles. The solution is to cut the CLK connection between the controller and the eMMC (by removing the 47ohms resistor or by cutting the trace).
    Everything needed is here:
    https://www.psx-place.com/attachments/emmc-bus-mapping-png.18057/
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/r...eries-hardware-flash.23224/page-2#post-188479

Algol, pink1 and sandungas like this.
  17. 134
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

yes clk resistor he mentioned it but whats bothering me is that the guy dumping the xbox corona 4gb powered the console with internal power supply attached while dumping whereas littlebalup said to give emmc power through

Hi,
    I was able to read from a naked mobo by injecting +3v 200mA to the main VCC line. But that way the Panasonic controller wake-up and generates troubles. The solution is to cut the CLK connection between the controller and the eMMC (by removing the 47ohms resistor or by cutting the trace).
    Everything needed is here:
    https://www.psx-place.com/attachments/emmc-bus-mapping-png.18057/
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/r...eries-hardware-flash.23224/page-2#post-188479
    sorry i am reading this after reading pink1 and sandungas post
    you say one can either cut the clk trace or remove the 47 ohm resistor to make dumping possible but what about writing on to it have you tried that on a dummy.(i mean you mentioned about suceeding in dumping from standard sd card but have you tried writing the emmc dump on sd card
    the way xbox one was read by console being powered by consoles power supply alternate means

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  18. 134
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Member

Second most important thing you should know... is as far i remember littlebalup only was able to do this flashing with a SD in consoles that was staying powered on along the whole write/read access
    If your PS3 is turning off automatically after some seconds (because is software bricked) i guess you are not going to be able to do it :/

My consoles stays powered on

19. 3,538
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    You keep on asking the same questions over and over again, and getting the same answers... the more you ask doesn't mean the answer is going to change or that you will eventually get the answer you want. no one has held any info back, you been through all the threads and info given to you so now you have 1 of 2 choices:

1. Proceed with trying to dump the flash through @littlebalup s hardware mod to see if its a software/fw issue causing this ( if its not then you don't need to worry about, repairing the flash dump flashing it back ) if it is we can go from there. If its not then its a HW issue, most likely the HDMI controller, but it could also be the syscon as this controls the AV HDMI output mode through the av manager, for some reason it might be forcing the output to something it shouldn't be but this is still just speculation based on what controls what to do with HDMI output.

2. Stop banging on about it and leave it for the time being and get another PS3 until more info is available about HW dumping eMMC SuperSlims. Or if your not confident in your skills to do this.... but it looks rather simple compared to say soldering an Teensy to a NAND MB on a Phat, or doing an external power check/mod with an ATX PSU.

I am sorry but I had to be straight to the point and blunt about it or this will keep going on in a never ending loop with nothing being done about it. One of the reasons I stopped replying is that I am sick of repeating myself over and over again.

Yugonibblit and littlebalup like this.
  20. 1,245
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer PSX-Place Supporter

That means the PS3 is turned off...
    However, I was able to dump from a powered console too (without the need to cut the CLK in that case).

And don't compare to the xbox, PS4, etc... that have SPI bus. That's not the case here. It's more comparable to the WiiU.

I didn't tried to write yet (I didn't get the time to do it). My naked mobo is still on my desk with its soldered SD adaptor, and a lot of dusts. But it should work... at your own risk as always.