PS3 SuperSlim with 4.83 OFW & HAN: there will be ever a chance?!

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by wegiwegi, Nov 11, 2018.

1. 3
    wegiwegi

wegiwegi Forum Noob

Hello Everyone!
    I have a SuperSlim with, sadly a 4.83 OFW. I wish to know if one day it will be possible to get the HAN / Package Manager to work again. I don't care about online, CFW or stuff, I just wish to have the Package Installer working with the SuperSlim 4.83 OFW.
    Since is a disc based system, sooner or later it will stop to work, and since this will be probably one of the last OFW update, and the SuperSlim is the cheapest PS3 avaiable, most of us will need it in the future...
    So I wish, there will be a chance for make it happen. I truly hope so!
    Let me know any news if you have any!

2. 1,152
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

This question has been answered a gazillion times already. There is even a stickied thread about it. I believe @bguerville said himself that they are more focused on kernel exploitation than getting han to work on newest firmware.

cygmon0 likes this.
  3. 3
    wegiwegi

wegiwegi Forum Noob

Well, I searched and there was no topic made only for SuperSlim and HAN.
    kernel exploitation will work with SuperSlim?

4. 1
    Leon120081

Leon120081 Forum Noob

Well, i have also searched everywhere on internet about this but didn't find anything useful..... I also have super slim with 4.83 version and never played any game it ...

Is han team working on new version of han to work imin 4.83 .? Or its end they fail to break the security

5. 1,412
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

6. 1,028
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

Google Fu seems to be pretty weak in this forum.

Questions all over the place, with the same answer. I hope they add a week for every time someone asks to the dev time, and list the users responsible for each week. I hope they also put it behind a paywall, because this is time people could have used to help people with ACTUAL PROBLEMS.

If you're not happy with how long it is going to take for what you want, you are more than welcome to research and design your own. Good luck, because it's a lot harder to google an exploit than it is to find an answer about HAN and 4.83.

Cypher_CG89 likes this.
  7. 725
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

Graphic Designer
    Why are people so obsessed, when HAN comes for 4.83, or even if it will come? Nobody announced nothing, I know you lads are curious and stuff, but come on man, this its beyond insanity, everyday its the same thread (When does HAN arrive for 4.83, yada yada yada!), i know you are impatiente or you made the mistake in updating the console, but for christ out loud, stop breathing down the developers necks, you should be grateful the exploit even exists for 4.82, which if you bought a PS3 with 4.83, find one with 4.82, sell or trade your previous console, the easiest solution, it isnt so hard.

I understand, not anyone has the luxury of swaping consoles, we all have responsibilities, and means to support ourselfs, but at least make an effort, if you wish that your console was exploitable, trade it or sale it, its your choice, and besides PS3s are dirt cheap nowdays, you can find one for sub-50€ if you are lucky, its only a matter of time and a little bit of digging!

I dont know when 4.83 HAN will arrive, or even when its going to arrive, but on thing its certain, even if it does get released in a near future, if $ony decides to release, lets say a 4.84 update, it will be a loophole all over again, the same thread with the same questions.

Even i that, dont get me wrong, dont use HAN, appreciate they work, for what they have done with the first revision of the 4.82 PS3Xploit, last year, which made exploiting a machine much much easier, than back in 2011, that you have to rely on 3.55 and Hardware flashers, now if you have 4.82 and a exploitable machine, its just pop and done.

In conclusion, lets just calm things down with HAN for now, when the time comes, the developers will announce it, until then, do some research, and no Googling and YouTube, wont put your questions to rest, for that search for older 4.83 HAN threads in PSX-Place, and all your questions shall be answered.

PS: The only reliable youtuber whom does informative and legitimate videos about PS3 Exploiting its out member @Cyb3r, although his videos are in Spanish, CCs shouldnt be a problem, although i think his channel now goes the name of MaNu, if i am not mistaken, and no i am not promoting his channel, its just the first though it came to my mind, there are many more like Tech James or Skullator, although his channel was taken down recently. ;)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    cygmon0 and Coldheart2236 like this.
  8. 73
    mndx

mndx Member

I've seen way too many good things come to an end because of lazy people that refuse to do their homework. So far the devs have been really patient and polite but there will be one day that the devs will throw in the towel. People dont realise that they are doing this for FREE in their own FREE time, so be thankful, patient and assertive enough to do your own homework.

dergamer1212 likes this.
  9. 3,676
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Just to make you aware... when the new forum users writes a post, this posts are "hidden" for normal users (you cant read them), only moderators can read them and are cummulated in a "waiting for approval" list
    Well... i been deleting this kind of posts since weeks ago, sometimes more that 5 dailly

So the amount of posts you can read in the forum asking for this is only a fraction of the total (the other fraction are taken down in stealth mode by me and other mods)
    The goal of this strict methodology is to DONT STRESS THE PS3XPLOIT DEVELOPERS (neither the forum)... is for your own benefit, if you stress them eventually you will regret because they will quit and will say you "see you bitches" while doing a burnout with his car and the hand out of the window with the middle finger up

Moral of the story... everyone interested in a new ps3xploit release should help to "filter" all this avalanche and protect developers

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  10. 1,028
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

If you have paid no money to the dev team, you have no right to the software you ask about, which coincidentally, does not currently exist. Nor will it, without people giving the devs time to do what they need to do. You are welcome to design your own, start putting bounties up to speak with your pocketbook, or wait patiently. Your impatience only makes this stuff take much longer.

PS - If you didn't update your console to 4.83, or buy a console without checking that it was not 4.83 first, you wouldn't be in this issue. So it's YOUR fault. Sit Ubu Sit....

cygmon0 likes this.
  11. 1
    Kita Rose

Kita Rose Forum Noob

Thank you so much han developers, u saved many people, back in the days they used to rip our consles apart just to install games but now its as easy as easy.
    Thank you am one of the members who is patiently waiting for the update.
    Can i be

sandungas likes this.