Switch hackable bundles

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by atreyu187, Aug 26, 2019.

1. 5,808
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Looking to get a Switch for my time and so I have something fun to tinker with. Anyone know of any bundles that can be exploited? Gonna order from Amazon and she really wants MK8 Deluxe but I don't know the slightest thing about them.

I am getting hackable PS4 & Vita for me but she simply has to have the Switch. Any info on where to start with hacking would be great as well. Or maybe a system already exploited would be ok as well.

Saw Rebug had something for hacking them. What's the deal with that? Sorry total noob here as I have never even seen a Switch let alone touch and hack one.

ntodek likes this.
  2. 12,149
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I don't know much about hacking the switch, since I'm keeping my stock. however, you can input the serial number (part of it) here: https://ismyswitchpatched.com/ to find out if it's hackable.

that's how I found out that my system is unpatched. kinda funny, since it's a refurbished unit direct from Nintendo some five months after patched units hit the market.

ntodek likes this.
  3. 12,149
    pinky

@atreyu187 , I forgot to mention that the serial number can be found on both the system and in system settings (near the bottom), so you can still check the serial number if it's in the wrong box or with no box.

4. 5,808
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

Gonna get one off Amazon so may be tough to get that but I'll keep an eye out for that. Thanks!!

5. 12,149
    pinky

I'm not sure what to do about bundles or how to check online. the only surefire way that I know is to just input part of the serial number. it will even tell what the base firmware is for the system. mine was 4.1. the system uses efuses, so downgrading is impossible unless you use a homebrew app to update without blowing those fuses. and, from what I understand, this check is done every time at bootup. hacking the system doesn't seem to awfully difficult, but I've seen many people with various technical problems. it might be user error. an unpatched system should be hackable on any firmware.

I have the keys for hactool and switch backup manager, which you can find via google. I believe there are 8 master keys (0-7), so that might indicative of how current the keys you find are. you can also get them from the system, I believe, but I have no experience. I just have all the games that I own digitally in xci and nsp formats. I think xci is retail and nsp is eshop (digital). I've verified that they're safe with nx info, 'cause some games are given full privileges to the file system and will brick you (I think this is games and updates; dlc doesn't contain the executable to do that afaik, so they should always be safe). you won't have that problem if you rip your own games, but do note that they're out there.

I also use nsp verify to verify nsp integrity. before all that, I trim and rename my games using switch backup manager. that's about the gist of what I know about switch hacking, just enough to backup games (not saves unfortunately, but I believe checkpoint can do that. checkpoint is also on the 3ds).

6. 12,149
    pinky

@atreyu187 , maybe bookmark this site: https://tinfoil.io/ that's the site I use to determine if a game has an update or which update they're on. it's also useful for getting the content id of dlc or knowing what's what...much needed for mortal kombat 11 with 17 or 18 dlc's.

atreyu187 likes this.