Switch Saves

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by pinky, Sep 26, 2019.

1. 12,149
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

@Yugonibblit , I'm not sure if you're interested, but I just figured out that save data on the switch is region locked. I have poi from the eshop, and I have a cartridge of poi from a different region. it doesn't detect my save. I checked first to make sure the save was present with eshop version. it was. also, a second poi game is displayed on the home menu suggesting that the title id is different as well. I've heard that some dlc is also region locked such as splatoon 2's. well, that sucks for me at retaining saves. region-free doesn't seem to mean much then. I couldn't find a concrete answer on this, because very few people have the same game from different regions. digital to retail saves work, but different region saves don't.

edit: my cart poi says USA on it, but it's not. I figured out a quick way to determine region (if possible). coins won't be redeemable on an account when the game is from a different region. that seems to be a problem especially when the system is supposed to be region free. I think you have to make a separate account for a different region just like with the playstation, so I guess they're alike there.

2. 12,149
    pinky

doing a little more digging. I think atmosphere can change the region of a game, but would the save work then?

3. 12,149
    pinky

now that's weird. I got my save back with poi, which suggests saves in game are not directly connected to cloud. I downloaded it to the system. I had originally erased it thinking it was to the cartridge. I don't think there's any way to tell which region the game is. I still don't know, 'cause it says USA on the cart itself and redeeming coins brings up an error stating that the game is for a different region than the account. I confronted the seller about it, and he told me that he bought the cartridge in the US. I can't find the box for it, so it may have been a loose game (can't remember).