System brick (update loop) on a NAND system

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Self, Oct 6, 2019.

1. 13
    Self

Self Member

House builder
    Home Page:
    Wasn't paying attention too much on this system as I had just finished reballing it and was tired af from work this week. But anyway. NAND model G01 that was on 4.82. Stupid me grabbed the wrong 4.85 update and instead of updating OFW, I update using the HFW 4.85 firmware. Update loop but still saying at update screen I can install a version of 4.82 or higher so it hasn't taken complete control of the ROS numbers. I still have my progskeet 1.2 from the olden days of hardware flashers. But what all am I needing to try and rebuild here? metaldr is the only one I have come across besides ROS but if my Ps3 is saying install 4.82 or higher is seems as if the ROS wasn't changed (unless it was ROS 1 i assume). Anyway. How would you go about fixing this via hardware flasher? I know there's not an easier way around this considering its NAND and not NOR. Anybody have anything to chime in with? These new steps with 4.85 threw me off a bit at first and obviously really threw me off last night. So whats everyones thoughts?

2. 1,399
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College student,GAMING,REPAIRING,XMB Modder
    Home Page:
    Grab the wrong 4.85 update !!!!!! 4.85 HFW is the 4.85 OFW itself only with silk_webkit module from 4.82 OFW that is exploitable !!!

3. 13
    Self

Self Member

House builder
    Home Page:
    Everything I have seen so far as to the new 4.85 update is to install the OFW from the dashboard as well as recovery menu to get both ROS 0 and 1 to match saying 4.85. I find it odd that if that is all that is changed from OFW to HFW, The console is stuck in an update loop and with swapping out a new hard drive and re trying with no file system gets me to the "a serious technical error has occured 8002f281" error code. I have never had this happen when stuck in an update loop in the past. You HAVE to update to the original before the hybrid. It says this in a ton of places and I just missed it on this console. So what are the options for rebuilding an essential bad NAND with a hardware flasher?

4. 1,399
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    i think that problem is related to dump of PS3 if that so you need teensy or progskeet to try and fix your PS3

5. 13
    Self

Self Member

House builder
    Home Page:
    I've already said that I need to get out my hardware flasher. It's a NAND model. The PC trick wont work to get rid of this error code. I just need to know what needs to be changed other than metaldr once I pull the dump with my progskeet. The problem is now related to the dump because HFW got written first and not OFW. OFW 85 needs to be written first and I am almost 100% certain of this

6. 1,399
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    man didn't you read my previous post ??? HFW 4.85 and OFW 4.85 = same coreOS (nothing been touched there its official) only
    HFW 4.85 = OFW 4.85 + silk_webkit.sprx of 4.82 OFW (this file is official signed by $ONY thats why all models can install this update)

installing OFW first or HFW first doesn't change anything

7. 6,940
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Yeah, there is no difference in updating to HFW or OFW for your purposes, there is NO requirement to install OFW first, never has been.

The only thing that is recommended is to install the same version (like 4.84) twice before exploiting, that can be either OFW+OFW, or OFW+HFW, or HFW+HFW, does not matter as long as they are same version number.

Not sure why you bricked but its not due to that anyway.

8. 5,801
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

atreyu187 likes this.
  9. 13
    Self

Self Member

House builder
    Home Page:
    Well the only thing I can say is that before it was totally operational and had recentlyish been updated so I don't think it's a bad NAND issue. Handful of places I have checked when I was kind of learning about this new HFW (as I have been absent since 4.82 and had never heard of it) said that 4.85 OFW must be installed first and it must be installed via xmb and safe mode. There's literally no reason this systems should be doing this especially if these updates are basically the exact same minus the one sprx. I'm just gonna pull a dump and see what errors it's giving I guess. I don't know what else could have caused it. The others I have done went perfectly fine but I also updated to 4.85 OFW twice before installing the hybrid as that's what I thought needed to be done according to the rest of the stuff I was looking up.

It tries to update each time and gets to 92% before saying "operation cancelled' and then it will restart and do it 3 or 4 times before finally coming to this screen that says some basic troubleshooting steps and gives out the error 8002F1F9. If I reboot and try again I will get the error I listed above unless I wipe the hard drive in windows. But. yeah. Just gonna pull a dump and see what is what.

10. 155
    Louis Garry

Louis Garry Member

error 8002F1F9 = BD-ROM is not installed (correctly) or damaged. That PS3 supports CFW, why don't you patch CoreOS CFW and install noBD CFW?

11. 13
    Self

Self Member

House builder
    Home Page:
    As far as I know that error represents a number of items with BRD being one of them as well as a bad wifi card, NOR or NAND chip malfunction, or it being a bad hard drive. Something went wrong during the update for sure. BRD worked as I checked to make sure everything was working as it should before continuing. Only thing I didn't do on this particular system was update to 4.85 OFW. I have since done 3 others and they all worked fine as long as I updated the OFW with both processses. I just went and double checked my BRD connection and am letting it run its course now. I just find it odd that the one system that didn't get updated to 4.85 OFW is the one that is doing all this. Got the progskeet out and ready to pull the nands so i guess we shall see one way or another whats up.

12. 155
    Louis Garry

Louis Garry Member

Ops, errata, 8002F1F9 come from BT/wifi, make sure it functions properly and is installed correctly.

Self likes this.
  13. 13
    Self

Self Member

House builder
    Home Page:
    Ill swap in a known working board but I am almost guaranteeing once I pull a dump its gonna have errors. Im like 99.9% positive. It could be any of the 4 issues with that code. BT / Wifi board, bad BRD logic chip, bad hard drive (tried 3) or a bad/corrupted NOR/NAND. Im going with option 4 but I will double check bt wifi since I have so many and it is easily accessible.

14. 13
    Self

Self Member

House builder
    Home Page:
    Well fook me. Guess I should try not assuming the worst all the time. Swapped in a new bt wifi board and the update pushed. Guess you can update directly to HFW without updating to 4.85 OFW first. Consider this case closed and me a moron. Thanks everyone! Lol.

ElGris and pinky like this.
  15. 13
    Self

Self Member

House builder
    Home Page:
    Weird though. Now with this board in and it booting, I can't do the "press ps button with cable inserted" but connected just fine on the dashboard. :frown new::congratulatory:

16. 39
    Th3-J0k3r

Th3-J0k3r Member

Reset the controller via button underside pinhole then USB cable to reconnect should work

17. 87
    jeka26

jeka26 Member

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  18. 1,399
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    Man made your own thread and ask about your problem there :/

19. 2,669
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Again...? Nothing to do with the OPs issue or even remotely related to the issue......

And you've been warned once by a moderator about this and you go and do it again the next day on the same thread... ffs...

As I have already told you should make your own thread about issues like this if you cannot find another thread that deals with this.... I can safely say there is another thread that deals with exactly this.. maybe you should find it or make your own new thread on the issue.....

Th3-J0k3r and jeka26 like this.