Yifan Lu posted update to taiHENkaku on his Github few hours ago. taiHEN is still in beta stage, so most noticable changes are done under the hood. From things that every user should be aware for sure is a fixed dynarec. This should make PCSX and mGBA emulators working again. Also installer will now block the PS Button since people still are accidently hitting it. More changes are done mostly to get stability, and help future developers. But still every user is welcome to test this release to help in finding bugs or providing suggestions to developers.
- 大変革 Beta 4
Developers: Please make sure you are using the latest toolchain from (https://github.com/frangarcj/buildscripts/releases). We made a lot of changes so using an older toolchain to add taiHEN hooks will result in crashes! Also make sure to update your taiHEN development libraries to the latest version.
If you are not interested in helping test the beta, we recommend that you stick with the old stable release at (https://henkaku.xyz/) instead. To update the beta, reboot and visit http://beta.henkaku.xyz/ from your Vita's browser. To remove the beta, delete molecularShell, reboot, and visit https://henkaku.xyz/ instead.
- Fixed many bugs that causes instability, memory leaks, and crashes with hooks. Full details here.
- Fixed dynarec issue resulting in many emulators including PCSX and mGBA not working.
- In the HENkaku installer, you can now hold R1 to reinstall everything and reset the configuration files for taiHEN and HENkaku. This will reset your ux0:tai/config.txt in case you added a bad plugin that crashes the system.
- The installer will now block the PS Button since people still are accidently hitting it.
- PSN spoofing WILL break in a couple of days. Access might be restored at a later point, keep tuned.
- Sometimes, right after successful installation, the browser will either crash or show a black screen. This is okay, just press the PS button to exit manually.
- molecularShell now only shows ux0:. This is part of the move to molecularShell being a safe homebrew while VitaShell has full powers. Please install VitaShell manually to access other partitions moving forward.
- If build the offline installer yourself and point it to beta.henkaku.xyz, you can use offline mode. The release builds will always point to HENkaku stable.
Please report any other issues to the issue tracker
taiHEN Beta 4
- Implemented clean-up of user hooks on process termination
- Added more APIs for kernel module loading and process module loading
- Fixed bug where stack size was too small in syscall leading to crash when hooking or unhooking (seen by suprx loading skprx)
- Added checks to prevent hooking of unresolved weak imports (see docs for details on how to hook weak imports)
- Fixed bug in assembling the outro for BL instructions (can be seen by crash when hooking app_start)
- Fixed bug where taiGetModuleInfo does not retrieve all modules.
- Fixed bug where kernel module stopping crashes
PS VITA / PS TV taiHENkaku updated to beta4 - many fixes, and improvements
By kozarovv on Nov 14, 2016 at 7:29 AM
ReDream (DreamCast Emulator) Early Stages of porting to VITA & PSTV (RetroArch) from RinnegatamanteDeveloper Rinnegatamante whom we recently interviewed in the Power Supply Series and who has ported a Nintendo 64 emulator to the PS Vita / PS TV recently with the release of Deadalus x64. Has another emulation project that many will be excited for as this shapes up, especially after seeing the great progress of d x64's n64 emulation so far to this point. Now ReDream (A Sega Dreamcast Emulator) is being ported to the PS Vita as a libretro core running on RetroArch (Vita), so far its early progress, However, it looks like potential could be untapped from a developer who has some experience with the platform and emulation porting.. So far its rendering of graphics are in the early stages, so stay tuned for more progress reports from the developer..
Until then tell us in the comments below what is your favorite Dreamcast Game or memories from SEGA last hardware adventure.Continue reading
ManaGunZ v1.38 - 4.86 CFW (CEX) / HEN Support + Picture Viewer + several fixes from developer ZarFollowing the previous update of ManaGunz, homebrew developer and creator @Zar of the project has updated the popular ps3 homebrew to version 1.38, this update provides full 4.86 support (CFW CEX + HEN). Also in this update an added feature for viewing pictures (PictureViewer) in various formats that include DDS / GTF / BMP / WEBP / TIFF / GIM / TGA and other's as well. This update also provides several fixes; now in the file manager within ManaGunZ the scroll bar is now visible, also a fix to a language bug has been provided. See all the changes in this latest update in a popular AIO homebrew manager. multiMAN and IRISMAN are great choices as well for the PS3 but ManaGunZ is a popular choice as well. All 3 apps give a very diiferent approach and unique experience and also exclusive features.
Developer @Zar still have plans for the project and some features in development did not make the cut in this version but could seen possiably in a future update as the developer states with this release here in the psx-place forums that " The features I was working on, like dump BR, are disabled because I didn't finish yet.". So that is something that hopefully we see from this hobbyist developer when time allows. Until then checkout what the developer has brought us in v1.38 below in the included changelogContinue reading
Developer @TheoryWrong talks about "OrbisSWU" - An interesting approach for Downgrading your PS4 ???Remember back in the old days when instead of installing an Kernel/Web-Exploit like nowadays, you asked "how I can install an Custom Firmware (CFW)" or something like "how I can Downgrade my Console"? Of course, todays attempts aren't that bad since you get a similar functionality in terms of running Homebrew for instance, but not quite for 100% compared to the old days. Especially not when we talk about the possibilities of modifying a PlayStation 3 compared to the PlayStation 4 today. In fact, there was a time where everyone wanted to "Downgrade" his/her PS3 from an higher System Firmware (OFW) to bring the functionality of Homebrew back to their PS3. Or can you remember when your Blu-ray Drive wasn't working anymore due to its age or because of an failed Downgrade process so everytime when you wanted to install a newer, higher CFW, it failed with displaying an error message and you had to install those "noBD" CFWs? While the latter one was already achieved for older Firmwares below <4.75 in the past, it will be still interesting to achieve both a Downgrading possibility and a "noBD" support for higher Firmwares on a PS4 as well. The good thing is, well-known Developer @TheoryWrong asked the same question to himself. And it gets even better; he is ready to show his progress so far So lets have a look at it. Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- peter kilborn