Tales Of Berseria English Patch on PS3 HAN.

Discussion in 'Translations' started by Azura, Nov 22, 2018.

1. 9
    Azura

Azura Forum Noob

Hi guys,this is my first post here,nice to meet you all,i´ve been looking at this forum for a long time,thanks for all the help,but now,i have a question,i really but really wanna play Tales Of Berseria on my PS3 (HAN,4.82) with english patch,so,i know that the game seems to work according to CFW2OFW compatibility list,but,it´s really working with the English Patch? No problems and all? So yeah,that´s my question,have a nice day!

2. 2,111
    Berion

Berion Developer

It depends. If executables are edited, then answer is no.

In example Tales of Vesperia translation will not wok as some modifications are done in EBOOT.

3. 5,411
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Welcome to the forum :)
    And yes, it seems the english patch is working, i was looking at the forum search because i think there was some talks of the "tales of" games in a thread we have dedicated to the PS2 compatibility... but i found lot other threads talking about berseria
    http://www.psx-place.com/search/36455521/?q=berseria&o=date

And this is the other thread i wanted to show you, basically for checking if a PS2 game works in PS3 the first thing is to look at the compatibility list in wiki... then search in the forum (and especially in that thread)
    If you find something interesting, or something weird (not explained in wiki) you can write a post in that thread and eventually someone could imagine how to solve the problem
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/compatibility-list-ps2-on-ps3.1306/page-71

Ops, my mistake, i though tales of berseria was a PS2 game... then forget about what i said :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  4. 11,586
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

an alternative is to use a ps4 for that game. it's playable on 5.05.

5. 2,111
    Berion

Berion Developer

OT: After Vesperia this series going down and down. Berseria is one of the worst in the series. It is not worth the time... Even it is not good connected to also bad Zestiria, and explain almost nothing. This series dying (or died already as nothing new was announced from very long time).

pinky likes this.
  6. 11,586
    pinky

that's how I feel as well. zesteria (I own it on the ps4) has really good music, but the gameplay sucks compared with abyss or symphonia. I do miss overworlds too. I think the last console game with an overworld was vesperia, which I plan to buy for the switch. :D my original 360 died (rrod) before I could beat the game. I think I was at the final dungeon too. :(

Berion likes this.
  7. 2,111
    Berion

Berion Developer

OT: PS3 version has additional stuff comparing to X360 version. However the translation have one fatal bug (You need enough Holy Bottles to not get involved in any fight on the "mountain with whale" because game will freeze in any attempt (yet still after get the fly, You can go back and complete the bestiary)). Also viewing the bestiary in the game menu randomly freezing it. Oh, and there is a password typing from system OSK which is default in kanji but it is possible to switch to our and type it in English. Just FYI.I strongly reccommend this part of the series, one of the best and definitely (IMO ;]) last very good.

pinky likes this.
  8. 11,586
    pinky

that's an interesting bug. weren't they going to use something called "revolution" to translate the game on-the-fly, so it could be used with legit discs on ofw? I seem to recall something like that, but that might've been the tales of graces translation, which they stopped once it was going to be localized. graces sounds right, 'cause I think it was a Nintendo console, the Wii in this case, that the translation was for.

edit -- here it is: http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Riivolution