VITA / PsTV Team XYZ shows FW 3.70 Exploit for the PSVita / PSTV - TheFlow teases ‘Modoru’

Discussion in 'General PS VITA Discussion' started by Naked_Snake1995, Feb 8, 2019.

1. 1,675
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    If you’re stuck on firwmare 3.69 or firmware 3.70, then keep your eyes peeled because apparently Team Molecule are currently sitting on an FW 3.70 hack that works through the browser similar to FW 3.60’s HENkaku. On the other hand, if your Vita is currently hacked, there’s other stuff to be excited about as TheFlow might be releasing a homebrew utility called ‘modoru’ soon!

Team XYZ shows off a FW 3.70+ exploit chain

If you thought that no exploit existed for FW 3.70, think again because xyz (@pomfpomfpomf3) posted a video on Twitter proving the opposite.

Obviously, FW 3.70 has been hacked and Team XYZ has decided to show off their work to us all!
    In this video which can be seen in the tweet linked below, xyz boots up a PSVita 1000-series model running FW 3.70 (latest version of the Vita’s system software as of writing this article) in unhacked state.

After that, he opens the web browser and runs the exploit from a local server since Team xyz’s hack targets WebKit similar to FW 3.60’s HENkaku. Towards the end of the video, MolecularShell (VitaShell) 1.43 is opened which indicates that some homebrew has already been fixed to function on FW 3.70. From the video, it can be seen that the main people behind this exploit chain (hack) are xyz, st4rk and davee; all of which are PSVita hacking veterans.

TheFlow teases ‘modoru’ homebrew utility

Cryptic tweets are nothing new in console hacking scenes and yet another one has surfaced to make us scratch our heads. This time, it’s a tweet by TheFlow teasing a homebrew utility called ‘modoru’ and Reddit users were quick to point out that “modoru” means “to return” in Japanese which might be hinting at a utility allowing for firmware downgrading.

To further this suspicion, modoru’s LiveArea screen (by Freakler) features a clock with an arrow going back which makes it quite likely that this homebrew is indeed software which lets you downgrade FW 3.67/8 to FW 3.60/5. If this is true, it would be quite useful since a downgrade to these firmwares would allow you to use HENkaku Enso thus granting you a hacked PSVita at boot-time therefore eliminating the need to rehack/rejailbreak your PSVita/PSTV every time you reboot it!

Credit to: wololo.net

Dytvn0sXcAAAOjF.jpg-large.jpg

svotib and sandungas like this.
  2. 5,754
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

3. 1,675
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    I tried but apparently i am not eligible,nor have enough privileges to post in the news feed, so i posted as a separate thread :)

I am not a big fan of copy & paste articles,but i didnt had time to do my own,so i just stuck with this one, maybe next time :D

sandungas likes this.
  4. 5,754
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I mentioned the copypaste because it cant be published in frontpage news like that, for a thread in the forum (to start a talk) is fine thought :)
    For the next time an advise in "the feed" is better, and there is no need to rewrite it, but is good if you want to mention some details, like... "i think this is important because X, Y, and Z" ... or... "they forgot to mention A, B, C"... or whatever

5. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

You should be able to, you are required to select a Prefix by the title input.. (ps4,ps3,ect...) a popo will come up if you do not..

But other people on same permission group, has posted just fine even today.
    I just checked and tested your permissions and you should be able to.

Are you using tapatalk? wondering if prefix input or warning pop up i seen on it.

6. 1,675
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Browser and Tapatalk, using both on the daily basis, but i think i am able to publish with Tapatalk but not in Browser due to permissions, Tapatalk isnt my prefered choice in terms of news post, cant stand small 5.3 inch screens mate :D

7. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Its not permission issue, i checked and other users with same permission can, even earlier today The Hero with his latest post.. that why i thought it might be tapatalk not giving the prefix option which is required in THE FEED.

Any error or popup saying you do not have permissions?

8. 1,675
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Yes, the error describes as follow: You dont have enough permissions to post here

Update: Now that i checked again, it lets me post in the NEWS feed submition, quite odd,but ill do it next time, thanks lad ;)

9. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

That is odd.. will do some more digging through it.I even tested your permission set and all seemed fine.
    also weird it works on one thing but not the other..

10. 1,675
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    All solved, shall i post it on the news feed this time around, or ill just leave it be here, but ill keep in mind once fresh scene news pops up ;)

11. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Go for the feed (in future) because every so often i will move all those post in respective area's with redirects. its like a backpage (or internal pages) of the front page. what was the issue?