THE BIGGEST PSX/PS2 ART PACK EVER MADE!

Discussion in 'Open PS2 Loader (OPL)' started by imkira3, Nov 21, 2019.

1. 373
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) Chillin like a Krillin
    Home Page:
    So as it turns out, I had 2 really old really large image archives on my hard drive from now dead torrents! I don't really delete much if it's small potatoes, you never really know what you might find on my drive lol. So, I then downloaded the October 2019 OPL Manager image archive, including covers, screenshots, the whole 9 yards. It even had a PSX image archive! But, there was still work to be done. Duplicate images, files with the old naming style, etc. So I whipped out BRU and got to bulk renaming. I couldn't do much about the duplicates of different formats without conversion, so you might get duplicates like SLUS_008.66_SCR.JPG and SLUS_008.66_SCR.PNG but not of the same format, I basically pruned it down as much as I could, removing all the extra screenshots except 3 per game (as I know some older app revisions still use 3 screenshots) The original OPL archive once extracted was almost 4 gigs, with what I added it's now nearly 5 gigs, and that's AFTER I removed a lot of the extra files and the duplicates! So basically, if you have 5 gigs of space you can put this in your ART folder and never have to download art again!

Fun fact: I actually made this for my brother. He's not real tech savvy and with this he will never have to download art :) but I tend to share things I make if they are useful.

IMPORTANT!: If you try to copy or extract all the files onto a USB you will get error 80070052 on a windows computer and some other error on other operating systems or with your choice extraction program. This is not an issue with the files themselves, but rather with FAT32's inherent limitations. FAT32 only supports 21,856 files in the root directory. Copy the files directly to the PS2's internal hard drive, in parts, over FTP or by utilizing sub-directories. Sadly, this does mean there are too many files for FAT32 external drives, and there is no way around that. Sorry guys.

UPDATE: I actually forgot to combine a few of the files lol, I was half asleep when I wrapped this up, my bad. I have updated the archive, with only a few hundred files but it's still important for the sake of being as complete as possible. I was also able to identify where one of the art packs I used to help make this came from! Credit for about several thousand of these images goes to Raimundo Santana and CANINOS296, several hundred came from an anonymous source, and ofc the rest are from the OPL Manager database :)

This thread is no longer relevant except to archive prior comments, all future work on this project can be found at: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/f...-pre-configured-with-art-and-emulators.27742/

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    ntodek, Peppe90, TnA and 3 others like this.
  2. 5,910
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    I'm sure this will be enjoyed by quite a few but consider archive.org as well for a long term solutions.

3. 373
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

Home Page:
    Interesting idea

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  4. 1,656
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

TnA likes this.
  5. 263
    Tupakaveli

Tupakaveli VIP PSX-Place Supporter

What are the dimensions of the non OPLM art?

TnA likes this.
  6. 373
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

Home Page:
    Right, but this is all that and more, just without extra screenshots and the old database had many files using the old naming style, I fixed that here though it's not a problem if you download the files with OPL Manager as the program will rename them automatically. It's a big problem if you download the OPL database manually however, so I made this art pack.
    Dimensions of all the art are the same, they were all meant for OPL I just got them somewhere else a long time ago, in an old torrent.

Looks like the upload is complete too, so feel free to check it out yourself.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    TnA and jolek like this.
  7. 3
    madman37

madman37 Forum Noob

I wouldn't have the patience to download 4.4 gb worth of covers lol

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

8. 373
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

Home Page:
    Would you rather download all your covers each and every time you get a new game, or click a few buttons and let your computer do all the work while you do whatever, hell, you can even download in your sleep. I fail to see your point lol, you could have every cover for all your games, now and in the future in just a few clicks and a little time, and never edit your ART folder ever again. You would never even need OPL Manager ever again lol, you could just transfer your ISO, not to mention this comes with PSX covers as well

9. 373
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

Home Page:
  10. 862
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    +1 for this.
    Thank you for sharing.