Time to help pinky...

Discussion in 'Wii-U' started by pinky, Dec 8, 2016.

1. 12,342
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I asked on gbatemp, but I got no response (thus far), but does anyone know of an app that allows u to dump wii saves, then inject them into the virtual. I know one exists, but I don't know the name of it. plus, I need to allow me to choose which saves to inject instead of a batch install. I have 240 stars in Super Mario Galaxy and 242 in Super Mario Galaxy 2 which I'd like to keep. the others don't mean much to me. I have 200% in dkc returns on my wii, so I'd like to transfer that as well as all bosses defeated in Arc Rise Fantasia (bad voice acting but an amazing rpg).

2. 5,909
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Sorry bud I am of no use to you. I can't even get my Wii properly modded. It came to me hacked so I tried updating and everytime I run WiiMC I get a nag screen about possible wrong IOS file installed. I can't even get a backup loader working. I wish there was an easy way to go back to stock and start fresh.

3. 12,342
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

both my wii and wii u r modded. there's an excellent tutorial on the latter on gbatemp. I figured out the wii on my own without a tutorial. u backup every ios on the virtual wii at least which will save u from a brick. I just installed a theme today which seems to work despite sayings it was impossible. u have to inject a theme into the system menu instead of using an app. u need ftpii everywhere for this as well as iosuhax cfw. I may be able to help u with hacking ur wii u or ur wii. u want to be using ios 58 mostly.

4. 5,909
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    It's a jumbled mess as the person prior to me didn't know what he was doing when modding and seemed to add mods on top of mods. I just need to spend some time with it but I don't ever play it and my kid has no issues loading her games from the disc. She's like me if I am gonna play a game from start to finish it must be from it's original NON PIRATED form. Only exceptions are early builds like alpha or beta disc.

5. 12,342
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I actually beat Final Fantasy XII in beta build. I may have been the first person to beat it too. the game wasn't even out once I beat it which is lol. non-pirated forms is how I play most of my games. I play dkc tropical freeze, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, and new super mario bros. u a lot. I'm an expert at those games. :-D

-------------post merged-----------------

I may have to bump the thread on gbatemp. I'm known as godreborn there since my account is so old.

I got a response to check out the save apps on the homebrew browser. I have a forwarder to that on my wii, so I'm going to try that tomorrow. I only want to transfer certain saves rather than a batch since I have 200% in both super mario galaxies. I have 200% in dkc returns on the wii as well as 100% in arc rise fantasia. I almost have 100% with shining gold stars on new super marios wii on one of the systems. I'm only missing 9-7 I believe. that stage is a nightmare with ice and piranha plants shooting fire balls. I've beaten the stage before, but without getting shining stars. I didn't even know there were shining stars 'til I got them. I looked it up and apparently it's only if u've beaten every normal stage without the p block. :-/

here's me on temp: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-wii-saves-to-the-virtual-wii.452374/#post-6913280

sounds simple enough. however, I hope u can choose which games to overwrite instead of a batch install to the virtual wii. @atreyu187 , I recently changed to a them on the virtual wii. it's pretty easy to do. u have to take one of the .app files, 0000001f.app, and inject the theme directly into it using a modded version of theme manager. the .app is different for pal though. that's the US version.

I managed to dump my saves, but I got an error upon installation. I think there's something wrong with the virtual wii version, because dumping virtual wii saves also ends with an error. I encountered no error on the normal wii. thus, I'm transferring the games manually using the built in save migration tool. u have to have played the game once, and there can't be any save already installed or it will force u to play the game/delete the save before save migration is doable. I just checked dkc returns, and my 200% save is intact. :-D

all saves transferred but the new super marios wii one. for some reason, I got the error, "the data may have been copied," to which it wasn't. strange error really. I'm going to try using a save manager for that game. I have 179 saves, but most of those r merely from loading a game up, so they're throw away. I successfully did Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Zelda Skyward Sword, DKC Returns, Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Other M, Metroid Prime 3, Klonoa, and Arc Rise Fantasia from what I remember. I went through each save in the menu to see what each was, and those r the games I selected (there maybe a couple more). some games will tell u they won't work on another Wii after transferring them. Final Fantasy The After Years is one of 'em. strange that it would say that after transferring. they left the option in only to do that? most games have the option to copy or to move whited out. :-/ I'm installing the entire update catalog of Wii-U games atm. it's taking forever since there r so many.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2016
  6. 85
    SedRick

SedRick Member

PINKY!
    Word on the street is you have a wii-u.
    Just want to ask if they are worth modding yet?
    i have a brand new one sat in the loft on firmware 3.0.0.
    Are wii-u's capable of launching backups?
    Is there a good back up manager?

7. 7,646
    kozarovv

kozarovv Developer

Home Page:
    Wii U is currently hackable, looks like firmware need to be below 5.5.1 but read full post to get full info before update.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/hacking-the-wiiu-a-simple-progress-guide.338900/

8. 1,460
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

On fw 5.5.1, you have iosu exploits to allow for rednand, and haxchi which allows booting into a selected title through xml edits. The haxchi isn't for the faint of heart though, if you don't make sure your title is on the nand it's an instant brick. Your safest bet being new is to use the mocha cfw by dimok. It's very similiar to how Luma is on 3ds.