Tough MF ;)

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Berion, Dec 20, 2017.

1. 2,115
    Berion

Berion Developer

More than 11000 hours works. Still my PS3 is alive.
    Well, HDD start dying but it's quite good record. Many PS3 and many HDD would be dead twice. :D

Attached Files:

2. 570
    DEX357

DEX357 Member

Good result, second enough for ps3

3. 5,448
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Thats a lot, it tells how many crashes it had ?, and bad sectors remapped ?

4. 2,115
    Berion

Berion Developer

And I never control the fan and never open her. Just once for few months making "fan test". It should be already YLOD/RSOD. For one year she was DEX (and as I heard it is more stressful than CEX, I don't know if this is true).

@sandungas Parram number 05: Relocated Sector Count, and I have 5 so it means 5 bad sectors (but still there is a lot backup sectors, so it is just a signal for the user that HDD should be replaced). Also no.01 Raw Read Errors is a warning. No. 0A Retract count is also to high. Speccy telling me everything is Good but it is not, those parrams show the user that this HDD can fail in near future. :)

DeViL303 likes this.
  5. 5,448
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I was curious about the bad sector remapping because i have seen some laptops where is disabled (not sure if at bios level or with smart). That bad sector can be remapped at filesystem level (by the OS software/driver)
    I was wondering if the PS3 had it enabled, and it seems it have it enabled, good (and 5 is fine considering the PS3 crashes a lot in normal use with cfw and game backup tests)

The "retract count" i think can be used as a counter of the PS3 crashes (big ones when the PS3 turns off by itself, or when is needed to turn it off by keeping pressed the power button)

And the "raw read errors" should be also crashes, the kind of crashes where the hdd device access stops (but the hdd continues spnning so no "header retract")

Are good numbers overall, i bet most people in cfw has big counters on that ones, i should have much more probably

DeViL303 likes this.
  6. 2,115
    Berion

Berion Developer

@sandungas Sector relocations are making by mass storage firmware which i.e monitoring various of the parrams (which we know as S.M.A.R.T.). Every HDD doing it if it have such parram listed. I don't know if this can be disabled by higher levels like BIOS/UEFI/EFI or OS. But who knows, I'm not sure how i.e hdparm works (is communicate with HDD fw and changes are permanent on this device or just some settings in OS which telling HDD fw to not doing something? probably permanent because I disabling in the past head parking and creating HPA region). For sure always is fw dependent on that device. Whatever truth is/possibilities are, CellOS doesn't interfere with this specific case.

I have a lot freezes with Bethesda games. Across all hours playing in ES5:Skyrim, F3 and F:NV I have experience near 100 freezes... Those engines are junk, and their saves often break (not literally, just save something which causing huge memory leaks and in results from framerate dropping to total freeze). I experiencing force fsck less than ten - which is strange because very seldom "watchdog" allow me to turn off the console from PS Button pressed when games froze, so I must just turn off console by back button.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017