PS4 Transfer Save file to another account

Discussion in 'General PS4 Discussion.' started by SeanRanklin, Nov 2, 2019.

1. 129
    SeanRanklin

SeanRanklin Member

Any way at all of doing this without using the paid save wizard?

besantesteras likes this.
  2. 12,557
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

there's an app called save mounter (I believe) that can do this. it even works between different systems.

besantesteras likes this.
  3. 129
    SeanRanklin

SeanRanklin Member

Ah, i've looked into this and it seems the program is only for JB PS4's?

What happeed to the good old days of the PS3 save builder etc? :(

4. 2,578
    Berion

Berion Developer

Never heard of any PS3 Save Builder.

Saves on PSV and PS4 are closed in encrypted container. So You need extract them from it to make them free from per user (NP Account ID), per console (IDPS) and even per title signing (game keystone). And for that reason, it was created Save Mounter (maybe because scene doesn't know how to decrypt PFS on PS4, so the scene using save cache where OrbisOS mount it PFS itself for specific game session (just like on PSV)).

OrbisOS offering also exporting and importing saves for those who activate console and make SEN account to USB mass storage devices (MSC), but no one know how to decrypt it, encrypt it or rebuild it. It is probably the same kind of PFS and for sure one of the seeds/salt is timestamp because every time exported the same data have different checksum (around fw 5.07 they changed something in algos because save from this point are less compression affected). I hate it BTW, it is waste of space because even if game use i.e 1B for their save, Sony closing it in minimum 3MiB container... Many saves on PSV are very tiny, like i.e ~200KiB but they are closed in multi-MiB junk. This is also save broken friendly if developer exceed declared size or for some reason buged the code and then Orbis cannot unmount it correctly.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  5. 12,557
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

yeah, I think you need a modded system. I've never used it, but I asked leeful about it. he said he's used it across more than one ps4. I'm wanting to use the app to get the saves off of a banned account to another account.