Developer @jjkkyu has updated TrueAncestor PKG Repacker for the PS3 to version 2.30, this tool contains various functions for repacking and creating your PKG files, in this update after request, there has been added support for Installing to other XMB categories, such as the Network column on the XMB. This option is available in the "Fast Pack Pkg (#1)" Option. View instruction & usage within the tool itself, also view the lastest changes with full history provided below
TrueAncestor PKG Repacker
- Add support for various app categories in fast pack & repack.
TrueAncestor PKG Repacker - History
1. Add new unpack engine make_pkg_npdrm & rpkg_extractor to replace the old engine PkgView.
2. Unpacking retail psp remaster pkg is now supported under rpkg_extractor.
3. Auto-switch unpack engine when handling 2gb+ pkg file.
4. Update instructions.
1. Set default to ON for patch sfo and resign eboot switches.
2. Remove the retail patch restrict for repack pkg.
1. Fix search non-standard contentid in self files.
2. Fix rename issue when resign eboot switch is on.
1. Rewrite the whole program and rename to TrueAncestor PKG Repacker.
2. New fast pack operation for ultimate pkg packing experience.
3. New ungpkg engine for unpacking pkg.
4. New game folder info & pkg info display.
5. New switch for patching PARAM.SFO in packing process.
6. New switch for resigning EBOOT.BIN in packing process.
7. Newly support long install path for Gamedata pkg.
8. Newly support packing PS2 Classics pkg.
9. Newly support packing .p3t theme file to pkg & batch mode for packing theme pkg.
10. Newly support packing avatar file to pkg & batch mode for packing avatar pkg.
11. Newly support packing retail & debug license pkg.
12. Update instructions.
TrueAncestor PKG Creator
1. Fix bug in patching PARAM.SFO.
2. Fix bug in auto-generating ContentID.
1. No more typing command line.
2. No more editing conf file.
3. Support to create more than 10 types of pkg.
4. Support to load ContentID from pkg / auto-generate ContentID.
5. Manage pkg in one folder.
6. Instructions for n00bs.
Download: T/A PKG Repacker v2.30
PS3 TrueAncestor PKG Repacker v2.30 - Support for XMB Categories
By STLcardsWS on Jul 25, 2016 at 6:27 PM
4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) CFW by AlexanderThe PS3 4.85 CFW landscape is gathering some familiar names after a bit of a slow start after the 4.85 OFW Update, We seen Rebug Lite released last week, Now we have cfw developer @Alexander releasing 4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) Custom Firmware for the PS3 (for models capable of cfw installs). This is an updated version of Alexander's FERROX brand containing all the usual's like XMB MOD installer for extra features like the CyberModding Homebrew Store, while updating to 4.85 and also the latest cobra version 8.20 that debuted on Rebug 4.85 Lite. Checkout the latest details of this release from Cybermodding's @LizZo belowContinue reading
4.85.1 REBUG LITE CFW with new COBRA v8.2 ReleasedDeveloper Joonie of Team Rebug has announced today the latest cfw release (following 4.84.2 rex) of the REBUG brand. This is not the iconic REX flavor of PS3 Custom Firmware, which is a hybrid of dex/cex, In order for the creation of REX, the team is dependent and still in search for file's needed for the creation of REX (4.85 DEX PUP). However, they have the LITE version (a CEX based Cobra CFW) ready to go for 4.85 user's seeking a new 4.85 CFW. This is a welcomed update from Team Rebug as the 4.85 PS3 CFW landscape has been a bit light in choices (for 4.85). So having the developer's with one of the best name's in Custom,Firmware development is great to see now as an available option. Also, they have updated the Cobra payload to now version 8.2 & also the Rebug Toolbox has been updated (toolbox addon requires installation in "install package files" pkg is waiting for you there after installing REBUG) You can checkout all the feature's/patche's in the provided list below for this PlayStation 3 Custom FirmWare and then checkout full details/documentation of the release at rebug.me the official website (direct link found at bottom of article).Continue reading
[Update] multiMAN 04.85.01 - Official Update from deank adds 4.83-4.85 CFW Support + PS3HEN SupportUPDATE 04.85.01 - Improved PS3HEN Support Added
Original: Appears that developer @deank has pushed an official update for the popular PS3 Homebrew known as multiMAN (or mM). We have not seen an official update since firmware 4.82 (albeit from some unofficial modified version, that were not ideal), there was not much of a need for an update since the previous official update of 4.82 worked fine as is on 4.83 /4.84 / 4.85. In that time Sony's changes in 4.8x era of firmware were minimal and presented little changes for the PS3. The only thing that was missing was firmware detection of 4.83 and greater, as it was impossible for the application to know the offsets of future firmware's. However, deank quietly pushed an update via the applications online update. This new update provides official support for CFW 4.83 - 4.85 which will recognize and properly fix the cosmetic issue and display the new firmware presents.
Other then that its the same old classic multiMAN, which is not a bad thing as this was and still is an iconic applications for the PS3. This powerful Homebrew is packed with tons of functionality for your cfw enabled PS3, Regarding support for PS3HEN user's I am not sure as of writing this if this version supports PS3HEN fully, (see 04.85.01 update) nothing is mentioned so we should not assume. On brewology there is an unofficial multiMAN 4.84 PS3HEN version (* in previous releases), but not sure how compatible many of the feature are (maybe we could have user's comment below with some feedback regarding ps3hen) PS3HEN user's in general should also realize that many PS3 Homebrew apps were created with CFW in mind. so there can be compatibility issue with some features..Note that ManaGunZ is supporting PS3HEN w/ a special PS3HEN mode that will disable the CFW features.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
All in one - Scans a package folder and serves them onto your PS3's XMB, Breaking the 4GB barrier!