PS3 Trying to get Need for speed working! Please help!!!!

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by cookes, Jan 4, 2020.

1. 1
    cookes

cookes Forum Noob

So, before i got my CRTV i was using a 50 inch 4k flat screen and NFS UG2 was running, but it didint look right and it seemed laggy. I thought a CRTV with the AV cables would fix this and make the game playable. So i hunted down a cheap CRTV and got cables off a friend and finally got the TV and cables set up. I set the ps3 output to AV and got that working. But now when i try and launch NFS UG2 with my new setup the Playstation 2 logo appears then it continues to the NFS UG2 loading screen. Then because i dont have a memory card mounted it pops up and says you dont have a memory card inserted would you still like to play and i says yes but then thats as far as i get. After that point it comes up AV2 in the corner of the screen and no video input is detected. I tried kingdom hearts and that is working perfect! I dont understand why UG2 will not work when i had it working on the flatscreen, and other games work fine! Any help would be soo much appreciated you dont even know all i want to do is beat nfs ug2 with a ps2 like con just like the old days!

2. 3,541
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    NFSU2 will be laggy and not look right no matter what you do with it unless your using a BC PS3> CECHA or B or semi BC CECHC or E or play it on a PS2. You will also get super motion blur at high speed to the point where you cannot see the track properly or on-coming traffic.

These are known issues with NFSU2 on Non-BC PS3's.