Trying to Play ps2 game on ps3 HEN

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by KaitouDan, May 27, 2019.

1. 12
    KaitouDan

KaitouDan Forum Noob

I used the USB.CFG method to transfer the iso to dev_hdd0/ps2iso, the game is Persona 4.

I installed ReactPSn, made "aa" and changed it by ReactPSN, installed PS2 classic place holder and ready to install it from the ps2 retro tab on mMCM, and getting this error code.

Error text (in case of Imagebam errored) :
    This operation is not allowed

ISO TYPE : 14
    ISO PATH (I) : [/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Persona 4.iso]
    ISO PATH (O) :[/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Persona 4.iso]
    ISO SEGS : 1

ERROR : 80010003 (ENOSYS)

2. 10,780
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

reactpsn uses an unsigned act.dat, so it's not compatible with hen. also, games must be ps2 classics, not ISO.

edit: I didn't realize you had the placeholder installed.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  3. 9
    Bryon15

Bryon15 Forum Noob

I've been trying for days. I'm fed up and frustrated. I have a PS3 slim newer model (3000). I'm on 4.84. I installed han. Then installed ps3hen. I learned how to install my PS3 game discs to the internal hard drive and play them from there. But I'm having very difficult time getting PS2 games to run. First I followed this guide:

That didn't work. The game won't show up on xmb. Instead it says "unsupported data" "this model of the PS3 system is not compatible with playstation 2 format software".

So after that I followed this guide:

That didn't work either. When I try to launch the game, my console shuts itself completely off. How did you get PS2 games to run?

l0ad1ng likes this.
  4. 12
    KaitouDan

KaitouDan Forum Noob

Thx for replying! I thought ReactPSN used to sign the iso on ps3.
    So, what should I do? Should I make it to pkg as I can't even dump it to PS2 Classic Placeholder?

Edit : on my own thought I'll proceed to bring the iso to ps2gui on pc, decrypted it, and copied the ISO.BIN.ENC to PS2U10000/USRDIR, and run it through PS2 Classic Placeholder on XMB, will it work?
    Edit : also, does everytime I want to play ps2 classics i should enabled han? I'm a noob, only discovered HEN 2 days ago, have no experience with CFW, but been haggling with PS2 classic pkg for a long time with HAN. As far as I got was able to install it and ran it, but got only blackscreen with controller not working (the game is NFS Most Wanted)

5. 5,389
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Castlevania Junkie Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:
    You have the file copied in the right folder and HEN must be enabled everytime. But you have to have the rap for the placeholder installed via PSN Patch or in your hdd0:/exdata folder. You have to swap the encrypted ISO for each game by manually doing it or using PS2 Classics manager. Also if the game needs a CONFIG file you must place an encrypted one in the USDIR folder as well. I have a pack @Joonie made but I am not around to upload it so you can do it yourself if needed or maybe someone else has this pack available they could post.

Algol likes this.
  6. 12
    KaitouDan

KaitouDan Forum Noob

Alright I'll try copying the rap straight to hhd0/exdata

7. 16
    GodsPerfectIdiot

GodsPerfectIdiot Forum Noob

Im going to guess you're in the same boat as me. I'm having the same issue. Did you load up SEN Enabler and spoof the FW? It breaks the PS2 emulation (breaks the hash I guess) the only way to fix it from what I can tell, mind you I have not got around to doing this yet, is reinstall HAN from patch.

Now this might be complete lies, as I havent tried it myself but thats my next step. Honestly the only reason I want to do ISOs is for 2 disk games as theres no way to pkg them together. Making signed pkgs is more tedious but I havent really ran into any issues performance wise