Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

Trying to view my files on BruteForce Save Data

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Siegfried, Aug 29, 2019.

1. 10
    Siegfried

Siegfried Forum Noob

Hello,

Sorry if this seems like a very noob question, but I'm only just trying to learn how to use this, but can't even get far enough to even try to practice. My end objective is to reassign my PS3 save data's console ID and (maybe) date/time settings. I decided to try BruteForce save data.

I'm not confident enough to do this yet, but I watched some Youtube videos on BruteForce save data, and it seems you can select a save data, and a window at the bottom will give you some info on it (ie, what game it's from, etc). I was hoping just to get to this stage today, so I can see exactly which saves have and haven't been backed up on my USB.

The thing is, NOTHING is showing up when I open the folder. BFSD doesn't recognise these files at all.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the files were put onto my usb via PS3 back-up, and then I copied them onto my computer. It's a bunch of .dat files, and all files are named "archive", often with different numbers. Can anyone identify why BFSD won't let me access them? Or if there are any other tools that would be more suitable?

Thanks in advance.

2. 45
    bucanero

bucanero Member

Home Page:
    to use Aldostools Bruteforce save data, you need to copy the save games using the XMB.

You mention "ps3 backup" and I'm not sure you've copied them correctly... plug a FAT32 usb drive, and using the XMB, go to your PS3 save games, select one, and choose "copy".
    Then you should be able to load the save on the Bruteforce editor.

3. 2,241
    Berion

Berion Developer

System Backup are not saves... They are archives with HDD content (almost everything).

Export saves via XMB (not possible for saves with Copy Prohibited parram) or any file manager ("dev_hdd0/home/<user number>/savedata/<GameID>/").

4. 10
    Siegfried

Siegfried Forum Noob

Ok, that'll certainly help when I start fiddling with the save files' console id and dates.

But before I get to that, is there no way for me at all to view the files that have been backed up on the usb? A way to check the .dat files? To at least see which game saves have and haven't been backed up?

The reason I want to know this is because some of my saves from when I did back-up before aren't being restored, and I'm trying to check whether or not they were backed up onto the usb at all.

5. 2,241
    Berion

Berion Developer

There is a way but not this tool. ;) Long ago, Kakaroto wrote ps3xport for such task. It is a little bugged so only read should fully works for both protected and unprotected archives.

Saves which aren't be restored from system backup on another machine are saves with Copy Prohibited on in PARRAM.SFO. So You can extract them from sysbup then use Bruteforce SaveData to rebuild PARAM.PFD after making changes in in SFO. Then You could just restore saves from saves import option in XMB.

6. 10
    Siegfried

Siegfried Forum Noob

7. 2,241
    Berion

Berion Developer

No, I'm talking about "ps3xport", not "PS3Xport Tool". ;)